Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old August 25th, 2013, 04:14 PM
xxarmando

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Hello everyone, I have a question that has been bothering me for a while. I'm a huge fan of Pokemon games, and I have played and beaten every single handheld game that has come out. My problem is I lost my Pokemon black and I had my Pokedex nearly filled. Thankfully I transferred most of the hard to obtain/old gen Pokemon to Black 2 upon it's release.

Now I started playing black 2 recently and I notice that I have many pokemon left to catch (easy ones, but over 300 [evolutions included]) My question is: Should I try and complete the black 2 Pokedex? or just wait for X and Y and transfer them there like I have been doing since gen 3.

P.S Should I complete it by having 1 of each Pokemon (for example: one Bulbasur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur , instead of Venusaur counting for each Pokemon) Literally one of every possible Pokemon.

All insight appreciated,

Armando.
Pokemon Y friend Code Armando- 3738 - 0810 - 8294
Dark Safari (Sneasel, Mightyena, Liepard)
Please send me a PM after you add me So I can add you back!

Art by Themrock

Last edited by xxarmando; August 25th, 2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: P.S
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:09 PM
KnockFan
Just a Beginner ...

In my opinion, I wouldn't try to collect every Pokemon available just yet, unless you have some free time to kill. Wait until there's confirmation that you can transfer your Gen 5 (Black, White, Black 2, and White 2) to Gen 6 (X & Y).
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:19 PM
xxarmando

I hope they do I don't see them not adding a must feature.

Art by Themrock
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:42 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockFan View Post
In my opinion, I wouldn't try to collect every Pokemon available just yet, unless you have some free time to kill. Wait until there's confirmation that you can transfer your Gen 5 (Black, White, Black 2, and White 2) to Gen 6 (X & Y).
I wouldnt understand why they wouldnt. Especially for those competitive players such as myself. Who get the games not only to play but to stay current, which they will eventually require gen 6 games for next year.
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:57 PM
chimpact

Send a message via Skype™ to chimpact
ya I would just wait until confirmaton
I do Pokemon LP's [Rom Hacks/Nuzlockes etc.] and battles on my youtube channel. Definitely check it out if you have the time.
https://www.youtube.com/user/chimpact.
Old August 25th, 2013, 07:34 PM
xxarmando

Yeah I feel like I should wait too, but I have a feeling that they are definitely going to allow transfer, I mean it's almost common sense seeing previous gens.

Art by Themrock
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Fiery Dash

You should complete it the Pokedex (SPOILER ALERT!)[*]
  • Spoiler:
  • Seeing all Unova Pokemon, excluding event exclusives (Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo and Victini), you'll obtain a Permit to Nature Preserve, which houses a Shiny Haxorus.
  • Catching all aforementioned will gain you an Oval Charm which increases breeding success rate.
  • Catching all non-event exclusive National Dex Pokemon will gain you a Shiny Charm(?) increasing your chance to find shinies!
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I'm trying to do what you're doing with my White 2 - obtain one of every single Pokemon. I'd say I'm about 3/4 there, so I'm going to go for them all! It gives me something to do while waiting for X and Y, and I'll feel like I really 'completed' my White 2 if I do that.

Plus it's rather fun, I did that with Pearl Version and found some really cool foreign Pokemon on the GTS.
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Sneaky Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
I wouldnt understand why they wouldnt. Especially for those competitive players such as myself. Who get the games not only to play but to stay current, which they will eventually require gen 6 games for next year.
Well as of right now, the issue has to do with the DS and the 3DS system not being able to talk to each other.

Despite that issue, GF might decide to change the IV system, or the data structure of the pokemon files in game. It wouldn't be backwards compatible then either. I'm personally hoping for this.

Personally, I think competitive players would be getting hampered by backwards compatibility, and illegitimate flawless pokemon being brought forward again. A true honest fair player would enjoy breeding and training to get their new pokemon competitive again.
Trophy SHINY Bagon for trade!

Currently looking for:
-Competitive shiny and HA pokemon
-Assault Vest
-Ability Capsule
-Tyranitarite

FC: 1993-8587-9003
PM me first

Last edited by Sneaky Truth; August 25th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:53 AM
WhiteKnightL

I say wait until it's confirmed. Of course, trying to complete the PokeDex is rather fun if you got nothing to do. Plus you get stuff by completing the PokeDex.
"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
-St. Augustine

"You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible. That maybe you survive." -The Ninth Doctor

I'm a Catholic Whovian who loves to watch anime and read manga, discovering my faith while still trying to to enjoy the things I love. Feel free to PM me for questions or just to chat!

Black 2 file
Palom
FC: 3483 3007 8236
Feel free to add me to trade and/or battle! Could really use some friends in BW2!

Poetry thread (please check it out!): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310154

My trade thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307887
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Nature: Jolly
To be honest, do whatever you feel you want to!

I would also be one to wait and see if you can transfer Pokémon since it can make catching them much more easier, but if you're really bored and have nothing to do in Black/Black 2, then go on ahead and complete the Pokédex for those games!

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here