• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon or Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I prefer Pokémon for both. The whole concept of Digimon regressing to their base form after digivolving really puts me off the franchise which is a shame since a lot of the Digimon designs are much cooler than those of Pokémon. I also love the 5 (or 6?) tier evolution trees with countless branches Digimon can take and the fact that multiple Digimon could digivolve into the same thing, it's a really interesting concept. If they'd kept the franchise like Digimon World 1 for PSX where your Digimon stayed digivolved and it was just like raising your partner similar to Pokémon then I think I'd much prefer Digimon, but as it stands I prefer Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I prefer Pokemon over Digimon. I think the overall concept of Pokemon is better when comparing it to that of Digimon. Also, the actual designs of the Pokemon are superior to that of Digimon imo. I admit, there was a time when I was involved with Digimon. It was a short time, because the overall series didn't stick with me. It was kind of bland.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I used to like watching Digimon growing up, but around 1st grade I got more into the Pokemon anime.

Never played the games and I doubt they were better than the Pokemon games, but I thought the anime was a little better.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
I can say I like them equaly.Pokemon has better games,though,the anime was only good in the season from Kanto and Johto,cause after....meh.....
I like Digimon World Dusk and Dawn(I have Dawn)(did you noticed?Dawn=Digimon game,and Ash companion).I didn't liked the way you catched the digimon in World Championship,but the way you are catching it in Dusk/Dawn is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back