• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Carbon Version (RMXP)

How is it so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Heya~ I've always been a fan of this project, you're showing some pretty neat stuff and are very good for a Fakemon-using game, among the top ones in this forum I'd say. Being a fakemon designer and spriter myself, I'd like to give you some critique and suggestions on the fakemon you posted in the update. They're by and large quite good, I just think that with a little tweaking they could be much more professional-looking. ;D My comments are in bold.

Baydeelstaged.png

Baydeel - Also found in the first few routes of the game. You'll find this one alongside Cripet, Parmal and a few others.
I'm not much of a fan of this one, reason being that I can't quite tell what it's supposed to be exactly. Yes, I got that it's a Normal (or part-normal)-typed earlygame Rodent of some sort, but beyond that I have no idea. What's that thing on its head? Is that a steel helmet or something? And what's that tail supposed to be? What makes this Pokemon unique? Sprite-wise, you could use a little more contrast in the brown area, and use a slightly less bright red for a more natural feel.

Corbloomstage.png

Corbloom - Corblooms have a 3 stage evoloution. They also change color according to the day...They're sort of like your watch lol. Does this palette seem odd to you by the way? We had a tough time deciding.
They change color through the day? That's neat! So they're kind of like a floral clock? I look forward to seeing how you implement that gimmick in future evolutions-- perhaps elaborate on the "clock" aspect and give it minor time-controlling powers? Anyhoo, the colors you've got look pretty cool, and I suppose they'll change so if I have a problem with one it'll be different the next hour. xD What bugs me about this is how the petals are sprited-- they don't really look like petals at all, more like random... uh, blobs of stuff, or hair. Look at Meganium for an example of how petals look in official Pokemon sprites, and fix them to look more flowery.

cobblyxstaged.png

Cobblyx - Can you guess? Did you Guess? Is your guess Correct? Maybe, Cobblyx will be a prevo of Onix. Catch this little thing anywhere in rocky areas.
Cute name. This one's pretty good, although the pose bothers me-- how is it standing? The eye also looks kind of odd-- I'd make it darker in order to distinguish it from the face around it, because it otherwise sort of melds into the body.

etonstaged.png

Eton - Eton can be found during the night. This pokemon also has a 3 stage evoloution, but as it grows, so do it's colors...What do I mean by that? Well you'll find out.
This thing is cute. ^^ Dark-type, I presume? I like the craftsmanship on this sprite, but the legs strike me as off. Also (perhaps it's just my monitor, but even so), I find it hard to distinguish between its colors since they're all so dark. But whatever, this is one of your best in this update. =D

Laplitstaged.png

Laplit - Ah another prevo, this one however was made by my spriter GP_Arts, Thanks Gp. Laplit will be an uncommon pokemon but you'll be able to obtain one ;)
Good sprite, but the design is less so. It could pass for a younger version of Lapras-- the point of prevos is to simplify or exclude parts of the parent. I would shrink the shell to be tiny, or get rid of it altogether, and remove some markings (spots or underbelly, you pick), and make the eyes bigger and make it overall more babyish.

Largoosestaged.png

Largoose - Hmmm...Yes Largoose...I'm still debating as to whether this pokemon will be an evoloution to Golduck or have it's own evoloution line. It's your choice everyone.
It's palette looks dirty so I'll be doing some clean up on it's color.
Cool design! I'm not sure what you were intending with it, though. I'd make it its own species and say that it's distantly related to Psyduck, and give it a psyduck-esque prevo to back it up. You're right on needing to change the colors-- saturate them (make them brighter) if you want to make it D/P-styled instead of RSE.

I like your designs as a whole. :3 I'd also like a follow-up to my suggestions, if you can.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Epic win on the tileset! and great update!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like them.

Heya~ I've always been a fan of this project, you're showing some pretty neat stuff and are very good for a Fakemon-using game, among the top ones in this forum I'd say.(Thank you It really encourages me to hear you say that) Being a fakemon designer and spriter myself, I'd like to give you some critique and suggestions on the fakemon you posted in the update. They're by and large quite good, I just think that with a little tweaking they could be much more professional-looking. ;D My comments are in bold.

Baydeel
I'm not much of a fan of this one, reason being that I can't quite tell what it's supposed to be exactly(It's supposed to be a Badger). Yes, I got that it's a Normal (or part-normal)-typed earlygame Rodent of some sort, but beyond that I have no idea. What's that thing on its head? Is that a steel helmet or something?(Lol That's just white fur, maybe I should recolor it?) And what's that tail supposed to be?(The tails just a puff ball with a little white design on it...sorta like chimchars chest design) What makes this Pokemon unique? Sprite-wise, you could use a little more contrast in the brown area, and use a slightly less bright red for a more natural feel.(Maybe this pic looks better)
baydeel-1.png

(It's JPEG'd because I've already noticed my stuff on others games in different forums.)

Corbloom
They change color through the day? That's neat! So they're kind of like a floral clock? I look forward to seeing how you implement that gimmick in future evolutions-- perhaps elaborate on the "clock" aspect and give it minor time-controlling powers? Anyhoo, the colors you've got look pretty cool, and I suppose they'll change so if I have a problem with one it'll be different the next hour. xD What bugs me about this is how the petals are sprited-- they don't really look like petals at all, more like random... uh, blobs of stuff, or hair.(They're flower buds, that's probably why.) Look at Meganium for an example of how petals look in official Pokemon sprites, and fix them to look more flowery.(The petals emerge during it's third evoloution)

Cobblyx
Cute name. This one's pretty good, although the pose bothers me-- how is it standing?(Lol It's not. It's sitting on one of its' boulders) The eye also looks kind of odd-- I'd make it darker in order to distinguish it from the face around it, because it otherwise sort of melds into the body.(I'll change that right away)

Eton
This thing is cute. ^^ Dark-type, I presume? I like the craftsmanship on this sprite, but the legs strike me as off. Also (perhaps it's just my monitor, but even so), I find it hard to distinguish between its colors since they're all so dark. But whatever, this is one of your best in this update. =D(Thank you...I'll work on the colors some more.)

Laplit
Good sprite, but the design is less so. It could pass for a younger version of Lapras-- the point of prevos is to simplify or exclude parts of the parent. I would shrink the shell to be tiny, or get rid of it altogether, and remove some markings (spots or underbelly, you pick), and make the eyes bigger and make it overall more babyish.(Yes A R Said this too...I'll work on new design concepts)

Largoose
Cool design! I'm not sure what you were intending with it, though. I'd make it its own species and say that it's distantly related to Psyduck, and give it a psyduck-esque prevo to back it up. You're right on needing to change the colors-- saturate them (make them brighter) if you want to make it D/P-styled instead of RSE.(I'll consider that Idea thank you, and alright I'll change the colors.)
I like your designs as a whole. :3 I'd also like a follow-up to my suggestions, if you can.

Thank you very much and I'll take all your suggestions into consideration.

Last edited:

Ac1d

Game Dev
Years
Largoose
Cool design! I'm not sure what you were intending with it, though. I'd make it its own species and say that it's distantly related to Psyduck, and give it a psyduck-esque prevo to back it up. You're right on needing to change the colors-- saturate them (make them brighter) if you want to make it D/P-styled instead of RSE.(I'll consider that Idea thank you, and alright I'll change the colors.)

I think it should be like nidoran, Nidoking -> Nidoqueen.
So you create another psyduck, or make the gendering 50/50 or something like that.
Then the females evolve into this, and the males into golduck.

Just an Idea.
Keep up the great work.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
just a suggestion, badgers have slightly longer and flater tails, not to be confused with a beaver's tail though

I didn't know that lol, Thank you. I'll fix that today.

I think it should be like nidoran, Nidoking -> Nidoqueen.
So you create another psyduck, or make the gendering 50/50 or something like that.
Then the females evolve into this, and the males into golduck.

Just an Idea.
Keep up the great work.

Yes I think that's what ZephyrPlusle was suggesting, I just may do that. Thank you for the suggestion and Yes I will try my best ;)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
everything looks great! I'm excited, everything is really starting to come together!!! i cant wait for you to get legendary milo... and laplit looks great! (I specifically left the shell smooth b/c i couldn't quite get the shading right...)

it looks great! keep it up flood, and i'll be sending more edits of my sprites as i go...

<~F.M.P~>

Years
everything looks great! I'm excited, everything is really starting to come together!!! i cant wait for you to get legendary milo... and laplit looks great! (I specifically left the shell smooth b/c i couldn't quite get the shading right...)

it looks great! keep it up flood, and i'll be sending more edits of my sprites as i go...

Thank you Gp I'm glad you like it...You actually did quite a good ob on the shading and I don't want to show Milodos right this minute, but It'll be shown eventually ;).

Note: I'll be gone for a bit being as there's some stuff I want to learn such as more scripting tricks as well as how to use RMXP up to it's peak performance so I wont be posting any updates for a bit, but I will be updating the Public tileset so If you're interested in it please check the thread every Saturday for the latest Tileset.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
Years
yeah i would have to agree with atomic reactor, infact that was going to be the first thing i would of pointed out. but you beat me to it.

and whats this coruption is coming june 17 thing?

and finally a gym leader with some class! wish i had blue hair like that...
EDIT: dang it someone beat me to the review! srry i was just busy this week. anyway what forms have you seen these on? the nerve of some people!

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
That's cool! Carbon Is back, im waiting for update FMP :)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I just want to post and let everyone know. I re-opened the thread because of a request from FMP.
A few people were saying that the post above was a bump post on a thread over a month old. So I'm just saying, don't worry, there is no need to report the post to me (although I'm glad the community likes to help and keep me up to date on keeping the threads clean).

I'm looking forward to seeing what FMP has in his next update for this revived game.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Hey what's up everyone, Sorry I've been gone for so long. The extra time I spent away wasn't actually intended but It was good for me seeing as how It gave me time to organize myself. I've got a pretty decent update already planned and in the works so I'm looking forward to getting Carbon back on it's feet. Thanks everyone for waiting so patiently for it to return ;) I've got new Kyledove tiles for everyone and anyone that's using his tiles By the way.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
That's cool! Carbon Is back, im waiting for update FMP :)

Yep and thanks alot Venom I should have a new and pretty big update out either this upcoming Wednesday or Friday ;)

I just want to post and let everyone know. I re-opened the thread because of a request from FMP.
A few people were saying that the post above was a bump post on a thread over a month old. So I'm just saying, don't worry, there is no need to report the post to me (although I'm glad the community likes to help and keep me up to date on keeping the threads clean).

I'm looking forward to seeing what FMP has in his next update for this revived game.

Thanks alot for re opening my thread and clearing that up Neo ;)

Hey it's open!
Big update soon?
I've been waitin!

Ha ha Thanks Blazers and Of course there's one coming ;)

Nice to see the thread back open.

Thanks alot OI :P

Yay, Carbon is back! I can't wait to see some new fakemons. When will the new update be?

Thanks Mulch, and I should have a fairly big update ready by next Wednesday or Friday

Note: This upcoming Update should include, A few new tiles, New characters, Concept art, Sugimori, Fakemon, Bag, New Feature, and a few other things ;)

Atomic Reactor

I can't wait to see the tiles you've been working on :P
Oh, and all that other jazz lol.

<~F.M.P~>

Years

xpylxi.png

I'm very sorry.

I'm sorry to say that The update won't be today as I had planned, but It's not exactly because it's not ready(Minus a few sprites) but there are a few more things I want to add to the update before It's released. Some of the new things include the rest of the battle system for Carbon as well as MORE new fakemon, Tiles, Sugimori art, Titlescreen unbelievably enhanced, Events, characters, Revealing of a legendary, and quite a bit more. When I wanted Carbon's reopening update to be big...I meant insanely big so forgive me. I won't disappoint though I promise ;). If you all can hold on a few more days I guarentee it'll be worth while. Here are a few teasers however to keep you at least hoping it'll be great.

Teaser6.png

Teaser1.png

Teaser2.png

Teaser3.png

Teaer5.png

WOAH-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back