• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Dont worry. Im not some jerk who goes around and spoils things like this. As far as Shaderu, I was refering to those X panel traps in the Island of Calm and if they were catchable. For the camera, I was already so high leveled and I dont recall it ever using Data Stream. Im gonna restart after the next update so I can see if I can catch him.

OK!

New IPS will probably be up tomorrow - if I can level myself enough to test Esau's script...

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
I've been playing this for a couple days now, and I must say, this is one of the most unique plots I've ever seen!

I'm a little stuck though. I'm inside the layer of the purple-haired people, and I need a flashlight to go forward. I've searched everywhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Cutlerine

Years
Oh, one more question: What plans do you have for that house in Rustboro that the sign says its a bank?

That's actually a reference to one of my first hacks, Pokémon Solar, when that building was a bank and the top floor was a vault that was 'impossible' to get into - unless you stood in the stairway and span around repeatedly. Ah, happy days.

I've been playing this for a couple days now, and I must say, this is one of the most unique plots I've ever seen!

I'm a little stuck though. I'm inside the layer of the purple-haired people, and I need a flashlight to go forward. I've searched everywhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Um... The Inquisition are liars. You don't actually need a flashlight. Just take the Leap of Faith and step into the unknown...

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
That's actually a reference to one of my first hacks, Pokémon Solar, when that building was a bank and the top floor was a vault that was 'impossible' to get into - unless you stood in the stairway and span around repeatedly. Ah, happy days.
Pokemon Solar? Ive never heard of that hack...

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
If you'd check some earlier posts (and there aren't that many :P) you'd know you get cut in the cave west of Rustboro ;)

Cutlerine

Years
Where is HM01 Cut..? Help Me Please...

If you'd check some earlier posts (and there aren't that many :P) you'd know you get cut in the cave west of Rustboro ;)

Half-right. It's actually to be found in Endless Plains' Verdanturf area.

Pokemon Solar? Ive never heard of that hack...

No, you wouldn't. It was never released to the general community - just to a select group. With good reason: it was insanely difficult (we're talking about the Trainer Pokémon being about 20-25 levels higher than those of the player, on average), and the Champion froze the game, and, despite having an entirely new Fakedex, none of the Pokémon had sprites... Oh, and it had enough bugs to fill a termite mound, with about seventy left over. I look on it as a learning experience.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
No, you wouldn't. It was never released to the general community - just to a select group. With good reason: it was insanely difficult (we're talking about the Trainer Pokémon being about 20-25 levels higher than those of the player, on average), and the Champion froze the game, and, despite having an entirely new Fakedex, none of the Pokémon had sprites... Oh, and it had enough bugs to fill a termite mound, with about seventy left over. I look on it as a learning experience.
I see. Sounds like if it were to ever be worked on again, that it would have potential to be great. But, then again, it sounds like it'd be too much of a pain in the ass...

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
eh..another stuck..this time in a cave near Safari Zone...is it only the way to go East?
Ah the Madio Cave...Brings back memories of how I ripped my hair out at the mind numbingly difficult time I had getting through there...Yes, you need to go through the cave to get to Lilycove. All I can say is use Flash and pray that you dont go insane...

Years
There are some bus I found. The female swimmer in Route 130 has the same Ruby dialogue and Pokemon, her name is Katie. The Sis and Bro in Route 131 appear as Fisherman Wayne-something when you battle them. The Sage in Route 134 causes odd text to appear. Those are bugs I found.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Hey, me again. I was wondering...I'm in Pacificlog (if it's spelled wrong, sorry) Town, and the Professor (forgot his name for the moment) said that I need to 'fight using my body' of something like that. Anyway, there's a cave north of the town, but I don't know what to do or where to go next. Any options?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Hey, me again. I was wondering...I'm in Pacificlog (if it's spelled wrong, sorry) Town, and the Professor (forgot his name for the moment) said that I need to 'fight using my body' of something like that. Anyway, there's a cave north of the town, but I don't know what to do or where to go next. Any options?
That's the end of the current beta for this hack. Not much else you can do besides go around and fill up the Pokedex.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
I found a bug aswell. See screenshot for more information.

In the previous version, when I talked to that man the screen just got red and the game blocked. I downloaded the new version and now I get the same dialogue as in the madio cave when you talked to the girl of that couple. (the one where you step on her face after you chatted with her).

Because you move up one spot after the dialogue it is possible to walk on the water :P (you need to stand on the spot "above" him)

Cutlerine

Years
I found a bug aswell. See screenshot for more information.

In the previous version, when I talked to that man the screen just got red and the game blocked. I downloaded the new version and now I get the same dialogue as in the madio cave when you talked to the girl of that couple. (the one where you step on her face after you chatted with her).

Because you move up one spot after the dialogue it is possible to walk on the water :P (you need to stand on the spot "above" him)

There are some bus I found. The female swimmer in Route 130 has the same Ruby dialogue and Pokemon, her name is Katie. The Sis and Bro in Route 131 appear as Fisherman Wayne-something when you battle them. The Sage in Route 134 causes odd text to appear. Those are bugs I found.

Duly noted. I'll fix these in the next update.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
Question: where is the item in the lilycove sewers? The one that you have to bring to the guy that was on the phone

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Question: where is the item in the lilycove sewers? The one that you have to bring to the guy that was on the phone
The item isnt in the sewers. As he said, its on a ship wreck somewhere. However, Cutlerine hasnt made that part of the game yet.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
I see... Thanks :) It's been a while since I visited the sewers :P I beat the elite four a couple of times and I was just scrolling through the game a little bit when I encountered that guy in the sewers. Forgot that he said the thing about the ship.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I see... Thanks :) It's been a while since I visited the sewers :P I beat the elite four a couple of times and I was just scrolling through the game a little bit when I encountered that guy in the sewers. Forgot that he said the thing about the ship.
The sewers are where I spend half my time in this hack. Im just waiting for him to make the next update so I can clear my save file and start over.

Back