• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

team ZEUS-SNICKERS

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Spoiler:

Hi! This is my first Gen V RMT. I've had a few successful teams, but none really stood out as well as this one. I've gotten to a rank of 42 on Smogon (though the ladder was recently reset a couple of days ago), as well as ~90 on Beta Server (where the ladder hasn't reset). I feel like it's at the peak of how well I'm going to continue building it, so here I am posting this thing. :]

Note that this is indeed a Wifi team because I enjoy the level of prediction Team Preview poses (I mean, I can see what I have to watch out for and everything!) and because there aren't ass Pokemon like Shadow Tag Shandera. So anyway I started off with the general idea of trying to take Rankurusu and building a team around it. Once you remove Trick and Taunt users (as well as incredibly strong physical attacks like CBTar Crunch or like Scizor entirely x_x) it can pretty much annihilate teams. There's not much stopping it from taking powerful hits, Recovering off the damage, and then killing the other Pokemon.

Anyway, without further ado...

team Z E U S - S N I C K E R S
Spr_b_g5_445_m_s.png
Spr_b_g5_579.png
Spr_b_g5_448.png
Spr_b_g5_381.png
Spr_b_g5_589.png
Spr_b_g5_130_m.png

t e a m - b u i l d i n g
for more information on how i brought this team together!

Spoiler:

a - z o o m e d - i n - l o o k
so there's actually something to rate lol
also thank goodness for the export to text button :]

445.gif

Syndy (Garchomp) (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Double Chop
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

This is my fantabulous lead. I almost always leave it out in the lead position, regardless of the matchup it looks like I will have in the Team Previews. It tends to cause plenty of switches at the lead position anyway (because, um, it's Garchomp) and I almost always have a favorable matchup regardless. The only leads I'm kind of afraid of are random Latios leads and such, but I usually play incredibly suicidally with Garchomp anyway, so I can leave chomp in to take the DM and go to Shuba to Pursuit the fleeing -2 SpA Latios so I can get rid of that problem immediately. This is probably one of my favorite leads that I've ever played with, so I'm not incredibly interested in changing it out, but if you have a suggestion I'll probably be listening. That's why I have a RMT thread, after all. :)

The moves are rather self-explanatory, I would imagine. Fire Blast is there to roast stupid Nattorei and Skarmory and Bronzong who think that they can wall me. >:D

Garchomp is named after Syndrome, whom I stole the idea of a lead Garchomp from. If you'll notice, most of my Pokemon are named after PC members...

579.gif

Aero (Rankurusu) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psycho Shock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Here is the Pokemon I built my team around; Sir Lime Gelatin. This is by far it's most effective set (NO TRICK ROOM CHERII >:C), and so I really wouldn't like any changes to the set. Max/max and Bold is to maximize the amount of punishment that Rank can take; once it's at +6 through Calm Minds, Rank really doesn't need any more power than what it has. I run HP Fighting because Focus Blast's accuracy sucks ass and it's the worst move in the game. :|

Rankurusu has been my most effective member (as it should be n__n) so I really don't expect any changes to it at all. It's just here so I can show you how cute it is. :D

Rankurusu is named after Aero, who introduced me to Rankurusu when I saw his RMT here about it. I fully realized its potential later on, but still, I had to name it after someone. :)

448.gif

Wolf (Lucario) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Here's Rankurusu's partner in crime. I mostly use him to keep annoying Pursuiting TTars in check, as well as baiting Taunt Gliscor to jump in and get eaten by HP Ice. I'm running Modest because there's nothing notable in that speed range that I'll outrun with Timid; plus Luke likes more power. :)

Also, Vacuum Wave does ~90% to Doryuuzu, so if it has any prior damage at all this becomes my Dory revenger/check or whatever. I'm really proud of the way Luke has done so I would like to keep the set the same or similar, though I'm perfectly willing to accept suggestions here.

Lucario was the hardest Pokemon to name; I mean, I had the options of Aura (Aura Sphere lol), Luke (because um it's Luke) and wolf (because Lucario is a wolf! hehe) but as you can see I did indeed go with naming it after Wolflare.

381.gif

Oppo (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Shock
- Trick

This is where I feel like I begin to deviate from standard sets. I have never seen a Scarf Latios ran against me (they're all either Specs or LO, both of which are easy to identify). Anyway, I run scarf so I can check runaway threats with the power of my DM, and I also enjoy the presence of the extra speed in situations like against a +1 Blaziken that thinks it can outspeed me or an Urgamoth who has Butterfly Dance'd up or one of those not-max speed Kingdra in rain who get outsped and then lose to a DM. :]

So. I know that the lack of HP Fire on this set allows it to be "beaten" by Nattorei, but that's almost exactly what I want it to be. See, if Natt comes in on a DM (which I spam more frequently than any other move), it's going to assume I'm going to switch out so it almost always Leech Seeds the switch-in. Funnily enough, though, my switch-in is Rank who takes the move with pride and begins setting up. I don't need Latios to kill Natt because Natt is complete set-up bait for Rankurusu.

The only thing I've been concerned about as far as Latios is his move selection; I only use Psycho Shock now and then, and Surf even less. If you have some other moves with decent coverage THEN I AM LOOKING FOR THEM.

Well, you can assume now that I'm starting to run out of reasons for naming Pokemon after people. OPPO IS VERY LATIOS-LIKE

589.gif

D-A (Shubarugo) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Rock Smash

This is, in all seriousness, one of the coolest Pokemon ever. If you want to know how to use it, you send it in on a Grass or Dragon-type attack, and then you spam Megahorn. That's all you need to know.

In all seriousness, though, it's performed very well. It's my switch of choice after a Latios or something KO's Garchomp (who suicides everything anyway); I usually come in and Pursuit the damn thing while it's running away for an OHKO. I hardly find myself using any other moves, but they're really unnecessary when I have so much power behind my Megahorn anyway. What I'm really looking for here, too, is a more defensive EV spread I think. While Shuba does take hits better than you would imagine, it still can only take so much punishment. And a lot of the time, the power is overkill. Should I run a less offensive spread...? :[

I named it after D-A because elf is very strong like Shuba. :]

130.gif

Aura (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Bounce

Here's the problem area. I've got him in here as a check to Scizor and Urgamoth (who can basically tear apart the rest of my team if it gets two Butterfly Dances in (or just one, if Latios is dead!) I mean, if you read the team building section, you'd understand that I've been having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what the hell to do with this slot and I think that Gyarados has fit it the best... though I'm not sure if "the best" is really the best. If you have any suggestions AT ALL for this spot, I would be more than happy to look over them.

Yeah, sorry Aura. I didn't know where to put you. :(

I'd put a threat list at the end but I'm super lazy and just writing all of this took wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long so I'd love it if you gave my efforts a notice and rated my team a little bit. :]

IF YOU VIEWED THIS THREAD YOU BETTER RATE OR I WILL EAT YOUR GIZZARDS >:C

t h e - e n d
...because it's the end NOW RATE >:D

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
I'm not on here. You disappoint me =( I could have been Gyarados because I use Rhyperior to counter it, you know? lol
(also D_A came up with chomp first but that is syndrome's version. The three of us all have diff versions lol)

Anyways you really don't have a HP Rock Urugamoth answer. (I run HP Rock sooo yea lol) I'm not sure how common that variant is, but some good priority could do the trick. Aqua Jet and Quick Attack are probably the best options for priority, so Azumarill does kind of become a good Urugamoth check but you kind of lose the advantage against Scizor. (its mainly more seen on Rain Dance teams though). In terms of Quick Attack users, Scizor sometimes runs it >> Pursuit to beat out weather abusers, and I think it can smash through non-Bulky Urugamoth if it is weakened. I'll need to check that though. Also I'll look up CB Nite's Extremespeed because that could be an option >> Latios possibly.

I'll come back if I spot something else.

scizor007

Vengeance
Years
445.gif

Syndy (Garchomp) (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Double Chop
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Fire Blast is there to roast stupid Nattorei and Skarmory and Bronzong who think that they can wall me. >:D

Fire blast can't OHKO natt,coz it even takes a Modest SpecsLatios HP fire at max SpD.Nor can you do too much to zong(~50% WITHOUT any HP/SpD evs lol),or even skarm.I'd run SD in place of it.

579.gif

Aero (Rankurusu) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psycho Shock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Run Focus Blast for killing TTars switching in.I don't get why you're making it soo bulky though.I'd invest some more SpA evs.

448.gif

Wolf (Lucario) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Inner Focus
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Seriously,I don't like the idea of 3 choiced pokemons in your team,and frankly,I don't think Specs luke can be too much of a threat.I'd use Agility> Vacuum wave and give it a LO-can be quite a rapist lol.

381.gif

Oppo (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Shock
- Trick

Specs,else TTar has it for dinner(It eats Lati even with specs,but DM does like 96% with 2 hits).Also Blaziken can't OHKO with SE unless it gets any Att boosts.Also,you could run CB dragonite/Mixed wallbreaker for a few more type resists.

589.gif

D-A (Shubarugo) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Rock Smash?????????

God,that move still exists?lol.I know that's a filler move,but Double edge might be a better option imo.

130.gif

Aura (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Bounce

Here's the problem area.​

A problem it is.With mischievous hearts running everywhere,I don't think Taunt'll work.Run SE/EQ > taunt.I usually have Gyra@ max Att/Sp ,but the bulk will prolly be needed.
Comments and suggestions in bold.Hope I helped.Dismayed by the absence of my name lol.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Something to stop Spikes might be nice here. Spikers can come in 3/6 of your team and lay Spikes quite easily.

Double-Edge might work here on Shubarugo, it does up to 38% to min/min tran though Rock Smash 2hko's with SR support. So its up to you, last slot is megafiller anyway haha.

I do agree you need a Moth check because that thing is an ass to you, prolly over Gyara. Scarf Terakion might work, he is a great scarfer and generally much better than Latios as it isn't Pursuit bait lol

Un-Choice some of your pokes imo too. LO + Recover on Lati. NP on Luke.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
I hardly find myself using any other moves, but they're really unnecessary when I have so much power behind my Megahorn anyway.

Also, why am I not on there? D:< Use seven pokemans.

Get rid of Specs Luke for something that isn't choiced. Having three choiced mons on the same team is asking for trouble, even if one is carrying Trick. Though for what escapes me at the moment.

Edit: That Gyarados is pretty bad too. :x Use pure defensive or cut it for something better.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
imo replace specs luke for NP toxircroak (could run balloon to mess with dory) also helps with rain teams who currently poop all over you and stops sand teams (well, dorry and ttar), toxicroak so strong so useful :D gyara seems like a pretty poor decision as well, zapdos stops scizor and can get roost :O

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Oh geez, thanks for all the rates, guys! IT WAS THE THREAD TITLE THAT ATTRACTED YOU RIGHT

also @ why i didnt name other people i'm sorry i only have six pokemon slots :(

I'm not on here. You disappoint me =( I could have been Gyarados because I use Rhyperior to counter it, you know? lol
(also D_A came up with chomp first but that is syndrome's version. The three of us all have diff versions lol)

Anyways you really don't have a HP Rock Urugamoth answer. (I run HP Rock sooo yea lol) I'm not sure how common that variant is, but some good priority could do the trick. Aqua Jet and Quick Attack are probably the best options for priority, so Azumarill does kind of become a good Urugamoth check but you kind of lose the advantage against Scizor. (its mainly more seen on Rain Dance teams though). In terms of Quick Attack users, Scizor sometimes runs it >> Pursuit to beat out weather abusers, and I think it can smash through non-Bulky Urugamoth if it is weakened. I'll need to check that though. Also I'll look up CB Nite's Extremespeed because that could be an option >> Latios possibly.

I'll come back if I spot something else.

Yes, definitely. I've noticed that Urgamoth is my biggest weak if it sets up anything at all (and coming in on choiced Aura Sphere is definitely one of the couple situations it can come in and set up). I'm not sure if I want to run Scizor (a la two bug/steel types) and I think my answer to Urgamoth is going to end up being the scarf Terakion that everyone suggested to place over my ass Gyara slot. Thanks for the rate!

scizor007 said:
my own comments to yours in bold~

[garchomp]
Fire blast can't OHKO natt,coz it even takes a Modest SpecsLatios HP fire at max SpD.Nor can you do too much to zong(~50% WITHOUT any HP/SpD evs lol),or even skarm.I'd run SD in place of it.

I'm not going to run SD. I'm not setting up on Pokemon like Zong or Skarm that will beat me without Fire Blast anyway; a 2hko is enough for me. It weakens Natt and Zong who both don't get recovery, and it does enough to Skarmory that Skarm is now afraid of Chomp and will run away. Anyway, I'm not looking to OHKO threats. It's enough for me to make them run away in fear.

[rankurusu]
Run Focus Blast for killing TTars switching in.I don't get why you're making it soo bulky though.I'd invest some more SpA evs.

NO.

I explained myself in Rank's description. I am NOT changing anything about Rank; Focus Blast accuracy is ass. Its bulk is there so it can actually survive a huge amount of hits; and by the time Rank is +6/+6, nothing is going to take Psycho Shock/HP Fighting well anyway except like Tomb or Sableye. Extra SpA is going to be overkill. And TTar? Luke is there for the double switch.

[lucario]
Seriously,I don't like the idea of 3 choiced pokemons in your team,and frankly,I don't think Specs luke can be too much of a threat.I'd use Agility> Vacuum wave and give it a LO-can be quite a rapist lol.

While I don't think I'm going to keep Luke choiced, I don't think I want to run Agility Luke. I mean, I won't unless I run a physical set, which has more base power on its moves and such.

[latios]
Specs,else TTar has it for dinner(It eats Lati even with specs,but DM does like 96% with 2 hits).Also Blaziken can't OHKO with SE unless it gets any Att boosts.Also,you could run CB dragonite/Mixed wallbreaker for a few more type resists.

No Specs. If I'm choicing it for anything, I'm choicing it for speed.

[shubarugo]
- Rock Smash?????????

God,that move still exists?lol.I know that's a filler move,but Double edge might be a better option imo.

Yeah, it's definitely just a filler. I'll run Double-Edge over it, thanks.

i did kill a skarm with rock smash though lol :x

[gyarados]
A problem it is.With mischievous hearts running everywhere,I don't think Taunt'll work.Run SE/EQ > taunt.I usually have Gyra@ max Att/Sp ,but the bulk will prolly be needed.

Yeah, Gyarados is ass. I'm going to be running Scarf Terakion like D_A suggested, I think.

Thanks for the rate, scizor!

Something to stop Spikes might be nice here. Spikers can come in 3/6 of your team and lay Spikes quite easily.

Double-Edge might work here on Shubarugo, it does up to 38% to min/min tran though Rock Smash 2hko's with SR support. So its up to you, last slot is megafiller anyway haha.

I do agree you need a Moth check because that thing is an ass to you, prolly over Gyara. Scarf Terakion might work, he is a great scarfer and generally much better than Latios as it isn't Pursuit bait lol

Un-Choice some of your pokes imo too. LO + Recover on Lati. NP on Luke.

I haven't run into a team that has beaten me purely (or even partially) because of Spikes, though I'll take that into consideration.

Yeah, it is. Thanks.

Like I said a couple times before, I'll try Terakion. :]

I'll give those a go.

Thanks for the rate. :)

Seconding the suggestion of Scarf Terakion over gyara.

PBF155-Gigaknight.jpg

SHUBARUGOOOOO

lol, thanks oppo. :3

Also, why am I not on there? D:< Use seven pokemans.

Get rid of Specs Luke for something that isn't choiced. Having three choiced mons on the same team is asking for trouble, even if one is carrying Trick. Though for what escapes me at the moment.

Edit: That Gyarados is pretty bad too. :x Use pure defensive or cut it for something better.

Yeah, I won't use Specs Luke. And Gyara is being cut~

Thanks for your rate. :D

imo replace specs luke for NP toxircroak (could run balloon to mess with dory) also helps with rain teams who currently poop all over you and stops sand teams (well, dorry and ttar), toxicroak so strong so useful :D gyara seems like a pretty poor decision as well, zapdos stops scizor and can get roost :O

I've only played "eh" rain users up until this point, though Scarf Latios and Specs'd Luke helped me beat out some of them up to this point. I might try your suggestion of Croak, though I do currently enjoy how well Luke does. :]

Thanks, alanonymous. >:D

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
yeah i wasnt sure if you actually had a problem with rain or not, i was just saying as far as common rain moves v. pokemon on your team, the matchup is in their favor. i wouldnt change luke unless you start to have problems with them though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I understand that Gyarados has Waterfall and Bounce for neutral coverage, but Bounce gives your opponent time to set up or switch to a counter. I'd rather have Stone Edge in its place. Or, if you'd like a defensive set:
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Waterfall
-Dragon Tail
Nature: Adamant/Careful
EVs: 252 HP/60 Atk/192 SDef (if Careful) or 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def (if Adamant)
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
yeah i wasnt sure if you actually had a problem with rain or not, i was just saying as far as common rain moves v. pokemon on your team, the matchup is in their favor. i wouldnt change luke unless you start to have problems with them though.

Yeah, I'm not so good against rain, which happens to be like dominant. :|

I understand that Gyarados has Waterfall and Bounce for neutral coverage, but Bounce gives your opponent time to set up or switch to a counter. I'd rather have Stone Edge in its place. Or, if you'd like a defensive set:
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Waterfall
-Dragon Tail
Nature: Adamant/Careful
EVs: 252 HP/60 Atk/192 SDef (if Careful) or 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def (if Adamant)
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate

I'm not running Gyarados any more.

Magmorter

Suffering from Pokerus...
Years
I would personally change Garchomp with Salamence even though Salamence is slower it has better attack and spec attack but if you've already fully EV'd Garchomp it would be a slight waste of time.

Back