• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Anyone have a link to the footage of Gogoat being ridden in Pokémon Smash?
The stream in its entirety. X/Y styff begins around the 36:15 mark. You'll find old footage and new footage beginning at 38:15, and then the Gogoat stuff at 42:42.

Hello, question. Assuming fairy type is real, which starter would you think would be most likely to be fairy type? Even if fairy type was real, it wouldn't mean a starter would be this type, but if they were, which would you see as being most likely?
Fennekin seems like the most likely to evolve into a Fire/Fairy if Fairy is even real. I'm still willing to bet on it being a Fire/Psychic though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have a theory on the Gogoat riding. It's a special taxi service in the city. They cannot leave the city as they do not service the surrounding areas, and you do not need your own Gogoat. Similarly, you do not ride your own Gogoat.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Same city, yes.

I'd like another female professor. We've already had four guys in a row, I wouldn't mind another woman.

As LycaNinja said, from the details given on the official site, it has been confirmed that we'll be able to customize more than just our hair, eye color, and skin color. We'll be able to pick up new outfits and accessories along the way. You can check it out here.
Didn't notice the words under the pictures until now, well in that case I hope to see a demonstration of the different outfits and how we can change them during the story.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I have a theory on the Gogoat riding. It's a special taxi service in the city. They cannot leave the city as they do not service the surrounding areas, and you do not need your own Gogoat. Similarly, you do not ride your own Gogoat.

Cyclone

That's why the Gogoat you ride wears the banner that appears in the video footage of the city (that Gogoat in-battle do not have). Also, in the concept art of the male protagonist riding a Gogoat, you can see that, on the left, instead of a bus stop, it's a Gogoat Stop xD

While it would be disappointing to only be able to ride Gogoat, it kind of makes sense. There really isn't much winning in this topic, to be honest. Gogoat is the Riding Pokémon. If there were others you could ride, it would end up like Amity Square: "Why can't I bring my Mudkip? It's cute!" Maybe you could ride Rapidash and Arcanine (because let's face it, while you can Fly with foot-tall birds, you just can't ride 'em all), but then someone would be upset that you couldn't ride Rayquaza.

Guy

just a guy
Years
That's why the Gogoat you ride wears the banner that appears in the video footage of the city (that Gogoat in-battle do not have). Also, in the concept art of the male protagonist riding a Gogoat, you can see that, on the left, instead of a bus stop, it's a Gogoat Stop xD

While it would be disappointing to only be able to ride Gogoat, it kind of makes sense. There really isn't much winning in this topic, to be honest. Gogoat is the Riding Pokémon. If there were others you could ride, it would end up like Amity Square: "Why can't I bring my Mudkip? It's cute!" Maybe you could ride Rapidash and Arcanine (because let's face it, while you can Fly with foot-tall birds, you just can't ride 'em all), but then someone would be upset that you couldn't ride Rayquaza.
This begs the question, what about Lapras? It's known as the Transport Pokémon similar to how Gogoat is the Riding Pokémon. Does this mean there might be a Lapras service to surf instead of using an HM?

blue

gucci
Years
Well Lapras is the transport Pokemon, so replacing HM surf with Lapras would be fitting into the whole riding Gogoat transport system.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I would love to see a Lapras transport system between areas. It would be nice for crossing rivers in the region, and they could then use more of them. The main water areas thus remain off-limits until you have Surf.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
Lapras for surf is cool.
Wt about hm2 fly?
Can we rely on drifblim for air route services?

This is shaping up to be a great system, having Drifblim as an Air Balloon transport, Riding Lapras across waters, Riding Gogoat through towns. I think having something like this would be a great change as opposed to having the same set of HMS.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I like the ability of a town transport service. However, the Drifblim service would have to be restricted to each town going to certain areas. Fly could be reinvented to allow you to fly virtually anywhere.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Replacing HM's with Pokemon is a nice idea. You don't need HM Slaves anymore and you don't have to look for a move deleter to get rid of those annoying moves. I'd rather see Dragonite as the flyer instead of Drifblim just like in Ranger.
And more obstacles in the games would be a better way to get to a certain area.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I think you're right. Just doing a quick google search, Pine did come up as one of the common trees in Northern France. They also had Hawthorne and Chestnut listed and Olive as a popular tree in Southern France. Professor Olive sounds nice.
Hawthorne? Am I the only one that loves the sound of Professor Hawthorne? That'd be a sweet professor name if you ask me.

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
I just hope that GameFreak makes it impossible to get the alternate MewTwo form before this Dark-type gym if they include it, though.
They probably will make only unobtainable until late game or even post-game which kinda sucks :/ but it make sense

blue

gucci
Years
Aren't legendaries usaully held off to near the end of the game? Besides, it's not mandatory to use them which is why I usually box them.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
From that Pokemon Smash! episode I'm guessing we still have a grid lock system, but with diagonal movements, except in Luminose City and maybe a few other places, where we have free roam movement.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I just hope that GameFreak makes it impossible to get the alternate MewTwo form before this Dark-type gym if they include it, though.

Since its most likely a transfer to new game, we won't get Mewtwo on the games until post game since transfer is unlocked after the main story. If Mewtwo is downloadable on X and Y on release, shouldn't matter at all if its form change is location, Item, or attack locked. As it was said you don't have to use it and even if you did Mewtwo would most likely be lv 100 allowing you to destroy what ever gym you go up against.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Remember Mewtwo was in Cerulean City's post-E4? Yes. That.

Cyclone

In a cave... Isolated from others... All on its own...

SylIDPA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back