• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
how much would you pay for all art works of all booster packs ranging from base set, jungle, fossil and team rocket all 1st edition, and would you forecast that to increase over the years

So you mean that you have sealed booster packs with each of the different booster pack artworks? That sounds like a pretty niche collective sale market. I'd personally probably only pay the current market value for each individual booster pack, but that might change. Unopened boosters from those sets are likely to get even more scarce than they are, so value is pretty likely go up.

a few years ago my cousin gave me his Pokemon cards i was looking through and found a
Flying Pikachu #25 Lv. 12 black star promo
and was wondering if anyone knew how much it is worth.
I have tried checking sites but i have found 4 different prices.

Just a guess on my part based on what similar cards have gone for, but I'd guess that falls into the $3 to $5. Could be wrong, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
What are these worth?

Hey guys, ive found all my old pokemon cards and just curious as to what theyre worth..

Ive seen some sets selling for upwards of $1,000 even seen a set go for $5,000.

So if i could get a rough ballpark figure it would be greatly appreciated!

Im located in Sydney Australia.

I have these maybe 100 just loose random cards and whatnot.

Thanks guys!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
So you mean that you have sealed booster packs with each of the different booster pack artworks? That sounds like a pretty niche collective sale market. I'd personally probably only pay the current market value for each individual booster pack, but that might change. Unopened boosters from those sets are likely to get even more scarce than they are, so value is pretty likely go up.

Yes I have all art works 1st ed sealed from base to team rocket

Years
I have a 2007 Metagross EX non-holo misprint. what is this worth?

Gone ahead and moved this post to the appropriate place. I'm going to need more details than you've provided about the card, however.

Hey guys, ive found all my old pokemon cards and just curious as to what theyre worth..

Ive seen some sets selling for upwards of $1,000 even seen a set go for $5,000.

So if i could get a rough ballpark figure it would be greatly appreciated!

Im located in Sydney Australia.

I have these maybe 100 just loose random cards and whatnot.

Thanks guys!

I've moved this to the appropriate thread for this.

However, I'm going to need closer in pictures than that one. And I think I can safely say that what you've got there won't be going for anywhere near $1000 AUS. I'll need closer in pictures to give a better estimate. I also only give price estimates on 4 cards per person per pricing round (simply because it's such a tedious task in my opinion). Just a heads up.

Yes I have all art works 1st ed sealed from base to team rocket

How many different pieces of booster pack art are there from each of those sets? I'm not familiar at all with the booster pack art from the early sets. I was just 10 and didn't know a thing about collecting when the game debuted.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 4, 2014
It's from the EX Power Keepers set. number 95/108*. has the move Scanblast. Poke-POWER Magnetic Redraw. 150HP. Not sure what else you need.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
How many different pieces of booster pack art are there from each of those sets? I'm not familiar at all with the booster pack art from the early sets. I was just 10 and didn't know a thing about collecting when the game debuted.

Hi, there are 3 art works for the base set, Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur, and for Jungle there is also 3 types, and fossil 3 types and Team Rocket has 4 types, the 4th being a collection of the 3 art works all together and I think Base set 2 has 4 types of art work

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Hello all! This is my first post here. My wife and I enjoy playing a game of Pokemon TCG every now and then, and because of that I bought a collection of 1500 playing cards for about $70 on eBay to add to our growing collection of original base set Pokemon (we're very particular and only like the original 150 ones for playing with :P). To my surprise, I found about 500 First Edition French cards within the lot, and upon further inspection, I picked out about 9 Rare Cards from the entire lot. Sadly there were no Holo cards, or anything better than Rare, but I have a feeling I might be sitting on something at least worth more than what I paid originally for it.

As mentioned earlier, ALL of them are 1st Edition French Team Rocket cards. All of my cards are sadly non-holo, but I do still have a few rare ones. I also do believe these are all in extremely good condition as I see no visible signs of any damage at all (no scratches or folds, and even the edges are like new).

9 Rares (x/82):
(x1) #19. Arbok obscur - Rare (Dark Arbok)
(x1) #23. Triopikeur obscur - Rare (Dark Dugtrio)
(x2) #25. Léviator obscur - Rare (Dark Gyarados)
(x1) #31. Smogogo obscur - Rare (Dark Weezing)
(x3) #71. Et voila les Team Rocket ! - Rare (Here Comes Team Rocket!)
(x1) #80. Énergie multicolore - Rare (Rainbow Energy)

+104 Uncommon, +319 Common

Entire Set:
Spoiler:

I have, at minimum, enough cards to create 3 full Uncommon + Common sets of the 1st Edition French Team Rocket, plus anywhere from about 1 to 16 more of each of these same Uncommon and Common cards.

So, if anyone has a clue what the value of French cards are, in particular this entire set of cards I have, I'm very interested in knowing how much I might be able to fetch for these. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
Hey guys, just looking for estimates of the value of some of my cards. Thanks in advance for any help!

So, I believe my most valuable card is my holo dark raichu. Its number is 83/82 from rocket. Mint condition

Japanese holo jolteon. Lvl 29. Hp 70 in english. Spore/flower symbol for the set

Holo kangaskhan. I've read its a misprint because its holo? 5/64 spore/flower symbol set

Holo gyarados no set symbol, but does not say 1st. 6/102

Japanese trainer card from rocket deck. Has an evil professor oak looking character with a gengar & koffing

Another japanese trainer card with a scene of a weapon attacking city from rocket deck

I have more, but ill wait to get help for these before I post. Also I have some common cards that are japanese, does this make them any more valuable, or no?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
I have four Japanese pocket monster decks, three unopened, one opened, but the cards are not out of their plastic, not is the coin. Suspect they may be from generation 1, but not sure.

I have included pics of the decks in the attachments. Could you please help me figure out what they are and if they are worth anything?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
I have four Japanese pocket monster decks, three unopened, one opened, but the cards are not out of their plastic, not is the coin. Suspect they may be from generation 1, but not sure.

I have included pics of the decks in the attachments. Could you please help me figure out what they are and if they are worth anything?

Here are photos of the sides of the decks that show the copyright.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years

They're from the Gym challenge They're worth about 20$ Each.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
I have a mint condition version of this card. I'd like to know how much it's worth.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 2, 2014
Ok so yesterday i was brushing the dust off my old collection of pokemon cards when i happened to come upon a card that looked very weird. in my time of collecting (was till i was about 10) i purchased a few packs. i came upon this card. It is heavily miss-printed from what i can see. I did some research and the card is part bellosom and vaporeon? in my time i never traded. card is called "laporeon"

However i cant post a picture due to this link+post limit

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
I'm not really sure if there's a reason why my post was never replied to, but if anyone could help me out that would be awesome... thanks in advance. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
I have a collection of pokemon cards. Take note I have NO knowledge on the values of cards. I collected these cards when I was very young. I took pictures of about 79 of the cards that I think may have some value.

I understand that I am only supposed to post 4 cards at a time but that would take a while.

I am NOT interested in the value of each and every card. I understand that most (or all) of these cards will be worthless.I do know that I have a 1st edition french blastoise and a few other 1st edition trainers in a language other than Japanese or English.

I am only interested in the value of cards that are worth at least $20, so if you happen to see one, please inform me.

I have separated the albums into holographic and non-holographic.

Thanks for any help :)

Holographic:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123761657@N08/sets/72157644718347365/

Non-Holographic:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123761657@N08/sets/72157644303933067/

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Hello all,

Trying to figure out if my card is worth anything of value. Picture below.

1. Raichu
2. Base set
3. 14/102
4. Not first edition
5. Shadowless

If you look closely, you can see that the border has been printed incorrectly (about 1.5x larger on the left and bottom compared to the top and right, "80 HP" looks to be off center as well)

Don't have 15 posts yet so here's the link (remove space):

i1088.photobucket .com/albums/i340/hakileh/photo1.jpg

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Hello all,

Trying to figure out if my card is worth anything of value. Picture below.

1. Raichu
2. Base set
3. 14/102
4. Not first edition
5. Shadowless

If you look closely, you can see that the border has been printed incorrectly (about 1.5x larger on the left and bottom compared to the top and right, "80 HP" looks to be off center as well)

Don't have 15 posts yet so here's the link (remove space):

i1088.photobucket .com/albums/i340/hakileh/photo1.jpg

It is worth in the 3$ to 5$ range.

hope this helps :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Just wondering how much these cards are worth.

Professor Juniper Full Art Miscut
Spoiler:

Dialga Lv. X
Spoiler:

Registeel Ex
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back