• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHAT level did you say it evolves at!?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
You have to realize they didn't just put higher levels but actually changed how leveling works...
Look, you get a ****load of exp from defeating pokemon with higher levels compared to what you are leveling.
That means everything can catch up, to the level you are encountering atm, hell of a lot easier than in the previous games.
And THAT is the reason all those pokemon have so high requirements. It was the only way of keeping evolving a pseudolegend a tougher task.

Um, no.

No matter how many stats you bring up, it's still ridiculously difficult to evolve a Pokemon that evolves at Lv64. In fact, I found it more difficult to evolve my Hydreigon in white version than evolving my Tyranitar in Heart Gold.

By the way, I still had just as tough a time evolving my Dragonair and Pupitar in B/W. I found it no less difficult, considering I actually care about good stats and didn't just spam Audino+Lucky Egg.

And Gardevoir is fine just the way it is. If you simply play through R/S/E with one of them (considering that those were the games the Pokemon were intended for), it will probably evolve around Fortree city (at least if you're training a moderately full team equally). And when it evolves, it won't be overpowered at all. Mine certainly wasn't, it got destroyed by half the enemies it faced.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
idk, leveling in general felt easier to me.. and the lucky egg and audinos only added to it.

What weirds me out with Deino is actually more the first time it evolves being 50.. the later one being 64 is more like something pseudolegends would have started approaching in a few more gens anyway. It feels so weird that its a Zweilous for just 14 levels after taking 50. Of course Im not saying it should evolve even later into Hydreigon..just much earlier into Zweilous ._.

And Gardevoir is fine just the way it is. If you simply play through R/S/E with one of them (considering that those were the games the Pokemon were intended for), it will probably evolve around Fortree city (at least if you're training a moderately full team equally). And when it evolves, it won't be overpowered at all. Mine certainly wasn't, it got destroyed by half the enemies it faced.

How does that relate to what I said?
EDIT: Actually nvm idc.

Red99

World Champion
Years
I know this comment is kind of out of place, but I think the Dratini line should evolve at slightly lower levels, especially since they're hard enough to get in the first place. Also, to some people new to pokemon, the number of pokemon who evolve at such high levels could frustrate them. I think all pokemon should be fully evolved before level 50, rather than the late 50's, or 60's. Evolving at level 70 would just be outrageous.

blue

gucci
Years
Considering Slaking has a base stat total of 670 and Slakoth can be acquired so early in the game, I definitely think a Level 36 evolution is waay too early. That means you could have a Pokemon with higher stats than the majority of legendaries by the 4th gym, if anything Vigoroth should evolve to Slaking at atleast Level 55.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
How does that relate to what I said?
EDIT: Actually nvm idc.

You were prattling on about how you thought that the Ralts line was overpowered at the point you got it.

If you want to whine about an overpowered Pokemon early on, then whine about Sigilyph, that's much more of a problem.

Considering Slaking has a base stat total of 670 and Slakoth can be acquired so early in the game, I definitely think a Level 36 evolution is waay too early. That means you could have a Pokemon with higher stats than the majority of legendaries by the 4th gym, if anything Vigoroth should evolve to Slaking at atleast Level 55.

Truant. 'Nuff said.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Took about three days to get my Deino to level 64 to have it evolve into Hydreigon on Black. Took 3 weeks to get my Bagon, Dratini, and Larvitar to their final forms in Soul Silver. They all got about 2 hours of straight grinding each. I tend to level for a certain time limit. All four had Lucky Egg on.

The EXP Modifier and Audino spam helped Deino level really fast.

I kinda agree that some of the older Pokemon should have their levels scaled back, but I remember people making the same complaints about Dratini in the days of Red/Blue/Silver/Gold because it was one of the hardest to train.

Still to this date I have never gotten any of my Pokemon over level 80 outside of Pokemon Black and White and I still have my original Soul Silver and Pearl intact and return to train what team I have on them for about three or four hours when I'm bored enough to do so.

Just for future games if they keep the EXP scaling I wish they would be able to re-scale the levels in which some evolve. Since its set in stone, they really can't though.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I think they could've of cooled down a bit with Deino. Lv. 50 JUST to get to 2nd evo? Pretty outrageous. But I found it pretty easy to level up from there.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
You were prattling on about how you thought that the Ralts line was overpowered at the point you got it.

If you want to whine about an overpowered Pokemon early on, then whine about Sigilyph, that's much more of a problem.

I never said anything along those lines though..

All I was saying is how Kirlia has way too ridiculously low stats for being the middle stage of that line.

Back