• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wonder Trading

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In Pokémon X and Y, we have seen introduction to a new feature known as Wonder Trade.

When it comes to Wonder Trading, we're permitted to put any Pokémon we like onto GTS, and afterward, the system would randomly begin to search for some for us to trade with. If we're lucky, we sometimes get something nifty in return, and if we're not, then, well, we might have to hope for better luck next time

What are our overall thoughts on this feature? How many Wonder Trades in total have we done thus far? What would be the most valuable Pokémon we have managed to get off the system? Have we ever found ourselves running into something hacked, and if so, what were they? Do we still have them, or have we traded them back?

Years
I did several Wonder Trades back when XY were new, but the feature soured on me when all I would proceed to get were anonymous stuff like the first route mons and random things without any 31 IVs. I refuse to do any Wonder Trades anymore, unless I do a Wonderlocke.

But while i'm here, I think the most valuable thing I got off of Wonder Trade was an HA Absol with 4 31 IVs and four Egg moves, three of them being Play Rough, Baton Pass and Megahorn. It was a nice find, and thankfully I never got anything hacked, at least not to my recollection.

HawksFan97

I'm Still Alive!
Years
I did a few wonder trades here and there in X. I wanted to trade and see what other people's pokemon had (in terms of Level, Stats, and Moves). Very early into the game i put one of my weak pokemon into the WT bank (whatever it's called), and got a JPN Trapinch at level 27. This was perfect because i pretty much swept everyone. Another WT I got was Blaziken at level 32 (again, Very early into the game). So with the Trapinch and the Blaziken, I blew everyone from Lumiose City to Anistar City. Yeah i had a great time with Wonder Trading!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Wonder Trading is a nifty way to collect Trainer IDs for the most part. Sometimes I trade a shiny Pokemon just for kicks (I booted a Shiny Vaporeon) and imagine the looks on their faces.

For the most part, I almost always throw on an item that might be rare or pricey, but just getting the Trainer ID numbers have pretty much given me a PP up everyday and a PP Max about every week on average. The more numbers I collect, the more chances of getting something good. Although, I do hate it when I get a rare candy instead. Don't ask me why, I just don't appreciate them like I used to.

So, keep on Wonder Trading guys. It's a great way to collect those numbers and perhaps make someone's day or get rid of those rare Pokemon that you've been breeding that you don't want or have space for. Put items through, and hopefully more people will do the same.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
I like it but I only use it to get rid of Pokemon that had the wrong nature/gender I didn't want when I was breeding. I get some Japanese Pokemon a lot to use for the Masuda Method if I ever feel like it.
My best trade was getting a Kyrem with pokerus (think he was shiny too but I'm too lazy to check right now). It was most likely hacked but it was still a shock to get and I still have it. Other than that I always get the weak Pokemon found early in game but I really don't mind. I just trade it right on back until I get something that's good enough.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I'm addicted to Wonder Trade .-. When I discovered the feature, I spent over 2 hours trading away. I really love getting Japanese pokemon for some reason. I usually keep those.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 21, 2015
I love WTing! Since I recently got a Powersaves, I like to clone legendaries and send them out and imagine some little kids reaction when it comes through lol

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
When I started using wt I got all the kanto,johto,hoenn,sinnoh unova and kalos starters
Through that then I got unexpected a shiny turtwig but I traded away for a shiny absol .ggot a lot of zigzagoons ,poochyenas wurmples (btw I don't own OR or AS)for me they were rare exept zigzagoon japenese pokemon I seem to like it a lot cause I bred a jpn mawile with thunderfang after 8 eggs still no shiny am I doing something wrong or what?

JVS

The very best.
Years
I think that the wonder trade is awesome. The premiss of sending something and not knowing what will come, I think it is just fascinating. The fact that you cand send anything and get everything in return! It's not about the shitty pokemon that you receive, it's about the essence of it. I got legends on wonder trade, other people got shinies. It's not equal to everyone. I think it is great.

Back