• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Planned SoulSilver Team

Years
Ok, this is my planned in-game team for the Gender Discrimination Challenge that I'm doing SoulSilver. Because I'm doing the gender discrimination challenge, my options for the team are severely limited, in fact here are the options that I cn choose from:

Spoiler:

So if you guys have any suggestions on how to improve my team, please one use of the above Pokèmon please. I'm not very good at making movesets, so any help there would be greatly appreciated.

160.gif
Feraligatr
Quirky Nature
~ Ice Fang
~ Waterfall / Surf
~ Slash
~ Crunch

064.gif
Kadabra
Timid Nature
~ Psychic
~ Signal Beam / Grass Knot
~ Focus Blast
~ Trick / Shadow Ball / Grass Knot

034.gif
Nidoking
Rash Nature
~ Earth Power / Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Superpower / Shadow Ball / Taunt

126.gif
Magmar
Naive / Hasty Nature
~ Fire Blast / Overheat
~ Thunderbolt
~ Focus Blast
~Toxic

067.gif
Machoke
Adamant Nature
~ DynamicPunch
~ Payback / Rock Slide
~ Bullet Punch
~ Protect

I need a sixth team member. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Those guys look good. When playing ingame and online, remember a pokemon's most powerful attacks are those that benefit from STAB (same type attack bonus --> water type pokemon does more damage with a water type move)
as well as SpAttack Vs Attack stats. --> If a pokemon's SPAttack is higher than its Attack, then you want to error on the side of picking special type attacks (not direct contact hits), and pysical type attacks when Attack stat is higher.

I hope that makes sense. If it does, that will really help you in picking movesets.

As for a 6th pokemon, I would throw in a dragon type. From your list (which i just skimmed, so i may have missed one) i would pick Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite. It throws a very difficult pokemon to beat into your party and adds some speed with a high Attack stat. You can find the Dratini in the Dragons Den while surfing. Good Luck

Regards, Chris

Hey Its Chris again. I just remembered that there is a way for you to get a better Dratini ingame.

Once you beat the 8th gym, go into Dragons Den and proceed to the house where the elders will quiz you. If you answer his questions with these answers, he will give you a Dratini with ExtremeSpeed, a very handy move.

These are the answers to the questions:
What are Pokemon to you?
Friend or Ally (either works)
What helps you to win battles?
Strategy
What kind of Trainer do you wish to battle?
Strong
What is most important for raising Pokemon?
Love
Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. Which is more important?
Both
(marriland.com)
Fairly intuitive right? That should get you off to a good start while raising your dragon type. Good Luck

Regards, Chris

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the advice QuickSilveri. I'm definitely going with Dragonite, I raised one back in Yellow and it was really awesome. I usually don't pay attention to whether an attack is physical or special, but I'm definately going to start to pay more attention.

Back