• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heat Seekers (Fire Deck)

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Okay, so I got into playing and collecting again recently, you can blame my lil' sister for that. XD She's the only one I play against, and because we usually have single-typed decks, we play without weakness and resistance.

Anyway, here are the cards:

Pokemon:
1 Victini (Noble Victories)
2 Audino (Emerging Powers)
1 Druddigon (Noble Victories)
1 Heatmor (Noble Victories)

2 Ponyta (Arceus)
1 Ponyta (Arceus)
1 Ponyta (Diamond & Pearl)
1 Rapidash (Arceus)
1 Rapidash (Arceus)

2 Larvesta (Noble Victories)
1 Larvesta (Noble Victories)
1 Volcorona (Noble Victories)

1 Slugma (Ex Deoxys)
2 Slugma (Undaunted)
1 Magcargo (Undaunted)

Total Pokemon: 19

Trainers:
3 Professor Oak's new theory
1 Professor Oak's research
4 Pokemon Communication
1 Pokemon Collector
2 Interviewers questions
1 Full Flame
2 Lucky Egg
1 Eviolite
1 Energy Removal (the old one)
1 Celio's Network
1 Professor Elm's training method
1 Potion
1 MooMoo Milk
1 Town Volunteers (Good luck charm, don't ask XD)
Total Trainers: 21

Energies:
12 Fire energy
02 Double Colorless Energy
02 Rescue Energy
01 Upper Energy
01 Cyclone Energy
01 Warp Energy
01 Multi Energy

Total Energies: 20

Strategy:

Volcarona & Victini are my main attackers, so I always try to get them as fast as I can. Ponyta can use ascension to evolve into Rapidash instantly, which can come in incredibly handy because it doesn't have any retreat cost.
Audino can also be powerful, given enough energies, plus some extras healing support doesn't hurt. Heatmor is there for extra burn support, and Druddigon is fairly bulky. Pokemon collector is amazing, too bad I only have one of it.

I was thinking about switching the Slugmas and Magcargos for the fire-typed Delta Ekans and Arbok, but I only have two of the Ekans.

EDIT: Oh please note, I don't have many other decent trainers. Maybe I can put in a rare candy, but eh...

Please comment/rate. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
If you wanted to make your and your sister's deck faster, more efficient, and more powerful, you should look through your cards to find strong cards that you have more than two of and then build a deck around the card or its type. Rapidash is the closest Pokemon you have to those guidelines at the moment. From a competitive perspective, the better Rapidash that you own is the one with 90 HP with the Burn attack for one energy and the 40 damage attack for two. It is a very fast card, and when combined with Full Flame, its first attack can become a big pain. If you combine that Rapidash with trainers that heal it or return it to your hand, you can make a very focused, fast, and strong deck.

You could also try getting more copies of any of the other cards in your deck. The Victini with V-Create can be very fun to play if you play a deck that fills up its bench very quickly with cards like Pokemon Collector, Dual Ball, Quick Ball, Level Ball, and other trainer or supporter cards that get a lot of basic Pokemon out quickly. The Audino works well with the Victini that lets you reflip coins because it allows you to statistically increase the damage of its first attack. Any cards that attack extra energy to your Pokemon would work well with the Audino. The Druddigon is fun to play with healing cards while having a Rocky Helmet or Eviolite attached to it. Lastly, the Magcargo is great in a deck that uses four of itself, four Slugma from Undaunted, no other Pokemon, around 20 Fire energy, and Stark Mountain. Some of those decks might be hard for you to build because of the stretch you have to make to get the cards, but since I don't know your collection, these are all ideas you can try out if you have the right cards.

When it comes to deck-building, having a focus is key. Knowing what you are trying to build makes your deck all the more effective when you try to play it because it lets your deck work well during each and every game and leaves less of figuring out what you should do during your turns to guess work. I hope this is the kind of advice you are looking for, and have fun playing!

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Thanks, but I really wouldn't know what cards to remove my deck. I don't spend much money on the cards, as I only buy around 1 booster pack per month.

I don't get how the Magcargo only deck will be able to work, having only 4 basic Pokemon in your deck puts you at a terrible disadvantage, wouldn't you say? Won't you get defeated before you even have a chance to set up?
Any cards that attack extra energy to your Pokemon would work well with the Audino.
Could you name a few of those cards?

Other noteworthy Pokemon I have, and consider using are:
Charizard from Undaunted
Typhlosion from Unseen Forces (Got a small army of these XD)
Arbok from Dragon Frontier
Arcanine from the Plusle & Minum starter kit.

Years
I... am confused about which Charizard you have. I'm pretty sure there was no Charizard in HS Undaunted... unless you mean the one from Stormfront? (I'm pretty sure that's the one that has the Fire Formation Poke-Body).

And I think FurretFTW!!1! meant "attach", not attack, and recent cards that come to mind for the Fire type include Typhlosion prime from HGSS and the Emboar with the Inferno Fandango ability from Black & White. I think Blaziken FB or Blaziken FB Lv. X is another, but I'm just going strictly off of memory here.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
If you go to leagues, then you can trade for cards there. I recommend you focus on trainer cards when you trade, and try to trade for easy-to-get cards that you can get multiples of.

The Magcargo deck was a deck a friend of mine built during a very fast format in the TCG, and it performed very well against all sorts of decks. It is very easy to swarm Slugma and Magcargo with a good set of trainers. It is fast deck itself, as well.

Pokemon that attach extra energy per turn are:
Typhlosion Prime HeartGold & SoulSilver
Typhlosion Mysterious Treasures
Emboar Black & White
Eelektrik Noble Victories
Celebi Prime Triumphant
Blastoise Secret Wonders
Electrode Prime Triumphant

There are also attacks that do that, but Pokemon with Abilities and Poke-Powers work best for the job of attaching extra energy.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Other than the Eelektrik, I don't have any of those Pokemon. And there isn't a league around here... -.-

And yeah Don, I meant the one with the fire formation ability. Oops XD

Years
Well, Eelektrik obviously won't work for energy attachment.

I do think there's a league near you that you're just not aware of. Using the league locator on the US site, I was able to find one in The Hague called "Murkrow Mob", and using the website they provided, I was able to find a site about Organized Play leagues hosted in and around the Netherlands: http://www.pokemon-organizedplay.nl/html/NL/pokemonligasNL.html#Den Haag

That Charizard is very fun to play with, actually. If you can get your hands on one or 2 more you can use it as the focus of a fire deck.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Ah, thanks for that Don, last time I checked for a league was before the Gen IV cards were released, I guess I'll drop by on of these days. XD

Years
So I was reading through trying to absorb some knowledge and came across the phrase "Using the league locator on the US site," can you tell me where to find this and how to use it so I can find stuff in my own area? I have lot's of cards I don't really want and it would be great if I can trade some of these away and start a fire themed deck based around Typholsion.

Back