• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Seasons + Day and Night in Pokemon X & Y

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
When I first heard about seasons, I figured it'd have them in real time like day and night. Kinda disappointed they weren't, so I don't really care about them unless they get changed. Day/night more important.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I wished they'd actually follow Real-time seasons for your country, etc. It kinda bummed me out when Black said it was Winter during a summer month :|

Guy

just a guy
Years
I actually prefer the month-to-month change in seasons. If they fixed it to match real time, then that would mean if some is searching for a Pokémon most commonly found in winter during the summer season, then that would mean they'd have to wait till practically the end of the year just to make finding that Pokémon easier ─ unless they found someone to trade with.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
If anything, they should make a season last only a week. Let's say its spring and you want winter. You'd have to wait 90 days for it. I won't be even playing the game by that time. Imagine having to wait 90 days just for ONE month to pass. That would be pretty bad and people would hate the game. I think that 7-day system would be the best.

They kept the Day/Night system in Gen V, so I see no reason for them not to have it in Gen VI. Unless you mean Day/Night as in GSC, where different Pokemon appear during the day and evenings. That's a cool feat of course, but it's still frustrating if you can't play during the day/evening and miss out some Pokemon.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I'm sure that GameFreak will put Seasons and a Day and Night system on the games just like they did in Generation V, but I do like the idea. I hope they'll show us the morning and evening skies too, as well as the weather effects in between. I'm excited about seeing what they'll look like when its all put together. :)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hopefully the Day and Night system in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will have the light change colour slowly, rather than an instant fade of a colour as in Black and White Versions. I would much prefer the Day and Night system to have a similar kind of style as what the Animal Crossing games had.

And wouldn't it be interesting to see the sunset or sunrise in the background during the morning or evening? That would be something I would love to see. ^^

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I never understood why the Day/Night cycle in Gen V was partially removed :(
Yes, Day/Night cycele still work. If you leveled up Eevee with max happiness in 20:00PM, it still evolved to Umbreon. But, the in-game doesn;t even feel night at all. There is no more Pokemon that would appear onky at night. So stale and boring.

It never crossed out in my mind that Seasonal Cycle would disturb it unless GF programmers are really bad they can't make something that have different time hold working together. If they thought that catching night-only Pokemon is such a hassle, how about Vaniluxe and other that only appear out in Winter? Remind you that season changes once a month in a cycle compared to 12 hours cycle of day/night.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I never understood why the Day/Night cycle in Gen V was partially removed :(
Yes, Day/Night cycele still work. If you leveled up Eevee with max happiness in 20:00PM, it still evolved to Umbreon. But, the in-game doesn;t even feel night at all. There is no more Pokemon that would appear onky at night. So stale and boring.

It never crossed out in my mind that Seasonal Cycle would disturb it unless GF programmers are really bad they can't make something that have different time hold working together. If they thought that catching night-only Pokemon is such a hassle, how about Vaniluxe and other that only appear out in Winter? Remind you that season changes once a month in a cycle compared to 12 hours cycle of day/night.

Oh also with the night, not feeling like night... it should seem darker, and things should change rather than just lighting and lamps etc. Everything needs to be lit up, and for things to be found in harder places at night than during the day imo.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Oh also with the night, not feeling like night... it should seem darker, and things should change rather than just lighting and lamps etc. Everything needs to be lit up, and for things to be found in harder places at night than during the day imo.

It not even like dusk at all
it just lik day with cloudy weather >__>

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I don't see why they would remove the day and night feature? It has been in every pokemon game on DS and I dont see why they would stop with it now? I mean sure they may remove the season feature since its 3D and everything but I'm 99% sure they will include the day and night feature and 30% that they will include the seasons feature. It would still look badass if they had the seasons feature in X and Y :D

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Seeing as so many Pokémon's evolutions depend on the Day-and-Night system, it'd be pretty stupid of GF to exclude it. Although, they've done it the past with Gen III. >.>

As for the seasons, I'd like to see them return. Deerling's forms are heavily dependent on the seasons, so I don't see that system being completely done away with. Perhaps they could improve the system with random weather corresponding to each season; high winds, down pours, blizzards, droughts, sandstorms, fog, cloudy, and clear skies.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Well obviously they'll include it, the real question is how they'll improve on it, as someone above said, an actual transition between day and night instead of an instant change would be nice, and heck, it would be cool to watch the sunrise and sunset in certain areas, as for the seasons, more effects on the overworld, maybe during summer, vines can drop from trees to allow you to swing across gaps, we saw that could be done in the trailer with that (gym?) puzzle.

Back