• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team good enough for Diamond's Elite Four?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Ok, so I'm up facing the Elite Four in Diamond, and I wanna know around what level my team will be good enough to face them, and which moveset should I change from them. Here they are, with the levels, and the movesets.
Any tips would be fully appreciated, just don't hate on my Pokemon, I love them and they got feelings and so do I :(

Mr.Mime, level 43
Moveset:
Substitute
Recycle
Trick
Psychic

Dialga, level 52
Moveset:
Flash Cannon
AncientPower
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time

Rapidash, level 47
Moveset:
Fire Blast
Tail Whip
Ember
Megahorn

Empoleon, level 53
Moveset:
Drill Peck
Surf
Rock Smash
Steel Wing

Machoke, level 44
Moveset:
Rock Climb
Focus Energy
Strength
Revenge

Luxray, level 56
Moveset:
Swagger
Leer
Discharge
Crunch

Last edited:

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
for your dialga, i recommend changing at least one move to a weaker move with a high PP, just to keep from running out of attacks.

Years
It would be a very good idea to level up Mr.Mime, Rapidash and Machoke. Trust me you do NOT want underpowered pokemon in your team, it makes it WAY too hard. My party consist of a water, a fire, a grass, a flying, and 2 freebees (usually an electric and something else)

Years
for your dialga, i recommend changing at least one move to a weaker move with a high PP, just to keep from running out of attacks.
That's actually a pretty good idea!

Besides that, just level up your pokes, and make sure you have a good amount of hyper potions and revives, and you should be good :3

Oh and don't forgot your handy dandy thinkingbattling cap!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Thanks guys!
I'm currently leveling them up on Victory road, but it's really long. Do you guys have any other places where I could grind faster?

Years
If you can, I would also reccomend giving Mr. Mime a more diverse moveset.
Also try to get an Ice type move somewhere on your team for Cynthia's Garchomp. I recommend replacing Rock Smash on Empoleon with either Ice Beam or Blizzard

Zeyon

Beginning Trainer
Years
Thanks guys!
I'm currently leveling them up on Victory road, but it's really long. Do you guys have any other places where I could grind faster?

Actually, on Route 222 over by the Valor Lakefront on the Beach, there's a Fisherman Trainer. At your point, he will have one Magikarp and one Gyarados. You're focus is the Gyarados; it offers a substantial amount of Experience, and it's not difficult to take out. With my Palkia in Pearl, I was one-shotting him with Spatial Rend. I would assume Roar of Time is Dialga's comparable move. I also got rid of my Palkia's AncientPower move as soon as I got something else. I believe I replaced it with Slash, it's a Normal move with 20/20 PP.

Now, the trick with this Fisherman.. Dialga and a strong Electric Type will likely be able to One-Shot this Gyarados.. Give whoever is in the lead a Lucky Egg, and get them to roughly 55, then switch out to your next one. If you're having difficulty with the Gyarados, opt for keeping a stronger Pokemon in (Dialga or your Electric), and give the one you wish to work on the Exp. Share. This battle is extremely easy, and yields a considerable amount of experience for minimal effort. And, you can run right over to the Lakefront Hotel and restore your Pokemon.

This tactic employs the Vs. Seeker, so running over to restore PP/Heal Pokemon works out well. Hell, with the layout of 222 and the Hotel being there, it's almost like this was expected to be used for this purpose. Now, the Fisherman you're looking for is Fisherman Alec. He's located closer to Valor Lakefront. Easy way to get to him; Fly to Pastoria City, run back to Valor Lakefront, and head over to Route 222, like you're heading to Sunnyshore City. As soon as you get on Route 222, you'll see a large patch of grass above you, with a Rich Boy Trainer. Descend the nearby stairs, and the /first/ Fisherman you see if your target. Fight him, and just keep using Vs. Seeker on him.

Once you get to the point where the Experience Yield is turning to crap, then venture back to Victory Road. Your team will be substantially stronger, and it won't seem as long or tedious to train them there. I employed the above mentioned tactic, and got my group to an average level of 57, and have no problems wiping the Elite Four and the Champion. In an hours time, with this tactic, I generated over 140k experience among my battle team; that's a pretty nice turn out. After you beat the Elite Four and the Champion, this same tactic can be used if you wish to take your Pokemon to Level 100, because the Fisherman now has two level 53 Gyarados, that with a Lucky Egg and Boosted Experience from Trading? Yields over 5500 XP per Gyarados.

I hope this tactic helps you out! If you have any questions, drop me a line. :)

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I finally beat the E4 after tons of training! Thanks for the tips guys, they helped me alot! I actually had to use lots of revives and hyper potions tho x3

Zeyon

Beginning Trainer
Years
I finally beat the E4 after tons of training! Thanks for the tips guys, they helped me alot! I actually had to use lots of revives and hyper potions tho x3

Yeah, they're insanely tough, and have powerful movesets. Only way to really roll them without any care of concern, is getting a team up in the mid 70's to 80's. At that point, you can just wipe the floor with them.

Now that you've beaten the Elite Four, the Trainer I mentioned; the Fisherman, now has two Gyarados sitting at level 53. EASY for Experience Farming--toss on a Lucky Egg to your lead, and the Exp. Share to a low level if you want them getting up, as well as gaining some of the EVs--each Gyarados, without Exp. Share, yields 3900xp with the Lucky Egg being held by your lead. It splits it to half with the Exp. Share being held by another 'mon.

Back