• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first competitive team (Halp!)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
I just finished EV training my 5 Pokemon (Still looking for a 6th) and it took a lot of time getting (close to) perfect IVs and EV training, so needless to say I'm very proud of my progress and would like some feedback. I have all the best Hold Items for Competitive but I'm not sure who should hold which so I'd also like some ideas for that please. I will post the IV's and EV's but the movesets are currently incomplete so any ideas on that as well would be great. 3 of these 5 know Dragon Dance (currently) because I effing love DD. That will change. So here we go:

Haxorus @???
Adamant
Mold Breaker
IVs: 31HP - 31ATK - 31DEF - ?SP.ATK - 31SP.DEF - 31SPD
EVs: 252ATK - 252SPD - 4HP
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Poison Jab
Swords Dance (Obviously needs to go)

Tyranitar @???
Adamant
Sandstream
IVs: ?HP - 31ATK - 31DEF - 31SP.ATK - 31SP.DEF - 31SPD
EVs: 252ATK - 252HP - 4DEF
Dragon Dance (Thinking one of the elemental fangs instead, I have plenty of Heart Scales)
Stone Edge
Crunch
Earthquake

Dragonite @Leftovers
Adamant
Multiscale
IVs: 31HP - ?ATK - 31DEF - 31SP.ATK - 31SP.DEF - 31SPD
EVs: 252ATK - 252SPD - 4HP
Roost
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Dragon Claw

Greninja @Life Orb?
Timid
Protean
IVs: ?HP - 31ATK - 31DEF- 31SP.ATK - 31SP.DEF - 31SPD
EVs: 252SP.ATK - 252SPD - 4HP
Surf
Ice Beam
Spikes
Extrasensory

Gengar @Gengarite
Timid
Shadow Tag
IVs: 31HP - 31ATK - ?DEF - 31SP.ATK - 31SP.DEF - 31SPD
EVs: 252SP.ATK - 252SPD - 4HP
Hypnosis (May replace with who knows what)
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Like I said, still deciding on a 6th one. I was thinking of Ferrothorn because I need a decent wall of some sort. Each Poke has at least 5 perfect IV's which I thought was good enough. I've never had Pokemon with this good of IVs and I've never EV trained before so I'm really stoked to finally get into competitive battling. Anyway I would absolutely love any feedback you guys have that would help improve my first comp team. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this if you did and sorry it's so long i'm just really excited for it. Thanks in advance guys.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Gengarite is banned in OU and as thus so is mega Gengar. Use either Will-o-Wisp or Taunt over Hypnosis. With a Life Orb or Black Sludge.

Use Earthquake on Haxorus over DD or SD so you arent pooped on by steels. Lum Berry or Life Orb.

Tyranitar wants its Mega Stone.

Dragonite wants weakness policy. Thought imo its quite outclassed anyway. Extremespeed is an option over Roost to revenge kill frail stuff and let you bypass fast scarfers and revenge killers.

Ninja is fine, but be aware he make also be banned soon. Life Orb or Sash or Expert Belt.

Also itd get a better answet to fairies because 4/6 are hit super effectively by them and Gengar is frail as hell so that wont fly. Id replace something for a steel so you dont compound said weakness.

This team is also at risk from being swept by anything if it gets a stat boost. Id say get an insurance policy. Scarf Ditto with Imposter might work well on this team.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Gengarite is banned in OU and as thus so is mega Gengar. Use either Will-o-Wisp or Taunt over Hypnosis. With a Life Orb or Black Sludge.

Use Earthquake on Haxorus over DD or SD so you arent pooped on by steels. Lum Berry or Life Orb.

Tyranitar wants its Mega Stone.

Dragonite wants weakness policy. Thought imo its quite outclassed anyway. Extremespeed is an option over Roost to revenge kill frail stuff and let you bypass fast scarfers and revenge killers.

Ninja is fine, but be aware he make also be banned soon. Life Orb or Sash or Expert Belt.

Also itd get a better answet to fairies because 4/6 are hit super effectively by them and Gengar is frail as hell so that wont fly. Id replace something for a steel so you dont compound said weakness.

This team is also at risk from being swept by anything if it gets a stat boost. Id say get an insurance policy. Scarf Ditto with Imposter might work well on this team.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Ditto is not a bad idea. Might also replace someone with Ferrothorn. Greninja techincally is not weak to Fairy because he will be losing his Dark typing. I'm still using Mega Gengar because he's only banned in Smogon and I will mostly be battling friends (who have very well put together teams as well) and random people on the PSS. I thought about Brick Break instead of Poison Jab for Haxorus. Already replaced SD with EQ. Although I REALLY do like the idea of Mega Tyranitar so I may take your advice. Not sure what these policy things are that you've mentioned. I've seen them around but not sure what they do. Also for Gengar I replaced Hypnosis with Energy Ball for Ground types after it loses Levitate but Will-O-Wisp sounds good too. If I were to replace a member of this team for Ferrothorn who should I pick? Also thought about Talonflame. The main reason I don't care about banned Pokes is because people run mad legendaries and I HATE the idea of using Legends so it seems fair to me. Just my opinion. I do appreciate your advice though and will for sure take the vast majority of it into account. If there's any other concerns I would love to know about them.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
You'll wanna keep Poison Jab on Haxorus. Earthquake isn't really enough for Fairies, while Poison Jab mauls most of them, and having to switch Haxorus out and lose its boosts every time a Fairy shows up kinda sucks.

Imo Energy Ball's not really worth it on Mega Gengar since you're not really gonna wanna keep it in on Ground types anyway and a lot of non-Ground Pokemon carry Earthquake/Earth Power as coverage, some which even resist Energy Ball.

Weakness Policy (that's what you're asking about right?) is a new item that boosts the holder's Attack and Sp.Attack by two stages when hit by an attack that does super-effective damage. It works fairly well on Dragonite because of Multiscale+Dragon Dance.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Dude, Weakness policy sounds like the kittens whiskers. Where can I obtain it? Also I'm so torn between Roost and Extremespeed for Dragonite. I have Roost mostly to stay at Full HP for Multiscale but ES is pretty useful. The only reason i don't keep it at the moment is because of it's Normal typing.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The only place you can get Weakness Policy is from the BP shop inside the Battle Maison. As for whether to use Roost or Extreme Speed, it's up to you. Both are viable options, they just serve different purposes.

Back