• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my team plz

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Okay, so this is a team with a self imposed challenge. The challenge is to make these pokemon work together in a team and not breed for natures. I am not aloud to switch pokemon on this team, as they are already bred. The only pokemon that has an egg move is Candle with hypnosis. So, here is my team. (sorry about any miss spellings, i don't have autocorrect on this computer, but i tried to fix any i found)

Absol
Spoiler:

Mawile
Spoiler:

Ninetales

Spoiler:

emolga
Spoiler:

Gallade
Spoiler:

Sylveon
Spoiler:

I know i have two fairies, but fang is not weak to poison or steel.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
While this rate may break some of the challenge, some of your natures are unsuited for some of your Pokemon. Heck some of them are even outclassed by other Pokemon who do their roles better, as seen with Emolga and Ninetales. Some of them need past generation moves to be effective, like Sylveon.

While Absol learns a good array of critical hit moves, it's just not built to abuse them because of its frailty and sub-par Speed. Absol is only good in its Mega form, when its Speed gets a significant boost:
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash/Knock Off
-Fire Blast/Ice Beam
-Play Rough/Superpower
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Absolite
Ability: Super Luck/Justified

or
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash/Knock Off
-Play Rough/Baton Pass
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Absolite
Ability: Super Luck/Justfied

Gorebyss and Scolipede are better offensive Baton Passers than Mawile because of Shell Smash and Speed Boost, respectively. However, if you insist, Double Team is frowned down upon competitively because of its luck-based tendencies and Mawile lacks STAB:
-Swords Dance
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch/Iron Head
-Baton Pass
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 132 HP/252 Atk/124 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate/Hyper Cutter

Hypnosis + Dream Eater is incredibly easy to play around. Once the opponent is put to sleep, it usually switches out, rendering Dream Eater useless. This Ninetales has decent, but unreliable, recovery in Pain Split to help keep itself alive:
-Flamethrower
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
Nature: Timid
EVs: 248 HP/8 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Drought

Put simply, Emolga sucks. It's not strong, and it's frail. The best it can do is Tailwind support:
-Tailwind
-Encore
-U-turn
-Air Slash/Taunt
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Motor Drive

Gallade has so much better coverage options than X-Scissor, Poison Jab and Earthquake. Sadly, this one needs to be transferred from B2/W2, since it has tutor moves:
-Drain Punch
-Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt
-Knock Off
-Rock Tomb/Close Combat
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 220 HP/252 Atk/36 Spe
Item: Assault Vest

Hyper Voice > Echoed Voice on Sylveon. That's a B2/W2 tutor move, sadly, but it's a necessity on Sylveon. Draining Kiss is a poor option because of its low base power:
-Wish
-Protect
-Hyper Voice
-Heal Bell/Calm Mind
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SDef
Ability: Pixilate

or
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Ground/Fire)/Baton Pass
Nature: Modest
EVs: 244 HP/252 SAtk/12 Spe
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
@ PlatinumDude

Most of your sets would be good if I was not doing this challenge. This team would also just be battle my friends and not used online.Also, as i said before, my pokemon are already bred as part of the challenge, so I can't change them.

Absol: I disagree that it is only good if it is a mega. I have another absol that swept two completely different competitive teams without even being iv bred. I also don't like the idea of special moves on an absol, as that stat is horrible.

Mawile: I cant use the leftovers on him as my emolga needs it. Ill drop the doubleteam, and use play rough, but keep it mega.

Ninetales: The reason i picked this set was because it will be unexpected by the people I would fight with it. I also can't get painsplit on it, as i don't have bank to transfer one over. Also, as hp is it's lowest stat, it seems to be a waste, and i would rater have more spatk.

Emolga: This emolga relies on mawile to pass boost to it. Also, once again, can't have tailwind for same reason as painsplit. Maybe use this moveset? wild charge, agility, substitute, and baton pass?

Gallade: This set would be good, but again, i can't get it. I already have a dark type with a priority attack, so knock off seems pointless. I will drop e-quake, power up punch, and x-sissor for rocktomb Close combat, and psycho cut. I think i'll keep poison jab.

Sylveon: I can't get hyper voice, healbell, or wish on this pokemon because of various reasons. I will use psyshock and moonblast.(as close as i can get to hyper voice) Not sure what else to use on it with these.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
@ PlatinumDude

Most of your sets would be good if I was not doing this challenge. This team would also just be battle my friends and not used online.Also, as i said before, my pokemon are already bred as part of the challenge, so I can't change them.

Absol: I disagree that it is only good if it is a mega. I have another absol that swept two completely different competitive teams without even being iv bred. I also don't like the idea of special moves on an absol, as that stat is horrible.

Mawile: I cant use the leftovers on him as my emolga needs it. Ill drop the doubleteam, and use play rough, but keep it mega.

Ninetales: The reason i picked this set was because it will be unexpected by the people I would fight with it. I also can't get painsplit on it, as i don't have bank to transfer one over. Also, as hp is it's lowest stat, it seems to be a waste, and i would rater have more spatk.

Emolga: This emolga relies on mawile to pass boost to it. Also, once again, can't have tailwind for same reason as painsplit. Maybe use this moveset? wild charge, agility, substitute, and baton pass?

Gallade: This set would be good, but again, i can't get it. I already have a dark type with a priority attack, so knock off seems pointless. I will drop e-quake, power up punch, and x-sissor for rocktomb Close combat, and psycho cut. I think i'll keep poison jab.

Sylveon: I can't get hyper voice, healbell, or wish on this pokemon because of various reasons. I will use psyshock and moonblast.(as close as i can get to hyper voice) Not sure what else to use on it with these.
I actually agree with MoxieInfinite about Absol. Your may have played against incompetent opponents when you used that non-Mega Absol. As I mentioned before, non-Mega Absol's Speed leaves much to be desired, and its frailty doesn't help in that case, making its Mega form outclass the regular form in every way possible.

Drop the Mawilite on Mawile, since Absol will be taking the Mega slot. Give it Sitrus Berry or Lum Berry if you're strapped for items.

While HP is one of Ninetales' lowest stats, it needs the extra general bulk to survive hits.

Speed-passing is better done by Gorebyss or Scolipede, as I already mentioned.

Knock Off isn't a priority move. It simply strips the opponent of its item while inflicting damage.

Pixilate is useless if you don't use a Normal move on Sylveon.

If you want to have access to B2/W2 tutor moves, buy Pokemon Bank on the eShop, get enough Shards to teach the appropriate moves in B2/W2, then transfer those Pokemon over.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
okay, 1, i was battling full iv bred and ev trained pokemon with my absol, including protean greninja with u-turn, a Xerneus with geomancy and moonblast, and more pokemon with 5-6 perfect ivs and good ev training. Also, if you know Pandora the absol, you know they are not to be underestimated, even without stab.

2. Im not able to get pokebank for various reasons, and I don't own B2/W2. It also goes against the challenge im doing.

3. I know knock off isn't priority, the suckerpunch priority is why im not using it.

4. I don't know which normal type move twinkie will have, but he will have one.

5. I know what you say would be good if i was not doing a challenge. I think ill try your suggestions on showdown when i get the chance.

Back