• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
zel, Shiny Gold is truly awesome, Carlos is also a difficult opponent, and a very er, hot-headed one, but I LOLed when I found out when I saw that he's a good guy! :laugh:
Spoiler:

anyways, anyway you can fix the tile errors there..? :)
good luck~

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
I think the Teachy Tv thing is just a hold up for something we can use for the radio.

The reason Carlos is on TTV is cuz zel overwrote the guy from teachy tv cuz he had plans for characters like amelia.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Zel asked for these kind of things to stop happening.

He doesn't give release dates but he does want to try to finish the hack this year.

Just look at the first post.

Years
good luck~
yeh, that's just a map tile. what teachy tv does is it takes a screenshot of a map and puts a sprite over the top. obviously, as he deleted the old man, it would be replaced with the extra rivals and stuff that he put in.
it is pretty funny tho.

I've got a question. when I battle Carlos there are no music nor sound.Why?
this could be:
A) the beta that you have
B) the region of the ROM. it has to be (U)
C) could be an error with the save file
D) i have no idea

zak

xpert trainer
Years
Legend

Zel your a legend, i barely hang around here now dys on runescape and stuff but il always check every other week to see how this hack is coming along, ur a legend.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
This thread seems like it's dying bit by bit cuz we get the same thing over and over, not many people post and it's all random posting.

kyogre1940

Ultimate Champion
Years
I know this may seem like a dumb question but...
What is the TM List for Shiny-gold? I know it's copying Gold for the most part, but will it be possible to get Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt?

Also, I found a trainer level glitch in X version (see attachment)
Her Pokèmon are under-leveled compared to everybody else (i.e, her pokes are level 29~31 I believe while everyone else is around 40)

Your hack is amazing! The last time I checked this thread was around November of last year. Amazing progress! Good luck with the rest! :D

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Zel'll fix it at the end.

All he does is use the normal beta then change all the trainers.

It's more likely a mistake.

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
What is the TM List for Shiny-gold? I know it's copying Gold for the most part, but will it be possible to get Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt?

Her Pokèmon are under-leveled compared to everybody else (i.e, her pokes are level 29~31 I believe while everyone else is around 40)

Your hack is amazing! The last time I checked this thread was around November of last year. Amazing progress! Good luck with the rest! :D

well... i can give you a TM list... i'll write one now.
Flamethrower, Ice Beam and ThunderBolt can be obtained in the 2 Cazino's in the games.
and they can be obtained throw trading the same TM number (not same TM, just same number) from Emerald, Red Fire and Green leaf.

and zel already told a few times that some trainers are weaker and stronger, because of bugs...
btw, yes... it's the only hack i play... it's truley amazing.

Craver

I'm From WAH!
Years
Good news: He finished the GS translate into Spanish (all johto), now going into Kanto ... so that only a few months what I have already finished ...

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
HM 1 - Cut
HM 2 - Fly
HM 3 - Surf
HM 4 - Strength
HM 5 - Flash
HM 6 - Rock Smash
HM 7 - Waterfall
TM 1 - DynamicPunch
TM 2 - Headbutt
TM 3 - Curse
TM 4 - Rollout
TM 5 - Roar
TM 6 - Toxic
TM 7 - Zap Cannon
TM 8 -
TM 9 - Light Screen
TM 10 - Hidden Power
TM 11 - Sunny Day
TM 12 - Sweet Scent
TM 13 -
TM 14 -
TM 15 - Hyper Beam
TM 16 - Icy Wind
TM 17 - Protect
TM 18 - Rain Dance
TM 19 - Giga Drain
TM 20 -
TM 21 -
TM 22 - Solarbeam
TM 23 - Iron Tail
TM 24 - DragonBreath
TM 25 -
TM 26 - EarthQuake
TM 27 - Return
TM 28 - Dig
TM 29 - Psychic
TM 30 - Shadow Ball
TM 31 - Mud-Slap
TM 32 - Double Team
TM 33 -
TM 34 - Swagger
TM 35 - Flamethrower
TM 36 -
TM 37 - SandStorm
TM 38 -
TM 39 - Swift
TM 40 - Ice Punch
TM 41 - ThunderPunch
TM 42 - Fire Punch
TM 43 -
TM 44 - Rest
TM 45 - Attract
TM 46 - Thief
TM 47 - Steel Wing
TM 48 -
TM 49 - Fury Cutter
TM 50 - Brick Break

Sorry but i don't know what the missing TM's are.
Enjoy this

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Thanks everyone for helping me answering a lot of stuff, so I'll take care of the unanswered things or the stuff I simply wanted to comment about.

Just a question zel, (havn't seen it answered on the first post) is there any specific reason you decided to remake Gold rather than Crystal? I always saw the 3rd games as sort of the "Complete" games (e.g. a game like Kingdom Hearts Final Mix) so I thought it would have been a better "template" to use as a Generation II remake.

Well, I always liked Gold over Crystal, so that's one of the reasons.

Wheooot...
Uh...Zel...If anyone has told you...sorry...but...
Well, when you get stuff off Amelia in Pryce's town, there aren't any flags and you can keep getting and getting...
That was when I was playing Shiny X.

Maybe I havent fixed something on the X. Which Beta are you using? because perhaps I fixed that on a newer version. I dont remember having that problem before.

You propably used the save option from the start menu in the game. If you did don't. Go to the top of your emulator and drop down the file menu and click save to save the game at its current state as a .SGM.

Wrong - Please avoid .sgm files. Because when you reach the E4, it wont save and you'll start complaining about not progressing. Just make sure the Flash128k option is enabled BEFORE ever loading the rom. If you made the mistake, then you know how that is fixed: closing the emu, deleting the .sav or .sa1 file, then opening the emu, setting the F128 option and loading the rom.

By now it's kinda obvious I should have changed the "Exchange Memory" message from the game long time ago. Baka... :P

Zel, i got a question... will you edit the Pokedex so we'll be able to see where we can caugh each pokemon? or will the pokedex will be left alone?

Yeah, just like Baro I wonder if such a thing can be done. Because, as sgash said, Pokemon show up on the dex depending if it is located as wild pokemon on a map under the "Map name" which is showable on the Pokedex. Not sure if that kind of data can be manipulated or if it is everything automatically generated... :\

Sounds like something Mastermind_X could have fun with! :laugh:

The only reason zel made those pokemon available without trading was cuz he wanted to put the first 386 pokes in.

Not to mention that trade evolution is not my favorite way of getting Pokemon, that's why I decided to change it.

While searching on Google for my page (yeah I have no life >_> ) I found a Japanese fansite on Shiny Gold with a lot of pretty screenshots and FAQs and stuff like how to register and download the SG patch.

I can only read the Chinese part of Japanese, so you could ask someone else to contact the webmaster to put his/her website on the front page.

Seems like the creator has stopped updating the page (says at the bottom), and wants to preserve this as a relic for when the new beta comes out (babelfish >.>)

Shiny Gold is expanding into the Japanese market >.<

http://www.geocities.jp/pokemonshinygoldzel/index.html

Interesting, although I didnt understand a bit of it (oh well, I could use a translator but we know how much they suck >.<), but, if the creator of the page is around and wants me to put it on the first post, just PM me.

And, I'll avoid all that topic about SG expansion, because it was a bit silly :P

Just one question: i havent still understood how the *yamn*slows work
Slowking evolves into slowbro through water stone? at least thats what i get, and its WEIRD, as some might consider slowking better...
And about evo stones, will they also be available through digging?
They're stones afterall...

I dont know why everyone has it wrong: Slowpoke is the one who evolves into both Slowbro (with level) and to Slowking (I think you use a Water stone), it's your choice.

Stones on the minigame? Hmmm... Nope, I get the feeling they'd be overused. I want them to not be that easy to obtain, really.

I got 4 bugs to report:
1) In Dark Cave (the first time you can go inside), you can get to an area in the cave (though it would be sort of dumb to do so, since at that point you don't have flash) where there is a guy that you can challenge. Unfortunately, he has a level 20+ Pokemon that can easily KO all of your Pokemon at that early stage. There ought to be some way of blocking the area off.
2) Likewise with the Trick House. Luckily the trainers in there haven't got quite so high leveled Pokemon, and my Pokemon had been leveled up considerably after Falkner and Sprout Tower, but it was still a bit of a shock to go in there and realize I'm facing trainers with Pokemon as high leveled as Falkner's. Either it should be move to a location you can't get to, or their Pokemon ought to be de-leveled slightly.
3) In the small building between the place with the Trick House and Sudowoodo, and the Ruins of Alph, there is a weird glitch copy of you. Is this a sprite error?
4) Ruins of Alph again - indeed, inside a separate building again. When you go in the building where the two scientist are, one of them acts like Nurse Joy, and when you agree to have your Pokemon Healed, you can see a glitched version of the normal Pokemon Center Healing Process. Can this be fixed?

1)Optional battles usually are hard, be conscious you are playing a RPG so you should be responsible for your actions :)
2)Kinda same thing, the Trick House is completely optional. In fact, leaving them for after you finish the whole thing also works. By that time you would have level60 Pokemon battling against level 10 or so Pokemon XP
3)I'm intrigued by those clones, when you can post a screenshot (or anyone else), please show me their exact locations.
4)Hmmmm... I'll have a look on the scientist's script.

Bug:

If you lose to a wild Pokemon on Route 29 just after getting your starter, you end up in a PC (most probably Cherrygrove's), but it's all darkness and even after Nurse Joy finishes talking and healing your Pokes, you stay there. Yes, I haven't reached any Pokemon Center yet, nor any town/city other than New Bark.

Haha I lost to a Sentret just because it had an Oran Berry and I was lazy to use potions (I had little health then). xD

EDIT: Did you replace the original LG Pallet Town map with the now New Bark Town one? The same for Route 29 & Route 1/Cherrygrove City & Viridian City? Because there might be a code inside there which detects whether you have reached the map of Viridian (with var numbers?), and so by putting it like this it might turn out differently. If you get what I mean... :/

As far as I remember, when you lose without going to the Pokecenter, you should come out from Cherrygrove's PC instead of talking to your mom (alright, there should be a mid-second where you are at home, but after that there should be a warp), am I wrong in how the events happen?
Can anyone confirm about the glitch he's mentioning, it sounds strange.

Hey Zel,what if for the LUGIA event u make JESS and JAMIE appear and they want the silver thing that u need.U could make'em fight u and wen u win the old man gives it to u.By the way love the hack!!!Keep going!

I dont really want to mess with how the original legendaries were obtainable. That's why we have a lot of extra legendaries to give them events or weird ways to find them.

And by the way, in B6, will Ard FINALLY have some decent bugs?

He gets a new one (I think it was a Pinsir on the normal, but I'm not sure), but, you know he just picks what he likes and thinks its strong, in his weird opinion... -_-

I actually became pretty sad when Zel said it isn't part of his plans to make an event involving Giovanni. Well, guess that's up to him. xD
Oh, I almost forgot. Zel, if you change any pokémon location, such as Ralts, please tell me, so I can do the next shiny gold dex correctly, when beta 6 is released. ^^

Most likely I'll move the Pokemon which appeared on R.of Alph, if I manage to do something about the puzzles there.

Is Mt.Silver gonna be packed with extra events?

Not really, but it has been remapped to make it confusing, almost like the V.Road.

zel, Shiny Gold is truly awesome, Carlos is also a difficult opponent, and a very er, hot-headed one, but I LOLed when I found out when I saw that he's a good guy! :laugh:
Spoiler:

good luck~

Hehe... Well, since I have fixed that route, it now looks fine. And about the Carlos Dude, I have inserted the Poke Dude's overworld again and moved Carlos overworld somewhere else, so now they are different people :P

Yes, those nice moves have TMs, although they'll not be that easy to be gotten, as obvious.

I must ask: Were you playing the X version for the levels problem? Because it could be a mistake I did of not editing someone's lineup as I was editing lineups for the X version.

Good news: He finished the GS translate into Spanish (all johto), now going into Kanto ... so that only a few months what I have already finished ...

Good to know that, I hope everything is coming along nicely.

Alright, after finishing the whole posting, I better do something else on the hack, so I can bring some kind of update tomorrow :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
i've noticed a small bug.....when you go to the 7th gym carlos gets surprised when you tell him you got 5 badges......but you actually have 6.not really that big of a deal,but thought you might wanted to know zel.

Back