• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
How do you edit the stats of items?

I'm trying to edit lucky egg and exp share so they give out more exp so i don't have to grind as much. I've tried using item manager and item editor tools, but you don't seem to be able to edit the exp they give. Only the description or the pocket they are held in.

any ideas?

Reposting to see if anyone knows.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Alright, you guys know how in FR/LG at Oak's Lab, the Rival takes a Pokemon off the table after you take one? I want to totally skip that scene and go straight from you getting your Pokemon to him challenging you, like he had a Pokemon to begin with. I'm assuming this is done via scripting right? Problem is, I'm not very familiar with scripting... I read the tutorial so I understand the commands, but how do I know where to insert them so events happen in a specific part of the game, such as the example above? Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Sorry for this stupidly nooby question, but I am entirly new to Rom Hacking. I have a couple of fakemon sprites I am happy with, a downloaded saphire ROM and a basic idea of plot but apart from that I bave no Idea where to start on my hack. I am planning to create an entirely new storyline, and only chose saphire as base cause I want to use dive, in case that information is relevant. So basically, my question is how do I go about starting my rom hack? (If there are lots of different things I could start with please explain how I would replace Littleroot town with my own starting town). Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Sorry for this stupidly nooby question, but I am entirly new to Rom Hacking. I have a couple of fakemon sprites I am happy with, a downloaded saphire ROM and a basic idea of plot but apart from that I bave no Idea where to start on my hack. I am planning to create an entirely new storyline, and only chose saphire as base cause I want to use dive, in case that information is relevant. So basically, my question is how do I go about starting my rom hack? (If there are lots of different things I could start with please explain how I would replace Littleroot town with my own starting town). Thanks!
There are lots of places you can start. Some people like to change Pokemon and overworld sprites first. Some prefer to work on the trainers. Personally, I prefer to start on the maps.

To change Littleroot Town, you'll need to find and download a program called AdvanceMap. It's on this forum. You can use it to change a map's terrain and name.

Two things to remember:

• The terrain blocks don't determine whether or not you can walk/surf/etc. on something. To change that, you have to edit "movement permissions". (So in other words, placing a wall won't block a space. You have to set that space's movement permission to 1. Walkable ground is C and surfable water is 4.)
  • You can't add map names, and some map names are reused. So if you rename Littleroot Town, then every other map with that name will also be renamed.
Good luck on your hack.

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
I have a question about scripting, I'm wondering if there is a double battle legendary battle script :( I wanted to use that script (if there is) for latios and latias :(

also, i have this problem on a map, when i put a warp outside i can go inside but when i go outside the cave wont let me go to the entrance :( i checked the movement permissions and the warp. :( please help

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
Cave glitch

Guys when I make the inside of the cave I get teleported inside but I can't exit I copied how mount moon was made like I put the warp in front of cave I still can't exit Pls. HELP

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I have a question about scripting, I'm wondering if there is a double battle legendary battle script :( I wanted to use that script (if there is) for latios and latias :(

also, i have this problem on a map, when i put a warp outside i can go inside but when i go outside the cave wont let me go to the entrance :( i checked the movement permissions and the warp. :( please help

Unfortunately, there aren't any double wild battles pre-loaded into the ROM that can immediately be used. Jambo51 is working on making a double wildbattle routine for FR as you can see in this thread, but he hasn't released it yet.

I'm a bit confused by the wording of your second question. Are you having trouble exiting the cave? If you are, there is a ground tile (that looks exactly like the regular ground tile in every cave tilseset) that you have to place immediately above the cave's exit. It is block 0x287 in FR/LG's regular cave tileset and 0x23C in Ruby.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Directly above the light-door, you need to use the ground tile that comes after the hole tile. It looks just like ordinary ground, but it has a special property that lets warps work. Put it above the light-door, and put the warp on it.

Explanation:
Spoiler:

I'd provide pics to clarify, but I can't post any URLs yet.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
Did you make an event to leave the cave..?

P.S. this probably isn't the right place for you to have posted this.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
Yeah I put the warp event in the cave in front of the exit

Oh and yeah I don't know where to poost stuff cause I'm new here

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
okay i have the problem !
the warp has to be ona tile that actuelly warps ! XD
i know sounds weird but ... all you have to do is

go to the tile editor in advance map ...
make a new grass tile and change the value to "door warp"
or something like that .... and then make sure this new tiles is at the front of the cave entrance ! that SHOULD HELP

if you dont know how to do that let it me know and i post a screen shot ;)

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
ok thanks it worked. but now i dont know what to do with this script...

Code:
#dynamic 0x800C00
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x9192
if 0x1 goto @talked
setflag 0x9192
applymovement 0xFF @move
msgbox @msg 0x2
warp 0x2 0x32 0x1 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @talked
msgbox @talkd 0x2
release
end

#org @msg
= There is a hidden entrance on the\nwall!

#org @talkd
= The entrance is now sealed and may\nno longer be entered.

#org @move
#raw 0x53 0x65 0xFE

it kept on taking me to navel rock when i wanted to use the warp #1 (going to bank 2 map 62 warp no. 1) on bank 2 map 32.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
ok thanks it worked. but now i dont know what to do with this script...

Code:
#dynamic 0x800C00
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x9192
if 0x1 goto @talked
setflag 0x9192
applymovement 0xFF @move
msgbox @msg 0x2
warp 0x2 0x32 0x1 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @talked
msgbox @talkd 0x2
release
end

#org @msg
= There is a hidden entrance on the\nwall!

#org @talkd
= The entrance is now sealed and may\nno longer be entered.

#org @move
#raw 0x53 0x65 0xFE

it kept on taking me to navel rock when i wanted to use the warp #1 (going to bank 2 map 62 warp no. 1) on bank 2 map 32.

Remember that you're scripting this in HEX, where 32 is 0x20. Change your warp command to reflect this and everything should work as planned.

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
oh so since im using XSE i can just use the DEC function then enter the desired number then switch it to HEX? it should work right?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
oh so since im using XSE i can just use the DEC function then enter the desired number then switch it to HEX? it should work right?

Yep, it is designed to convert between the decimal and HEX systems quickly and easily.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
I want to edit the backsprite of the main character. All I needa do is change him from red to green. So I needa edit the palletes. How do I do this? I need something simple please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back