• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Legendary Trio Ideas / Speculation

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Personally, I think they should have kept the Musketeer trio for XY. Isn't the story of the Three Musketeers a French story? Oh well!

As for any speculation on this, idk really. I'm serious about the Musketeer trio though. Should have been for this generation. :(

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Well, I guess they might not have been thinking about Gen 6 being in France or something, idk. Otherwise the Musketeer trio would have been released now instead of B/W.

I was kind of thinking of having a situation similar to Mewtwo, where there were 2 legendary pokemon, but one had its DNA altered and managed to escape, but it changed and became more evil-ish. But that's kind of close to the story from Gen 1. And that doesn't make a trio. But the idea about life is pretty cool, they might try that.

BlockedHeart

Pokemon Master
Years
Not sure if this is really relevant at all, but when searching what DNA is made up of, I found that it is made up of three parts:

"The DNA, deoxyribo nucleic acid is a polymer of nucleotides.
The nucleotides are made up of three major parts.

1) Deoxy ribose(pentose sugar)

2) phosphate group

3)bases ( Purines: adenine ,guanine and pyrimidines: thymine and cytosine)

The base is attached to the pentose sugar by glycosidic bonds. The base and the pentose sugar together is called nucleoside.
Along with phosphate group nucleoside is called a nucleotide. ( eg :adenosine mono phosphate guanosine monophosphte etc)
The deoxy ribose sugar and phosphate group of the nucleotide are joined by phospho diester bonds

The DNA is a double helix structure containing two polymers of nucleotide chains.
the deoxy ribose sugar and phosphate group of the nucleotides in both strands of DNA makes the back bone of the DNA. This backbone is hyderophilic in nature .
The inner core of the DNA contains the bases which are attached to the backbone. (ribose sugar)
The base molecules of each nucleotide in each strand is bonded in the inner core of the DNA through hydrogen bonds.
The purine bases A and C bonds only with the pyrimidine bases T and G respectively. Thus the bases in the nucleotides in each strand makes complementary base pairing in the inner core of the DNA. These bases are bonded to each other through hydrogen bonds."

Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this yet, but if the whole Chromosomes speculation is correct, then I think the three will possibly have something to do with DNA makeup... Which I think would be pretty awesome. Pokemon that could shapeshift, or have an ability to be used together to form different forms at anytime possibly? This could be interesting. Again, not sure if this is relevant at all, but thought that it was interesting that I came across this factoid.

In my opinion, I'd love to see some more legendary birds... To many four legged creatures these days :D They'd have to be pretty unique though. Maybe Flying/Fire, Flying/Water, Flying/Grass? (Even though we've had these before, not necessarily as powerful as a legendary.) Those could be great. Probably not happening, but it's what I'd like to see. I really think they should make the legendaries, whatever they end up being, Fire, Water, Grass... Back to basics. When I saw this game for the first time a few days ago, I thought it looked like the absolute stupidest thing I'd ever seen, and that Pokemon would be ruined, but then I saw the trailer, and it looked great... The only problem is, they are stepping way out of their comfort zone, and having some simplistic aspects to the game might allow them to stay at least a little closer to home, just my opinion though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The Muskeeters and Deoxys, Mew, and Mewtwo and Kyurem would fit nicely in these games...maybe they could add them into post game or something...

On topic: I think the life trio will be reserved for the main legends trio or at least that's how I see it...we might be wrong though as many of us thought Reshiram and Zekrom represented Nature versus Technology (though they did use that them for the exclusive locations).
They could make a trio of unconnected types for once such as Rock, Psychic, and Water.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I know the region is France-based, but how about the Four Holy Beasts of Ancient China?

Blue Dragon (Grass/Dragon)
Black Turtle (Water/Dark)
White Tiger (Steel/Psychic)
Red Phoenix (Fire/Flying)

and a Ground/Electric type Golden Unicorn could be their leader!

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
I think it's long past time for legendary cats.
I concur. x) Although through all of the Eeveelutions and the Beast trio, I don't know how possible it is that they would use cats for reference.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I concur. x) Although through all of the Eeveelutions and the Beast trio, I don't know how possible it is that they would use cats for reference.

A lot of people see the Eeveelutions as fox/wolf Pokemon more than cats, I've noticed. And the legendary beasts of Johto I see referred to as dogs more than cats. It would be nice to have a legendary trio that are obviously cats. XD They do like cats in France, right!? Le chat!

Years
i sure like the sound of legendary horses, but im just hoping they dont put to many lengends in this time, just the 2 main lengends (x and y) then a trio. and then maybe a event legend like victini and shaymin were

sorry for double post but if they decide to release a 3rd game later down the line like they did with Emerald and Platinum and Crystal, what would that legend be? probably something to do with "Z" but who knows......

Last edited:

Pinta77

I hope they don't introduce too many legendaries this generation, we had more than enough in Gen IV & Gen V!

I disagree! More legendaries to catch means more stuff to do! True, they tend to get sloppy when they make too many (like tornadus, thundurus, and landorous all having basically the same sprite) but at least it's fun.

Years
Maybe they can do a trio hinting at next gen's region like how the Muskeeters referenced France. Like one mentioned they could use the five directional gods of China (the fifth is Huanglong of the Center), as Emboar was Chinese, opposed to French inspired Serperior (I think the Unova starters might've been hints to what was coming...). And if they do a second trio again make it reference a Native American legend like how the Kami trio went back to Japan stories.

Victini

I was thinking to myself how interesting it would be if we got something like a Theater trio. I imagine they'd each represent a major stage of expression, like happy, sad, and mad. Or even neutral for the latter!

We've received the Pokemon that inspired songs and dance (Meloetta), so, I think a legendary trio that inspired acting would be really cool to see!

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
Legendary Trio

EDIT: My thread got moved. Somehow I missed this one.

I think it would be kind of cool if the trio had to do with horses. Perhaps one could be a pegasus, one could be a unicorn, and the third could be a mustang. I feel like this would never happen, but it would be kind cool to see.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Another brainstorm idea for a legendary trio: A quartet based on The Little Engine That Could, similar to the Musketeer trio with its fourth member being blue and an event legendary.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
I hope we only get TWO Legedarys (Yeah gamefreak, a even number of legends, Suck it :P). I am starting to get tired of legendarys :\. B&W 2 was just overkill. I mean, 7+ LEGENDARYS!?!?!?!?!? no more. and btw the "deers" are unicorns... yep, gamefreak has gone brony on us :P.

Years
Two is highly unlikely, 5 I can accept but Two is too little...
Please return to Hoenn numbers aka 8. The mascot trio, the side trio, and two event legends. one of the events can be the Master of the mascots a la Arceus, and the other is connected to the side trio a la Keldeo, or it could also be a trio Master.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
It still baffles me that GF got so much backlash after DPPt for having so many legends and went on to have... even more in BW(2). I hope they've learned their lesson this time because last time round I really just stopped caring about the legends, which had never happened before.

As for legendary trio speculation, it could be anything. Seeing as the region is based on France, the strongest possibility right now is probably something based on liberty/equality/fraternity, but then they already did the "group of moral legends" thing in Gen V so who knows. As long as they don't make them as copy n' paste as the IV/V legends (much as I loved the IV trio), I don't mind.

EDIT:

Yessss. While I can't really visualise on what this'd be (all I see is giant powerful beings), I think something like this would be pretty awesome to see (although somewhat unlikely I'd say as it doesn't really fit in with the DNA theme).

Just read through all the ideas earlier on in the thread and there are some excellent ones. But the above quote made me think about merging the idea of the four classical elements with the "female ghost" thing someone else mentioned. They could end up looking like the four main elemental cards on Cardcaptor Sakura. Of course, they can hardly rip them off entirely, but if they did something that at all resembled Cardcaptors, I think I'd die of joy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I'm gonna go with those supporting the Yggdrasil theory for the two main Legendaries and say that the trio (if we get one this generation) will also be based in Norse mythology. I just Googled trios in Norse myth and apparently, there is a trio of deities called the "Norns" who are reminiscent of the Fates of Ancient Greek mythology. There could be a trio based on either the Norns or the Fates. Likewise, there could just as easily be a trio of pokémon based on another Norse creature, such as trolls, giants, or elves.

Back