• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: First hack you've ever played?

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Chaos Black back when I was a little kid, my brother showed it to me. I thought it was a legit pokemon game back than haha.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Light platinum was my first one. I also played the one that followed the first season of the anime.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Mine was the original beta 1 shiny gold. I bought the cartridge that they illegally made in china (I didn't know at that time!) when I was browsing through games on ebay when I was a bit younger. It was fun, but I beat it in a few hours -_- . It WAS only to Olivine City. I got hooked to the idea of ROM hacking and I explored other hacks, this time with my PC, such as my personal favorite, Ash Gray <3

Years
Yeah, I remember playing Shiny Gold after I've beaten LP. The first thing I noticed was the game - breaking bug when you press the START button.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
It was Pokemon Golden Sun by a certain Monstro971 (French hack).
Was a nice 2009 emeral hack with gen IV 'mons implemented.

But it was a demo and I did not know so I got frustrated when it stopped.

Monthes later I searched for Pokemon GSC Hacks and I found Pokemon Crystal Pikachu Edition. It was totally crazy I loved this game!!!

And I discover today it was made by miksy91 :3 I just love what miksy91 do :3

Afterwards I had some things such as Pokemon New gold (by ericgall23) that also is a hit.

At this moment I also found Pokemon Liquid Crystal and Light Platinum (but they were at demo-stage), Pokemon Ultimate end and Pokemon Crystal redisign (they were extremely hard at the beginning so I did not have the courage to beat'em but hey, signed miksy91 again).

And two years after that here I am playing Pokemon Flora Sky and Pokemon Glazed that are totally fabulous.

LinkNPkmn

Pokemon Master Since 2006
Years
How could I forget?
Pokemon Chaos Black. Unfinished, I brought it (from a foreign country, whilst I was there) not having knowledge it was a ROM Hack.
The game finished at the end of Mt. Moon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2016
The first ROM hack I played was Pokemon Dark future's first beta version. It was very much interesting to play that game. For downloading further versions, I joined this forum. I was playing that game in a java phone.

KittiOcelotti

"Smell ya later!"
Years
The first hack I've played was Pokemon Victory Fire. I first discovered it while I was browsing coolrom.com (you can no longer get it now due to copyright).

I first thought that it was some creepy version of a pokemon game that they illegally sell on bootleg cartridges. But I was curious and decided to download it anyways.

So I did. And it turned out to be the opposite of what I though of it at first.

Liking it has driven me to download more Pokemon Rom Hacks and revived my love of pokemon.

Back to nearly a year ago:

Even though I'ved only gotten to the 5th of 6th gym, I felt like I'ved completed the whole game for some reason.

I should probably get back to playing it soon. But only if the creator fixes the surf-high jump kick bug and yes, that's what made me quit the game. I guess IQ increases over time.

Even though it had 3rd gen graphic and was full of grammar errors, it is still on my favourites list because of nostalgic reasons.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 19, 2015
The first rom hack i played was Pokemon Ash gray,and was the best rom hack for me after glazed,im gratefull to metapod for making a wonderfull rom hack -"ASH GRAY"!!!!!

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
Mine was Pokemon Naranja. I got it from a mall selling GBA cartridges and thought Pokemon Naranja was a new game, turns out it was just a bootleg ROM Hack that somebody decided to put on a flashcart and make money from. The first battle against the trainer with the Dratini was very frustrating since the only place you could grind levels was the wild grass patch with lvl 2 Hoppips.

Years
So, I was browsing through my Pokemon ROMs folder when I noticed I have so many ROMs in there. I checked out all of it. I looked into the sky, and asked myself, "What is the first ROM Hack that I've played?"
Then I remembered the glorious Pokemon Light Platinum. I got my Pokemon Light Platinum via bluetooth. I have a friend in church and he has Light Platinum. I asked him if he can share me the ROM. Of course, he gave me the ROM. And then I played it and played it. I remember playing it 10 times or so. But let's focus on YOU. What's the first ROM Hack that you've played and how did you discovered it?
It's Sad to say, but I cannot remember the first hack I tried. Whatever it was it didn't have much interest to me. The first hack I actually continually played for awhile was Dark Rising which was pretty good, but it got difficult. My favorite hack I've played and the only one I actually finished was Pokémon Glazed. Loved it!!!

Pokemon_Glazed_Download.png

cRaCkZ

Well...
Years
Flora Sky.
But i finished : Glazed, Ash Gray, Adventure Red Chapter,Dark Rising, Naranja , Resolute,Victory Fire.
I am currently playing: Mega Power,Sinnoh Legacy and Discovery.

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
I'm pretty sure the first one I played was Reign of legends. I remember loving the atmosphere in that game. Exploring those maps gave me a different feel from what I got playing the official games. Unfortunately I haven't played it since, although I plan to at some point. It'll be interesting to figure out how I feel about it now that I've played numerous hacks and other fangames.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
The first hacks i did play are Liquid Crystal and Light Platinum which i bounced back and forth to try finishing each content.

Back