• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
lolnope.

It's still fanfiction except your given something to write about.

Still just my opinion though.

Not to be picky but doesn't fan fiction demand some kind of fandom? Therefore the only 'fan fiction' events are Rescue Mission and First Catch - all the others are just original writing pieces (and battle is true roleplay).

RPOs plays on the skills you need for any kind of writing, fiction or roleplay. If you'd like to work out and organise dozens of people in to different groups and then have them post individually, within a time limit, than by all means complain more though...

Anyway! Would it be possible to have a list of who is in what event in the RPO thread? I've totally forgotten what I signed up for...

Nevermind just noticed the signup thread is further down XD

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
As hilarious as I find the Arceus-apethetic's ramblings, he does have a point about the One Liner. I was lucky enough to remember what the One-Liner said in the SU thread, but I really think you should explain all of the events again thoroughly in the Post Thread, especially since the SU and Judging threads are no longer stickied.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Point taken. I've linked the RPO Sign up thread in the top of the Post thread now, so you will be able to view the rules and explanations for the events more easily. There are also additional two links within the body of the Post thread which link to the Sign up thread. Hope this will be sufficient.

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
Any Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda fans around? I have a role-play for both games as a crossover. Been planning it since I mentioned it in here a week or so ago.

Sorry if I'm eavesdropping on conversations (or posting in the middle of one). Just wanting to know if anyone's interested. I can get the plot from my saved word document if anyone needs it to determine interest or not.

The other place I submitted this role-play (where people have played or know either games), didn't bode so well, so I'm hoping...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Any Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda fans around? I have a role-play for both games as a crossover. Been planning it since I mentioned it in here a week or so ago.

Sorry if I'm eavesdropping on conversations (or posting in the middle of one). Just wanting to know if anyone's interested. I can get the plot from my saved word document if anyone needs it to determine interest or not.

The other place I submitted this role-play (where people have played or know either games), didn't bode so well, so I'm hoping...

Don't know much about the Zelda series, but I'm a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series, and I wanted an RP based on that for quite a while. Mind telling me a bit more about the plot? If I have time, and I like it, I may very well join.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
New discussion topic! Which region do you like to be in the most for roleplays?

HOENN!! Hoenn is my favorite region cause Emerald was my first game and it brings back memories. And it's pretty diverse as well, it's got islands, a volcano, a sea, desert, etc.

Years

HOENN!! Hoenn is my favorite region cause Emerald was my first game and it brings back memories. And it's pretty diverse as well, it's got islands, a volcano, a sea, desert, etc.

That's also one of my many reasons for Hoenn lol. I also like Kanto/Johto, and occasionally when I feel like it, a Sinnoh. The only reason I don't do Unova roleplays is because of the pokemon. I love the cities, the feelings, and how metropolistic it is, but I just cannot stand the Pokemon. d:

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Which region do you like to be in the most for roleplays?

I believe that would be Hoenn, since I know it best than other regions. The Latias there is awesome!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
New discussion topic! Which region do you like to be in the most for roleplays?

I know Johto and Kanto are used the most often for journey RPs but I still like them best. Johto the very most, maybe because of the traditional scenery and 2nd gen pokémon. I know Hoenn even better than those, I think, but for some reason Hoenn doesn't have the same nice, deep feeling to it. In my opinion, and each and everyone is entitled to have their own ;)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Since I don't do Pokemon roleplays im going to have to ignore the topic..

Point of my post is to ask if there is any interesting fantasy/magic etc roleplays with spots open atm? I'd really like to join one but they all seem to be full.

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
Don't know much about the Zelda series, but I'm a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series, and I wanted an RP based on that for quite a while. Mind telling me a bit more about the plot? If I have time, and I like it, I may very well join.

Oh sweet, an FE fan. I've only played up to Radiant Dawn though, since FE11 is just FE1 remade (with horrible name translations in my book). Since I've already played the original, I didn't bother with the remake. As for Zelda, I've played up to Skyward Sword, but in my role-play idea, I'm using Twilight Princess, as I favor that more.

Both Tellius and Hyrule have things in common, and this role-play I wanted to demonstrate that.

It's set 1000 years after the events of the game (Tellius) and current Hyrule. So all canon characters are proclaimed "dead", with Zelda being the exception since it's just after TP. (No Link appears, though)

Anyone that played either of the series can join this. Don't have to know both, but it's a plus if you do. I'll also try to keep it spoilerless as possible for those who haven't beaten SS and/or RD. (but the introductory can't promise that)

Plot below:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
-pops in-

I have not been on here in ages! I feel like I have missed a big chunk of my pokecommunity life. I'm gonna need... For someone, anyone to fill me in on any of the good stuff my broken computer made me miss!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

It's set 1000 years after the events of the game (Tellius) and current Hyrule. So all canon characters are proclaimed "dead", with Zelda being the exception since it's just after TP. (No Link appears, though)

Anyone that played either of the series can join this. Don't have to know both, but it's a plus if you do. I'll also try to keep it spoilerless as possible for those who haven't beaten SS and/or RD. (but the introductory can't promise that)

Plot below:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
... Interest!

So... Can you explain the plot a bit more? Who are the players, what are they doing, etc.

Because if you're looking for a Twilit Wolf, look no further.

Lol the text is all crossed out.

The plot I still have to lengthen more, if it's going to be here. As I've said, I've been working on it since I last posted about it. I wanted to have it as a "surprise!" plot and begin to weave it through the role-play, making it suspense and the players. Heavy clues to figuring out what's happening and how they can "stop" it from progressing. That would have been a fun idea, but with me only knowing the plot, it would seem a little unfair, so another reason I have to expand it.

What I have so far is that hylians (and monsters) from Hyrule that appear in Tellius mysteriously are treated unlawfully, much like the Branded were. They are neither Branded, Beorc, Laguz or those without power that used to be Laguz.

Same is likewise for beorc/laguz that appear in Hyrule.

The players are the people who join, and I'll probably want only 5 people (3 as minimum) for it, not including myself. Namely due to the fact I have a short attention span and can't remember some things without looking back at something else to help me remember it.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Well... pretty much all of my stuff for the RPO's have been posted except for my battle.

You know... since I dropped out of the Escape category...

I'm pretty sure I won't be winning anything.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I am a zelda fan (despite the fact i've played AN HOUR OF SKYWARD SWORD *criescoughboughtitforthesountrackcoughcries*) but i've never really understood how it could be roleplayed.

I like to think that to see if a series can be roleplayed, you ask yourself; could anyone do this? With zelda, no, link is the hero of time. The only hero of time. And a 'reincarnation' or whatever.

But I've never played fire emblem, which i keep meaning to because someone said it was tactics-y and i love me some tactics.

also, to help with your plot other than world domination, you could go with *both worlds are connected and CRASHING INTO EACHOTHER (lol)* or portal to other world is a BLACK HOLE THAT WILL SWALLOW EVERYTHING or some kind of impending natural disaster.

Well... pretty much all of my stuff for the RPO's have been posted except for my battle.

Well, that's not the right attitude, now is it?

Since I don't do Pokemon roleplays im going to have to ignore the topic..
Funny that you're on a Pokémon forum then. d: We must have some pretty cool non-Pokémon roleplays for you to stick around then. <3

btw australia *fist bump!*

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
It is funny isnt it :P Not contradictory at all, not at all! Well there is a couple pretty cool ones, though two of them are basically in limbo while Para is gone :'(
FIST BUMP! AUSTRALIA FOR THE WIN! YEAH-A

I also agree you have to be positive about the RPO! Personally I believe Im going to win the category I'm in and show Curious. that I am the winner!

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years

If this was the sort of forum where people were up themselves and held grudges, perhaps you would be right, but I can pretty confidently say that this wont be one of those cases, it would completely ruin the point of the event, especially with it being the very first RPO.

Besides, it's a Pokemon forum, not exactly full of douche bags xD

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I do have a question about the mentioned Zelda x Fire Emblem RP: which Zelda game would it take place in? After all, different games feature different timelines and different Links (as well as different Zeldas, different monsters, and what is likely the same Ganon/dorf). I'd expect that it wouldn't take place in a particular canon and would feature a world that is made up of various enemies, characters, and places that appear in various games, but that's just me making a prediction.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Region.... well I've only RPed in Hoenn and Sinnoh. I think I would like to try Unova some time. For some reason not too interested in Johto or Kanto (never played through my heartgold).

Zelda RP could work heck its Role playing almost any thing could be role playing. We could role play 5 people stuck in a white room with no windows or walls... just will be boring.

I really should join a RP... maybe that Bleach one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back