• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Follow the path to victory to be a champion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So Victory Road. A well-known place in the Pokemon world, the path to where champions are found. How would you like to see it in X/Y? In recent games you had the whole cliff-side thing, then you had a real journey through four different areas, and even fancy badge gates. In the past it's been rock based, so would you like to see something different this time? Maybe something more along the lines of one of the previous games, or something brand new like no rocks, just one short road? Would that make it seem less like a "victory" road? Would you want to see the road scrapped altogether? Discuss!

blue

gucci
Years
I hope it's not just a straight forward road/cave, they're boring now. I'd like to see obstacles that you have to scale in order to reach the end, maybe it could be on a small mountain that you climb some how jumping to different platforms like we saw in the trailer when the male trainer was swinging from vines.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Eh, imo, the current 'Victory Road' style makes me feel that I'm on my way to fight the best y'know? Because look - on pokemon games, we first arrive at the gates, where we have to show each of our badges. I think this is just me, but I stop and think, wow, remember that badge from when I fought with that gym leader? That was quite a struggle and hassle to acquire it! Plus, maybe a crack or two on how the gym leader was weird... etc. So yeah, I do feel a sense of brief nostalgic from those gates, so, I'm not sure if I'd want to change that; unless it can be something like... a red carpet at Hollywood, and all the famous trainers who beat the gym leaders and gain all the gym badges arrive to show off before Victory Road?

..Which does lead me onto Victory Road. Remember at GSC, where your Rival, silver, says, 'noticed how there were no trainers? those bunch of wimps can't stand the pressure' or.. something paraphrased like that. I guess Victory Road shows that "intimidation" on where your literally, on the road to fight the best trainers this region has to offer, and along the way, you'll face high quality trainers and powerful-than-normal wild pokemon.

So... my point is I just don't see them changing or scrapping that idea anytime soon, unless maybe... they can change up the style of the cave to say, there is lava instead of water? (owo) And even more variety of wild pokemon? Orrrr they can change up Victory road entirely; sort of reminiscent of Ganon's Tower in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time, where there are different rooms, or cave paths, and for each one, you'd have to battle trainers, and solve puzzles that represent each gym badge you've acquired (eg. an ice gym badge would have an ice floor and a ice puzzle, with trainers using ice pokemon), and at the end, you'd show the gatekeeper, or whoever that very gym badge and some sort of 'thing' will be unlocked, so if you unlocked them all, you can go on ahead to the actual Elite Four.

Or something like that; that'd be cool imo!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
In terms of scenery and environment, I've always wanted victory road to be a volcano.
Something epic to give you the sense of ''Oh snap! This has to be the end of my journey'' kind of.

Then again, it's always been caves with Victory Road. Surely it would be Mt. Victory or Victory Cave if that. I'd like to see more open, able to get lost, areas in XY for victory road, kind of like what they attempted with BW2.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I really like what they've done with the Victory Road from BW2, with several paths leading to different items and areas, but not necessarily the end. Really gave the fealling of exploration.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Well I always too imagined Victory Road as a Volcano, maybe rumbling as you hit certain points of it. I'd love to see it like how it was in the old games, where you present your badges, it gives that sense of self pride.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What if Victory Road consisted of rebattling the gym leaders to prove you deserve that badge in the first place? Just a thought. I doubt they're going to change it, but if they were gonna, I think that'd be pretty neat, and it'd be a good way to rack exp points, especially if they made them rebattle-able. ...That's a new word.

I wouldn't mind the BW style again, where the music builds up. That was probably my favorite VR entry. Not my favorite VR as a whole though, but yeah.

Guy

just a guy
Years
If they had to change it, I'd be one of those who would like to see at least three different areas we'd have to go through. The first being a forest. The second being across sea. And the last being a tunnel through a volcano. Each with different directions to explore and find yourself lost a little bit. I see it as bit more of a challenge and an opportunity to battle more trainers and find new items before arriving to the actual league itself.

I'd never like to see it as a straight and short road, because I find the extra challenge and the chance to train more a good thing in preparation for the Elite 4 and the Region Champ.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I'd like to see something like a ruins, like in B2/W2. Where you can accomplish puzzles like in the older games. I just absolutely loved the boulder puzzle in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, it made you have to think about how to accomplish it to unlock the road forward. I would love to see a new puzzle in Pokémon X and Y.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Oh how I hate navigating through caves, it takes so long and even longer if you have no max repels. Please create a forest or HAUNTED HOUSE, at least then it would have some creativity.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I have decided to mash a lot of ideas here into one big idea that would never happen.

Alright, so in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, the Pokemon League and Victory Road are in an island separated from the mainland. It starts off as a medium-small sea, fighting trainers as you try to advance to the next part. Eventually the sea turns into a river and the river runs through and ends in a jungle. You navigate through the maze of trees, swinging from vine to vine to get through the gaps. The lush green starts to go away as you slowly make your way to the next part. Eventually there's no jungle and you're just surrounded by crag. You just walk through it and finally end up at an active volcano, which is a maze of tunnels with rivers of lava. You finally make it through the Victory Road and proceed through the badge check gates. In charge of each gate is the respective gym leader, who battles you with their strongest Pokemon. After finally getting though the badge check gates, you can finally take on the Elite Four.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I rather liked BW2's Victory Road, in that it wasn't just 'Lolenjoythiscave'. I liked the more open aspect of it and the going through different areas. So I'd like to see something more like that again, maybe with no caves at all. Maybe you make your through a route of varying terrain, with perhaps some water travel, and then have to climb up a big mountain to get to the E4. Or something similar, at least.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'm hoping to see something more water based, like a maze of some sort like it usually is, just any new terrain, or I'll earthquake the darn cave! xD

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
What if... Victory Road was actually inside a volcano? That would be rather interesting, something completely new and there would be Fire-type Pokémon everywhere in the cave, and then you'd also do puzzles that involve changing the lava pathways or even making the lava fall down into the floor below or something that would be really interesting. :)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I want an actual road for once, I don't want Victory Cave or Victory Mountain and certainly not Victory Maze. I just want an incredibly long straight path with some nice decorations on the side like stone pillars or Pokemon statues and trainers traversing the same road. I already spent the whole game exploring the region, I don't want to explore some incredibly long dungeon to get to the Elite Four. If you want me to explore some massive dungeon make the villain's hideout massive and confusing. Hopefully there aren't any more HM required spots after the PokeCenter that shows up after the waterfall.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I quite liked B2W2's Victory Road; although admittedly, I would like a bit of a change from the usual cave systems. I think it would be pretty cool to have Victory Road comprised of 4 main parts. (As there is 4 Elite Four Members). Each part would be based off what each member specializes in. For example, if one member were to specialize in using Water types, then one section of Victory Road would have lots of rivers, waterfalls and creeks.

Back