• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydezzal

Sarcastic Guy
Years
I could see Ninfia/Sylvion being a Bug type. Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing, but those bow-ish things kind of look like butterflies, so Bug? I dunno, to me the whole design screams Normal, so maybe just a Normal type?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Or it could just be a promotional add-on by the company that's promoting the movie(The Pokemon Company, I think?) just to make it look prettier so it could sell a lot more, cause companies are like that. u___u Not to be a killjoy or anything like that, really.
I agree. It's not as though the rainbow was added in any particular way to signify anything special. It's more or less just eye candy for the background as far as I can tell. It's too much of a reach in my opinion to say the rainbow plays any sort of significant part to Sylveon, it's typing, or its possible connection to the rest of the Eeveelutions. Honestly, I just prefer they keep it simple with this. A new Eeveelution with its own special way of evolving and its own type just like all the others.

If it's a Normal-type though...

I don't think it will be despite its relatively plain appearance, but I'm just saying, it would be slightly disappointing. Eevee to me has always been the one to cover the Normal type while its evolutions cover the more specialized types.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I thought this was cute and funny.

tumblr_mih7se8MbI1rhk4y2o1_1280.jpg

Apparently there are more Gym Leaders other than Iris and Skyla that have Ribbons and Bows in their designs XD

Love how the artist highlighted the ribbons and bows in Sylveon's colors.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I thought this was cute and funny.

Spoiler:

Apparently there are more Gym Leaders other than Iris and Skyla that have Ribbons and Bows in their designs XD

Love how the artist highlighted the ribbons and bows in Sylveon's colors.

Do you think the artist will draw a sequel for the type reveal?

Already the suspense is killing me regarding Sylveon and the fan reactions to the type they predicted right or wrong.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
They certainly chose a good Pokémon to release early.
All part of the plan. An ambiguous Eevee is type ambiguous, and it can cause the biggest buzz around a game, and we fell for it, big time. Don't mind though, cause in the end someone's gonna be right, be it the flying type or a new type. Personally still going with a new type, but not exactly love. Something more....elemental perhaps, but still a bit mystical.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Other than the legendary types, I think the Eeveelutions are the coolest and most intriguing Pokémon. The fact that Eevee can evolve seemingly into all 17 types is unheard of in other Pokémon. I still think Sylveon is Normal, due to its plain yet cute appearance. Some believe another Eeveelution is going to be released too, to coincide with each of the 2 new Pokémon games (X and Y).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps the other eeveelution will be either fighting type , or rock type if Flying, and fighting if Normal (considering Normal is only weak against fighting). Well that's if they do too. I'm hoping it's Dragon now as I'm starting to doubt we'll get another eeveelution, so might as well wrap up the special type eeveelutions now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really think it'll just be Sylveon, because it seems like if they were doing two they'd announce two at once :3 Otherwise one would get more hype than the other, imo. :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
Same. If there was going to be two and they were only going to release one before the other, then one would think they would have at least hinted at another possible new Eeveelution to be revealed in the next issue. Instead, it's said that they're going be to unveiling more details about Sylveon. At this point, I doubt there's going to be more than one new Eeveelution this generation.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Oh, I don't know about that. Don't forget there is still plenty of time for the creation and revealing of new pokemon. That and more CoroCoro scans. Time will only tell. They probably had their reasons to not hint at a possible secondary eeveelution at this time.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think it might have just been released because as you can see people go nuts for eeveelutions. :) But of course maybe it could have a new ability or something that will be unveiled first? I don't think that there will be another eeveelution, because it would be kind of silly to say "Look! Another one!" after all of this hype over just a name and a picture.

I hope next issue they give us a little bit more, please please some types so it can just be confirmed already, haha. :paranoid:

Guy

just a guy
Years
If only one thing had to come out of next month's CoroCoro, then I pray it's Sylveon's type.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Yeah I'm looking more forward to the starter evos than anything. Types of the legendaries and Sylveon make me curious too, but not as much as the Pokemon I'll use through the entire game.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
If only one thing had to come out of next month's CoroCoro, then I pray it's Sylveon's type.

There is going to be more information about Sylveon in the next issue, so, yes, the next issue will definitely show it's type, imo. Although, one might wonder why they've kept it a secret in the first place, like the new legendaries. Maybe just to build up hype for something special?

I'm still also hoping that in the next issue, they will show the official art of the new protagonists, as well as the new professor or rival. I hope that we get some colorful characters this time!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Starter evolutions won't be released until much later in my opinion. I mean, for B/W it was like, two weeks before the release and if they reveal it sooner it might kind of kill the hype/wondering that is generated by that.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Protags and Region for me again. Hell, that's all I'm going to ask for until we get them, then I'll move on. Anything else is just bonus fuel for speculation.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I imagine the rival would be shown too if the protags show up, I remember the rival and the protagonists of B2W2 were released at the same time. Hopefully we get some shots of the region, even if it's just certain cities the player is walking through.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Starter evolutions won't be released until much later in my opinion. I mean, for B/W it was like, two weeks before the release and if they reveal it sooner it might kind of kill the hype/wondering that is generated by that.

Unfortunately this means we'll be hearing "FENNIKEN IS FIRE/FIGHTING GUIZE!!!!1!!!!1!!" all the way till October...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back