• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Answer me this then... Why did EVERYONE who voted so far vote yes except for you... XD

Legendaries are Legendaries Uber or not. Metagross, Milotic, Blissey are all considered ubers, but they're not banned. Only LEGENDARIES are.
Everyone voted "Yes"? Sweet. XD

I just serriously don't understand that. Comparing Kyogre with Azelf is like comparing Azelf with Gliscor. That's a huge difference.

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
But that's not what "Yes" meant originally, and he didn't specify the change. He just said "Why did everyone else vote 'Yes'?"

Years
Everyone voted "Yes"? Sweet. XD

I just serriously don't understand that. Comparing Kyogre with Azelf is like comparing Azelf with Gliscor. That's a huge difference.

Kyogre with Azelf - Both Legendaries

Azelf with Gliscor - Legendary vs Non-Legendary but Gliscor still wins.

Basically saying that you're still fighting a legendary.

If you allowed Azelf people would start saying how there's a legendary and that the rest should be allowed and it's not fair. So if you just left out ALL legendaries then people won't cry and scream if they're going up against a Kyogre or Mewtwo.

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Kyogre with Azelf - Both Legendaries

Azelf with Gliscor - Legendary vs Non-Legendary but Gliscor still wins.

Basically saying that you're still fighting a legendary.

If you allowed Azelf people would start saying how there's a legendary and that the rest should be allowed and it's not fair. So if you just left out ALL legendaries then people won't cry and scream if they're going up against a Kyogre or Mewtwo.
Using "Legendary" as your only comparison is really shallow. How about using things like power, endurance, and overall usefullness?

That wouldn't happen for a very long time if ever. Banning Ubers rather than Legendaries has been around for quite a long time, and I don't think it would ever weaken to an acceptance of all legendaries.

You could also say the same about your argument. If the weak legendaries are banned, then suddenly the strongest pokémon, like Salamance, would be frowned apon and might even be banned. It goes both ways.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
Salamence isn't the strongest. There are stronger. Salamence may have slightly more attack power, but Garchomp has more speed and can learn Outrage, and gets STAB from Earthquake.

But I digress. The decision has been made, no point in disputing it any further.

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Pokémon was meant to be plural, btw. I should've put "one of" in front of it.

I know that it won't change anything. I still felt like saying that anyway.

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
So all legendaries are in now?

WTF? Count me out. NOW.
Two things:

1. All legends were NEVER allowed in this tournament, it was just the non-Uber ones.

2.The ban on all legendaries is now back

Pay attention.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Sure. Here are the ones I considered allowing:

Articuno
Moltres
Zapdos
Suicune
Entei
Raikou
Celebi
Regice
Regirock
Registeel
Jirachi
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Heatran
Cresselia
Regigigas
Manaphy
Phione
Shaymin

And here are the ones that would not have been allowed under any circumstances:

Mewtwo
Mew
Lugia
Ho-oh
Latias
Latios
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Darkrai
Arceus

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
Years
I'm still out though. My team definitally needs more fine tuning and I have alot more things to to the rest of this summer, so I won't have time for this tourney either.

Years
Hmm... but still the legendary birds and dogs... I battle on NetBattle and see them used a lot, same with Celebi. The Regis each have their own individual good stats. Regice Sp. Def, Regirock Def...

Bah... I'd rather just not have legendaries as even the non-uber ones are still tough to beat sometimes.

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
Years
I'd preferable have no Leggies, nor Ubers in this tournament, it sucks kinda...

BTW, Latios / Latias are LEGENDARIES, not Ubers, they're only Uber if they hold Soul Dew.

AiR.B

Wins/318 - Losses/41
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 3, 2007
Personally I use legendaries in battle. Not much anymore as I have too many pokemon and like to alternate but I only use non-ubers. Despite that, I feel that legendaries should still be banned from this tournament and on that note, Tyranitar too as it is now uber due to the sandstorm boost in sp.def.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
Years
Why is everyone referring to themselves in the first person? XD

Anyways, if I had to do an official vote,I would say no Legendaries. But seeing as how I came up against a Cresselia and massacred it, I don't really care one way or another.

But if anything, make a limit on how many legendaries can be on one team. Like two, or even one. I don't mind facing a Cresselia, but I do slightly mind facing a Cresselia, Azelf, Jirachi, Entei, Zapdos, Regice all on the same team. That would just be ridiculous.

Back