The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


View Poll Results: New Name?
Pokemon Legend: Mewtwo 1 50.00%
Pokemon - Mewtwo's Legend 0 0%
Pokemon M 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old June 21st, 2013, 03:03 AM
tommyger's Avatar
tommyger
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Gender: Male
This Project is dead......................

Last edited by tommyger; October 21st, 2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Could you please delete my thread? Thanks in advance
  #2    
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:47 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
so is this a rehash of red/blue with a little change? I'm not sure I get whats going on here
also, how do you see over 1000? there exists 649-800 pokemon, are you going to make 200 or so fakemon?

how are you going to implement 6 regions? is this going to be the "one pokemon game we all have dreamed of" where you start in one region and then go to every other region? how would it fit in story wise? are you planning on making it a post game event? where you finish all the main story stuff and then can travel to another region?
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Finally, someone on here gets it.
  #3    
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:52 AM
The Glitch's Avatar
The Glitch
Glitch in the System.
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Glitch
6/8 regions?!
I can safetly say that's waaay too much.
I was talking about this to someone yesterday, they were only having 3 regions.

Ideally you only need 2 regions, unless you plan to up the maximum level of pokemon from 100, to something higher.
__________________
Head of The Elemental Union!
The Golden Sun Club!
  #4    
Old June 22nd, 2013, 03:55 AM
tommyger's Avatar
tommyger
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
so is this a rehash of red/blue with a little change? I'm not sure I get whats going on here
also, how do you see over 1000? there exists 649-800 pokemon, are you going to make 200 or so fakemon?

how are you going to implement 6 regions? is this going to be the "one pokemon game we all have dreamed of" where you start in one region and then go to every other region? how would it fit in story wise? are you planning on making it a post game event? where you finish all the main story stuff and then can travel to another region?
For me there exist till now 649 but what i mean with see over 1000 is mostly in different forms.
I gonna add an example screenshot soon.
About the regions i answer after the next quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
6/8 regions?!
I can safetly say that's waaay too much.
I was talking about this to someone yesterday, they were only having 3 regions.

Ideally you only need 2 regions, unless you plan to up the maximum level of pokemon from 100, to something higher.
About regions:
I dont plan to let the player run through every route and every City.
The Story is about to play in every region include past regions but not in every place
The maximum Level will be 100.



VI. Credits


Using Pokemon Essentials by Poccil

I dont write down which files i use when found.
If you see something that is made by you and you want to claim your credits dont answer with "YOU STOLE IT" "GIVE ****ING CREDITS A**HOLE". Just message me via Forum PM and i gonna add your Name in Credits if you can prove that its made by you.
But mostly i dont steal it. Mostly everything is made by Gamefreak. Everything else i gonna credit.

Thanks for understand

Last edited by tommyger; June 22nd, 2013 at 06:05 AM.
  #5    
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyger View Post
VI. Credits


Using Pokemon Essentials by Poccil

I dont write down which files i use when found.
If you see something that is made by you and you want to claim your credits dont answer with "YOU STOLE IT" "GIVE ****ING CREDITS A**HOLE". Just message me via Forum PM and i gonna add your Name in Credits if you can prove that its made by you.
But mostly i dont steal it. Mostly everything is made by Gamefreak. Everything else i gonna credit.

Thanks for understand
Are you using the version of Essentials from September 2010, or one even earlier than that? I assume it's one of those because you didn't credit me, who has been working on it since then.
__________________
  #6    
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Female
Hello, I like the battles, especially moving sprites... I envy that, since I don't have that in my game (would I like to, maybe!) But I don't right now... None the less, I don't understand the screenshots on why some are colour, then all of a sudden your character is black and white, in a colour game then goes to Red and Blue graphics... Odd... But my thoughts are, you switch back and forth through time... Anyway, seems interesting, I may give it a go if a release is made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
6/8 regions?!
I can safetly say that's waaay too much.
I was talking about this to someone yesterday, they were only having 3 regions.

Ideally you only need 2 regions, unless you plan to up the maximum level of pokemon from 100, to something higher.
I did see your comment about that... I don't agree, I had 5 regions in my past game, all playable... All fitted well, until my HD died ... So anyone who says it's too much, it's because they are either lazy or haven't got the ideas to do it themselves... If you want 8 or 4 or 12... If you can do it, go ahead... Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, I for one would like to see how someone else does this since when I made it, it wasn't bad at all, I'd like to see this by playing myself.

Good luck.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Are you using the version of Essentials from September 2010, or one even earlier than that? I assume it's one of those because you didn't credit me, who has been working on it since then.
I didn't read the credits, but that's a valid point made... I'd feel a little used.
  #7    
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
tommyger's Avatar
tommyger
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Gender: Male
I didnt checked latest Pokemon News but seems like the new Movie is named like this: Pokemon Movie 16 - Extreme Speed Genesect and Mewtwo's Awakening

So i gonna change the name to something different.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Are you using the version of Essentials from September 2010, or one even earlier than that? I assume it's one of those because you didn't credit me, who has been working on it since then.
Hey, im using Version 11 from 23rd December, 2012 with mixed features from Version 12.
I gonna credit you of course.

I just wrote down that i would prefer a privat message because i dont want to have this thread full of requests on getting the credits.
If anyone can prove its his of course i gonna add the credits. Not a big deal. and if anyone say: Hey, i did this and i dont want that you add it in your game because i didnt allowed it, then its ok too. Then i gonna replace it with something else or doing my own thing somehow.

I know that you worked on that. Saw on some threads.

Using Pokemon Essentials by Poccil and Maruno


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
Hello, I like the battles, especially moving sprites... I envy that, since I don't have that in my game (would I like to, maybe!) But I don't right now... None the less, I don't understand the screenshots on why some are colour, then all of a sudden your character is black and white, in a colour game then goes to Red and Blue graphics... Odd... But my thoughts are, you switch back and forth through time... Anyway, seems interesting, I may give it a go if a release is made


I did see your comment about that... I don't agree, I had 5 regions in my past game, all playable... All fitted well, until my HD died ... So anyone who says it's too much, it's because they are either lazy or haven't got the ideas to do it themselves... If you want 8 or 4 or 12... If you can do it, go ahead... Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, I for one would like to see how someone else does this since when I made it, it wasn't bad at all, I'd like to see this by playing myself.

Good luck.

EDIT:

I didn't read the credits, but that's a valid point made... I'd feel a little used.

Yeah, you will be able to switch through time means Black and white time (Red Blue Green) and normal time and 3D Time (B/W, DP)
About the animated sprites, it was mostly a "Test".
I decided to remove them because it makes the game damn laggy. But i added Animated sprites to event Pokemon.


Thread Changelog:

Edited first thread complete

23.06.2013 Edit.:

New Screenshots


New Video


Beta Run / Bug Search|Fix - 2x Speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM_M0zqmXmc

Last edited by tommyger; June 22nd, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
  #8    
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:11 AM
tommyger's Avatar
tommyger
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Added

III_2 Features Past, Present & Future




Demo Release between 27.06.2013 and 28.06.2013
  #9    
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:52 PM
Superalexiy's Avatar
Superalexiy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
What happened to this project I like the idea hope you are still doing it- don't understand why people flip at when they hear 3+ regions if they don't like it they shouldn't play it and about mewtwo and how that is confirmed to be a mega form will you incorporate all mega forms or even some 6th gen evolutions
  #10    
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:32 AM
GFA's Avatar
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oberlin College
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
You have never spelled Johto correctly. It is Johto. Not Jotho.
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.