• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need some help with my team.

Spidey

Whovian.
Years
This is currently my team, let me no what you think and please give me some tips etc. because this is my first competitive team and I'm still pretty new to everything. xD

I'm thinking of throwing out my Metagross because up 'till now he's not really usefull or anything, any suggestions for a replacement?

091.png

Cloyster (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

272_ludicolo_front_norm.png

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

609.png

Chandelure (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Hex
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

SnorlaxShinySprite.gif

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 128 HP / 156 Atk / 140 Def / 84 SDef
- Yawn
- Protect
- Focus Punch
- Crunch

376.png

Metagross (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Clear Body
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Earthquake

472.png

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Def / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
Hiya! Lets see how i can help...

091.png

EVs: 48 [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]HP[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shel

First off, you spelled Shell Wrong :)

Anyway, Its a standard Shell Smash-a-lot set, i guess thats pretty good, uh White Herb im not sure if thats a good idea, i'd try sash just in case they carry a move that would 1hko, so you can just attack them and sweep the next turn after the smash. But if the herb has made a difference, than keep it, thats up to You. Its a standard, set, so i dont have much to say on improving other than item issues

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
- Swords [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Dance[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
- Waterfall
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

I applaud your usage of Ludicolo, not only is he pretty bulky, but hes a nice physical sweeper. Now, i will say that there are better sweepers than Ludicolo at doing his job, and i reccomend him as a wall, but thats just me. I dont really have much else to say because ive never used him...So yeah that

Ok im too lazy to put your team members in quotes, so i'll just say what i have to say.

Chandalure, Scrap Hex, just give it shadow ball, i dont think toxic hex is a good idea, just because it takes 2 turns and chandey is too frail for it.

Snorlax, wtf? No offense, but ive never seen this set, that can either be good or bad, depending on how good the custom set is, but it doesn't seem like it gets good coverage. I reccomend curselax, it works like a charm. Or stocklax, that works good too so you can ram out powerfull body slams while taking absolutley no damage whatsover, than rest it all up

Im gonna let someone else talk about your metagross replacement, because i have absolutley no clue

Gliscor, i have nothign to say either

Well you asked for stuff about metagross replacement, but i gave you crap about your other teammates, sorry :P

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
091.png

- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

This set is fine. I prefer Naive, Life Orb and Hydro Pump over Razor Shell as RS is weak as hell and cant OHKO things like Magnezone etc. Up to you though.

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Ludicolo is kinda pointless outside of Rain, however i guess its cool in that it 4x resists water and so is a good weapon against foe rain.
609.png

Chandelure (M) @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Pain Split / Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Sub Chandelure is its best set in that it wrecks special walls with Pain Split and substitute is an amazing scouting move and gives you the heads up against common switch ins.

SnorlaxShinySprite.gif

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 6 Def
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit / Crunch

Offensive Snorlax tanks over stuff better. Body Slam and EQ for coverage. Pursuit for Latibroken switching out or you can use Crunch for Jellicent. Fire Punch for steels like Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forry and Skarm. Thick Fat is better.
376.png

- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Earthquake

Ok.

472.png

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Gliscor needs his defense evs this gen in order to counter Excadrill and Landorus well, the latter is the reason for Ice Fang aswell as dragons. Taunt helps with stall etc.

Ok corrections in bold.

You lack Stealth Rock currently and have Chandelure to block Rapid Spin so you could look into Spikes too as they allow Cloyster to gain many KO's such as on Ferrothorn. Skarmory might work nicely over Metagross and covers Haxorus nicely too who is an ass lol.

Snorelacks

- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

Not much to say here, this is standard and effective.

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Like Dark Azelf said, there are better physical sweepers than Ludicolo (Especially considering its higher Special Attack). Ludicolo can be a good wall that annoys the heck out of your opponent (Giga Drain/Leech Seed/Drain Punch/Ice Beam or Hydro Pump @ Big Root/Leftovers with different EVs and Rain Dish). Generally speaking, there are better Pokemon out there than Ludicolo.
609.png

Chandelure (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Hex
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Scrap Toxic, Scrap Hex. It takes two turns and Chandelure can't stall anything (Five Weaknesses and relative frailty). Besides, why run Toxic over Will-O-Wisp (if you for some reason use that set)? Use Shadow Ball, use Overheat/Fire Blast, HP Fighting works fine. SubSplit is also good, as is Choice Specs.Also, Flash Fire>>>Flame Body.

SnorlaxShinySprite.gif

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 128 HP / 156 Atk / 140 Def / 84 SDef
- Yawn
- Protect
- Focus Punch
- Crunch

No. Nonononono. Who the heck gave you the idea for this set? I mean, I get the strategy, but first of all, Yawn is a phazing move, not a sleeping move. You're going to be wasting Protect and giving them a free turn to switch out. Yawn is only viable as a sleeping move on something with a trapping ability (Hey Dugtrio, you stink!) which means that it's not viable as a sleeping move. Focus Punch and Protect are built off of the strategy that you can use Yawn as a sleeping move (and you can't!). It's better to stick with the usual set (Dark Azelf already mentioned it).
376.png

- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Earthquake

Nothing to say here. Bullet Punch could be used over Meteor Mash or Agility to stop the fast and the furious (Most notably Weavile and Archeops because of weakness). Don't replace it, it's one of the best members of your team.

472.png

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Def / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake [QUOTE/]

I would have said the exact same things Dark Azelf said. Listen to him on this one.

Good job overall. I wish you luck with your team.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
All of your Pokemon take neutral damage from Dark type attacks, save Chandelure who takes super effective damage. So Hydreigon might be a problem for your team if Gliscor is gone. Plus, Hydreigon can bypass Cloysters defense, deal with Metagross with Fire Blast, Snorlax with Focus Blast, and Ludicolo if it has U-Turn. You could even replace Ludicolo with a Fighting type like Conkeldurr or Lucario or Infernape, or something I guess. I don't know. I'm not in a very good mood so if my suggestions are just ridiculous then completely disregard this. ;( Also, I don't know if people still do this, but I think CurseLax is viable?

Anyway, Metagross likes Bullet Punch > Zen Headbutt (or even Stealth Rock > Zen Headbutt) for the STAB priority. Also, invest 252 EVs into Gliscor's HP. I don't think I mentioned anything that wasn't already said. Sorry about that. I'll come back later and edit this with an actual rate if I get the chance.

Good job on this team though. Well thought out and constructed.
Best of luck to you.

Back