• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru grinned. This Haru seemed to be a cool guy. He thought he was even cooler when he noticed his yellow arm band. "You're in the Raiku dorm too? " He chuckled. "I am too. Apparently I would've been in Entei, but I bombed the written portion of the exam." Haru wasn't the best of test takers. He knew his stuff, but when he tries to take a test his mind blanks out. "I could lead you to the dorm. I think we could room together if you want. Someone else has already chosen one bed, but there's another one free." He smiled and decided to release the socially skilled members of the team, namely Dutchess, Torch, Twitch, and Void.

The four members of his team stood there with pride. He would've released Geronimo, but he couldn't risk him going beserk and attacking somebody. He still couldn't forgive himself for letting Kayla get hurt. Torch and Twitch began to walk towards the mess hall, Void at a sprint, and Dutchess sprinting after him with a happy expression. I've released hell on the academy...He thought to himself.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
"Th-that'd be cool," Haru managed to stammer out of shock. He had no idea that he was talking to another member of the Raikou dorm. Then again he never bothered to ask. It made him realize that it was going to take a lot more effort to socialize with the people here at the academy. Even if no one but Hatake really took the time to say hello to him... "They were busy, I guess, and they kinda just threw this band on me and wished me the best of luck."

As if his own pokemon weren't enough, Hatake decided to call out a few of his own pokemon. And as soon as two of them started to dart off he knew that Kaiser was going to inevitably follow after them. "Kaiser, no!!" Haru called out to his pokemon, but the Growlithe didn't comply, "Why do I bother." Hopefully this place offered obedience school...

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Gwen Deallus

Spoiler:

"So... What is it exactly that's going on in here?" asked Indigo, while he looked around the room.

Gwen raised and eyebrow at him and waited for a moment before answering.

"It's thanksgiving."

She motioned with her fork towards a bustling queue of people and watched for a moment as a boy pushed in, much to the indignation of those behind him.

"There's a line for food over there, I'm guessing that's why most people are here. I am here because everyone else is here."

Her answer was blunt and matter-of-fact, although she meant nothing by it.

Gwen pushed her fork into her mashed potatoes and watched it slowly tilt until it touched the plate. She hadn't actually eaten any of it yet, she had got it more to have an excuse to sit down.

"I'm not that hungry actually, but I figured if I sat here long enough, then the seats would all fill up and someone would be forced to sit next to me. Then I would have an excuse to start a conversation, use my wit and charm to befriend them, and convince them to give me a guided tour of the academy."

Amused, Gwen watched Indigo for a reaction to this odd statement.

"I'm joking. I simply needed somewhere to go until later, and the dorms were empty. The food isn't bad either. That said, a guided tour would be pretty good, I got lost on my way to the dorms earlier... but I guess you wouldn't be much help as a guide as you got lost too."

She fell silent, and resumed using her fork to prod at her food thoughtfully.

After a short while she sighed and added jokingly: "I shall have to intimidate someone else into being my guide."

Abandoning her food once again she looked up at Indigo
"So, what dorm are you in? I know where the Raikou dorms are, but apart from that I can't help you."

Last edited:

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years
Cecil looked down. He looked sad, but he was really just thinking about where to go. He definitely doesn't wanna go back to the forest. Even though it's his favorite place so far, who knows what'll ambush Cecil next. "Hmmm," said Cecil. He looked up and took a deep breath before he spoke. "What about...i don't know...I guess some shopping in Oak Town? It's not like we've got anything else to do in here, and it's pretty late so we can go shopping and then tomorrow, we can maybe...go adventure around someplace? I mean...it's all up to you guys what we're gonna do," suggested Cecil.

He looked over at his Haunters. Wait a minute, since when did he have two Haunters?! Cecil rubbed his eyes to make sure this wasn't any crazy mind-trick. Cecil looked again at the two and stared in astonishment. soon he began to remember Zora's pokemon. She had a Zorua. "Very funny," Cecil smiled and rolled his eyes at the asinine pokemon.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt "Wyvern" Leon Bellerose
After taking note of what the others said about it possibly getting too dangerous Wyatt vigoursly nodded his head in agreement with the others, before slowly moving to the exit. "Although it may get dangerous we can protect each other" he said truthfully and besides, he couldn't wait to see what Thanksgiving dinner would be like because his parents never bothered with that kind of thing. His hunger almost drove him to run the whole way back, ahead of the others, but his physically tired body seemed to go against this. "Sure, let's dig in before it's too late" he said walking out of the cove without looking back at the others. If he could spend his time with Orange, Jay, Evie and his own pokemon, he could surely have a better time at the Academy.

Seeing crocodile-like footprints in the sand reminded him of his companion Neptune, and instead of shouting for him, Wyatt whistled a sharp note that seemed to echo and sure enough the Totodile emerged from the water just outside of the cove, looking half-bored and half tired. Wyatt retrieved Neptune back to his pokeball and turned back to the others

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
"S-Sure thing Cecil let's go to Oak Town" Zora said shyly to Cecil before she noticed that her Zorua had transformed into a Haunter and she swiftly grabbed hers. She knew it was hers because her hand didn't go through it when she grabbed it. Zorua giggled lightly and jumped onto Zoras shoulder and Mudkip had jumped from the floor to the table then laid down on Zoras head. Snorunt had fallen off when Mudkip jumped onto her head.

"Guys I think I might just go to my dorm. Maybe we could meet at the beach tomorrow then chill?" I said and yawned loudly. Dewott had started to throw it's scallop into the air and caught it then kept it in the air using a slight torrent of water. Lulu was staring at the Dewott in awe and giggled lightly. Pikachu had fallen asleep on my head and I smiled softly and looked around not seeing anything interesting except for my two new friends.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia smiled even more as Mark just seemed the most relaxed she had seen him all day. It was nice, very nice. She could see his blush and giggled as he talked about his mom and his early life. He even thanked her which was nice. She smiled, "It's what friends do right? I mean, you're a friend and I'm sure you would do the same for me." She continued to walk with him. "Well... with my own childhood I have always been around Scizor's. It's just my parents way of protecting me." She said with a chuckle. "I guess I know Scizor's as well as any insect lover, so I guess if I wanted to make a team of Scizor it could be done." She giggled as Roberto just sighed.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"Hehe, of course! I'm known to be pretty charismatic so if your having a bad day I'll be around! I don't think I'm all that great at solving other's problems... but I'll be there to listen at least if that's the most you need. I think I owe you that much at least." Mark said. The day was already turning out to be much better now just being with Lucia. She sure was a natural...

"Well I know Scizors are very powerful Pokemon. A steel and bug type is something I'm sure they would take pride in!... you know I've often considered the possibility of being a Gym Leader someday... maybe a ghost type Gym Leader? It'd be cool to be looked up to by everyone in town. If your a Gym Leader then everybody will pretty much know your name. Haha. I'm sure Snype would appreciate that. He absolutely loves attention." Mark said, daydreaming at the thought.

"Wonder if they're celebrating Thanksgiving back at the campus? Eh. I'm not too interested to be honest but if you wanna go up there I'll follow along."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru laughed. "Come on! We don't want to be late for dinner!" He began to run after Void and made sure that Windsong was following him. He called out behind him. "I've heard the food here is great! Especially the bacon!" He laughed at the memory of stuffing his face with the greasy pork in front of Holly....Good times. When he entered the mess hall, he spotted Void in the kitchen. "Dear Arceus...What have I done?" Before anyone could notice, he joined the other three at the edge of a table. "Care to join me?" He called out to Windsong.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Lucia nodded at Mark's answer. It was nice to know she had a friend here now, one that was there for her. It would be a good relationship to have with Mark after all! Friends helping each other and keeping each other up and about. What more could she ask for? Well, maybe for a legendary pokemon, but other than that this was the best thing that could happen for her at the moment. Sure the other boys at the academy were naive and very bothersome, but Mark was just the best boy she had met so far!

"Yeah! A ghost type gym leader would be the thing for you!" She said with a firm nod. "I bet you could do it real easily. I heard that there is a place for ghosts on campus, you could try there. Find some ghost types and bond with them. Show the whole academy how good you are at it you know? I bet you could get Morty to even look your direction! Think about it, you could be a gym apprentice and that would open so many doors for you!" She beamed, "It would give you a steady paying job and show you how to act as a gym leader if you became one, but as for the dinner, we don't need to go. It's nice out here." She smiled up at the sky, "Darkness is the element for ghosts and ghost training trainers, right?" She asked with a grin.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Infirmary

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Mana drags Kilik into the infirmary. When did she become the leader? Whatever, they're here to see Valorie. Mana asked the nurse which room she was in. Once again, Kilik is dragged by Mana into Valorie's room. Picture them as chibi Kilik & chibi Mana at this moment. Hilarious! Valorie seemed to be doing okay at this point. How long has she been here so far? Not long later, Drake made an appearance into the room. Looks as if he was finished with that errand.

"So how you holding up, Valorie? Feeling any better?" Kilik asked. Kiyoko was still nowhere to be seen. Obviously still in Valorie's scarf, as usual. How much longer 'til Kilik asks Mana that question?

What are you?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
Haru hesitantly nodded as he sat opposite of Hatake. Since his pokemon already prepared him a plate of his own food he decided to passively eat a roll while waiting for someone else to speak up. He knew he thought to himself how much more effort he needed to put into interaction, but putting it into practice was much more intimidating. Looking for something to focus on, the boy's eyes darted from place-to-place looking for something static to stare into space at. Unable to find anything, he peered out the closest window.

At first it looked like a pretty serene view of a mountain, but as his eyes looked up the formation he realized it plateaued. There was also a familiar-looking black smoke that even darkened that night's sky. It was the island's volcano. Haru's face was struck with shock and a small hint of disgust as the realization hit him. Of all the places... I wind up in a new place with a similar horizon, he thought to himself. The crisp crust was the only protection the roll in Haru's hand had from being fully crushed. It still cried out a little while under the pressure of Haru's grip.

"Kirlia!!" Luna cried as a sudden, audible thump sounded behind Haru. Caught off-guard, the boy turned to see what was going on. At the same time, Luna leaped for the boy and clung to his back with her arms around his neck. The sudden jerk caused him to fully grip and crush the roll in his hand. Almost irritable enough to scold her, he was stopped by a small rumbling that tingled a small area of his back.

Haru sighed as it came to him: she was hungry. He should have figured that all the work she was doing would do this. She wasn't the only one. Icarus started to stir and lightly pecked the top of the boy's head. Kaiser, again reunited with his trainer from nowhere, was lightly tugging on his pant leg. "Yeah yeah..." Haru snickered slightly to himself as he reached behind for Luna. Picking her up, Haru maneuvered her onto one of his legs (she was just tall enough to be able to place her arms flat onto the table). dropping his crushed roll, he handed the Kirlia one of the ears of corn. Icarus was next. Picking him up and placing him onto the table, the boy handed him a roll and watched for a second as he nipped at it a couple times. Finally, he grabbed the turkey leg on the plate and lowered it for Kaiser. Kaiser snatched it from his trainer's hand and took no time sinking his teeth into it by the boy's feet (Haru wasn't very sure how exactly they got his food, so he was fine with letting it go into what might have held it).

With all three of his pokemon temporarily pacified while eating, he casually sipped from the cup of cider. That, a few rolls and an ear of corn would be enough to satisfy his hunger for now. His appetite was shot from the sight of the volcano.

Megaman765

Years
Being a Gym Leader apprentice wouldn't be too bad... especially Morty. Johto wasn't too far of a content as the others so Mark figured he could do a bit of traveling there and maybe get a Job somewhere nearby after he graduated... seemed like a pretty good plan for the future! Little did Lucia know that Mark had already bonded with the ghosts at that particular place she was talking about. Lucia didn't seem interested in going to dinner. Guess she was content with spending time with Mark which made him happy.

"...ha, yeah. I do enjoy night time alot. Even though it might not be the safest of times, its still a pretty wonderful time of the day... Actually, I remember somewhere up the mountains I found this great spot with a friend of mine. It had a patch of Lum berries and we even talked about making a secret base up there someday. Wonder how it would look up there at night? Heh. Guess it'd be worth a look sometime if the weather is good enough." Mark said.

"Speaking of which, that place for ghosts? I've actually been there! And I'm way ahead of you on the whole bonding thing! Hehe. Snype has a few friends over there. They actually were pretty hostile awhile back but thanks to a friend of mine and Snype they actually calmed down quite a bit. Most of the ghosts down there are a bunch of little pranksters but just because they're a bit nicer dosn't mean they'll be any easier to catch." Mark continued.

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years
Cecil Vargas:In the cafeteria

Cecil felt slightly dissapointed in the fact that Rafael had to leave, but he understood that Rafael was sleepy since he looked pretty drowsy. Cecil looked at Rafael and smiled. "Okay, so the beach it is! Well we should be heading out now! I'll pick somethin up for you," said Cecil as he turned to face Zora. Perhaps this whole friendship thing wasn't as hard as Cecil assumed it would be. He felt his shyness fade little by little as he began to meet new people and new pokemon. "well...I guess we'll...see ya later," said Cecil.He called Haunter to his side and pushed his seat in. He began to stroll out of the cafeteria expecting Zora to follow along.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
As Shawn waited in line, he heard bits and pieces of a conversation at a nearby table. Straining to hear, he heard the following:

"...Lugia dorm? Is it safe to go there?"
"No way would I go there...its haunted!"
"Well, I need a ghost-type to go with my team..."
"Too dangerous! Your best bet for a good pokemon may be in the forest..."

Shawn's mind started wondering about the old dorm and why was it so dangerous to go there. It hadn't been used in years, it looked like. Why were people so, scared of exploring it? Maybe someone would have to take the initiative and look around the Lugia dorm, he thought as a smirk came across his face. Maybe tonight...

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru pretended to ignore Void tearing throughout the kitchen with angry cooks behind him and payed for attention to the pokemon next to him. Twitch was nonchalantly eating a roll, taking a nibble here or there. Torch was tearing into an entire turkey. His hunger couldn't be satiated any other way. Dutchess was slurping into a soup with lady-like manners. Haru laughed. They were enjoying the feast as well.

"Time to get me a plate." He stood up and went to the various stations. When he returned to the table, he had two plates: One had an ungodly amount of mashed potatos and the other with a large amount of turkey. "Let's dig in!" He picked up a fork and began to eat.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent & Charlie Fitzpatrick
Academy Grounds

Jimmy grunted as Rosalyn explained the situation. She didn't look okay, and the boy could tell she was having a headache. Bryce stood silent, while Jimmy put a hand on Rosalyn's right shoulder. Charlie looked at them, puzzled. He did not know the names of the kids, and for one second he thought the Raikou Dorm boy was the one who tried to take the Egg, but when the boy placed his hand on his friend's shoulder, he was glad he didn't jump to any conclusions. The Suicune Dorm kid was the 'bad guy', it seemec.

"It's okay, I got this." Jimmy whispered.

Charlie looked at them, puzzled. He did not know the names of the kids, and for one second he thought the Raikou Dorm boy was the one who tried to take the Egg, but when the boy placed his hand on his friend's shoulder, he was glad he didn't jump to any conclusions. The Suicune Dorm kid was the 'bad guy', it seemec. Bryce smirked and chuckled, and the rebellious-looking teenager glanced at him for a few seconds before turning his head to face the adult who had just arrived at the scene. He cleared his throat and proceeded to speak.

"Well, I was walking down the hallways, looking for someone, when this punk came outta nowhere and-"

"Whoa, kid, calm down." Charlie said, upsetting Jimmy a little bit, "Take a deep breath, relax, and then speak. Then I'll talk to the other-"

The counselor was interrupted by Biff, who started to bark and growl. Both Charlie and Jimmy turned around. Bryce, the Suicune Dorm bully, had already left the scene, sneaky as an Ekans. Charlie looked confused, while Jimmy's eyes were burning with rage. That cowardly Ekans... he thought, I'll show him someday! He's gonna regret having ticked me off!

Alice Crenshaw
Entei Dorm

It all felt like a very blissful dream. Feeling on top of the world, lying on a very comfortable cloud, Alice felt something on her lips. It felt like when somebody kissed her cheeks...only that it was on her lips! With her eyes closed and her cheeks as red as they could be, she pulled her kisser closer and returned the kiss in a passionate way. After five seconds the pulled back, feeling something inside her mouth, which prompted her to open her eyes.

"Oh, m-m-m-my..."

RoxaAfter opening her eyes, she realised it was very real. Roxas was the kisser, and she looked away from him.

"Th-th-that was...um...eh, wow!" she said timidly, still with the pill in her mouth, not sure whether to swallow it or not.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Lucia smiled as Mark talked about his past. Lucia had never constructed a secret base herself, but apparently they were a really big things with other kids. You could put stuff up there and if it was up in the mountains then you could see the stars much better than from the city that was for sure. When he did talk about the other ghosts she chuckled, "See! You have a gift! It not something everyone can do, talk down a room full of ghosts into obeying for a bit. You just have that nature to do so, something Arceus blessed you with." She glanced around at the town, "It seems to be emptying around here, no doubt everyone is at home by now. There won't be any lines anywhere." She said happily.

"Hey Mark, you know, you're really one of the first boys I have talked to that didn't belong to one of my father's clients. They tend to be horribly immature at times you know." She shook her head, "I just needed to get away you know?" She looked up at the sky once more, "I never can see the stars from Saffron. Once it gets darker then I'm sure I'll see a ton..."

Roberto followed after the two, and with each sentence they spoke to each other the bug type grew more and more tense. He had to interrupt this somehow, and quickly.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Indigo Wave - The Cafeteria

Indigo stared at Gwen rather awkwardly. Thanksgiving...? What was that...? He'd certainly never heard of it before, whatever the case. Why hadn't his parents ever mentioned it? Or Bright? Heck, not even Cyan had said anything! Why /was/ that?

"I have to admit... I don't think I've ever celebrated Thanksgiving before." Indigo admitted sheepishly.

Indigo followed the line from Gwen's fork to the queue and didn't even to bother to wait for her to finish her sentence before looking back at her.
He didn't know if her matter-of-fact way of answering was meant to be insulting or if that was just the way the girl talked. In indication to no one but himself that he would not be going to get food, Indigo pulled the pair of goggles he was wearing off and placed them on the table, raising an eyebrow. When Gwen 'admitted' to simply waiting for someone to show her around, Indigo couldn't help but chuckle, his eyebrow remaining raised at the astoundingly blunt statement. This facial expression didn't change much at all after Gwen had revoked her previous sentence and begun anew with her true intentions. Gwen had a nice sense of humour at least, or so it seemed to Indigo.

"Well, I don't know about using me as a guide is such a good idea..." he began drily "...but your wit and charm has certainly gotten me interested in you."

So Gwen had gotten lost too? It seems Indigo wasn't the only person around here who had problems with navigation. He watched Gwen poke at her food and tilted his head.

"You're really not that hungry? You've been poking at that stuff for a while now."

Indigo hadn't thought about getting back to his dorm at all. When Gwen mentioned about finding a way back, he immediately started to panic mentally. In the dark? No way was he going to be able to do that alone. Pulling out his map, Indigo noted the location of his dorm.

"I'm Suicune dorm. I really don't know why they bother having these separate dorms anyway. We're all pokémon trainers, right? Why not let us all sleep together?"

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
The town was indeed pretty empty. Still fairly bright but still mostly empty. Most of the students were probably at the Cafeteria. It'd be perfect to shop around a bit more assuming nothing was closed. It was thanksgiving after all! The rest of the stores that Mark might have planned to go to may have been closed... guess that didn't leave them much else to do around town.

Lucia mentioned Mark being one of the first boys she talked to that wasn't totally immature. He didn't think that he was a rare kind of thing, surely there were alot of nice boys but then again, maybe that was just a crowd he always avoided. Mentioned that she really just had to get away from it all. Mark's heart was pounding suddenly. He didn't even know why but he just got struck by nervousness for a second.

"Y-yeah... I'm sure you'd get a good view out in the fields or up at the place I mentioned... I guess I'm in the same boat since I'm from Celedon. I never saw every single star in the sky before with all of the bright lights..." Mark said.

Back