• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] gl̸̛i̸t̀c̶̢h̵̀

moments.

quixotic
Years
some of the highlights from when my old gallery ended and now

morbidsheepcrop.png

burnvictim.png

porterhouse1.png

whale.png

elipsis.png

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
those are amazing. i love how you have your own art style.
i like how in each one, a color stands out which makes it nice.
you should try adding text to see what it looks like.
one thing i would work on is try not making it too dark, but that might be your style.
can't wait to see more.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Those textures and colors are just so intense in the most amazing way. I love how obscure and dark the themes are without deliberately using generic imagery.

I think this particular piece stands out the most to me. The detail and placement is very powerful, I just can't make out what the text says... although it looks great!

This one, while I love the subject, doesn't seem as strong as your other pieces. However, it's still fantastic in and of itself.

You should really post a revamp of your old gallery. I've never seen it, but I'd love to after seeing all this! Your work is fantastic, please post more of it! :]

moments.

quixotic
Years
those are amazing. i love how you have your own art style.
i like how in each one, a color stands out which makes it nice.
you should try adding text to see what it looks like.
one thing i would work on is try not making it too dark, but that might be your style.
can't wait to see more.

I actually do include text in a lot of my pieces, I guess it was just coincidence most of the ones I chose didn't have any. ;D
I do tend to like darker colour schemes, and again, I have done lighter pieces (coincidence again) but my better works tends to be darker ones.
Thanks so much for the comments though! <3

Those textures and colors are just so intense in the most amazing way. I love how obscure and dark the themes are without deliberately using generic imagery.

I think this particular piece stands out the most to me. The detail and placement is very powerful, I just can't make out what the text says... although it looks great!

This one, while I love the subject, doesn't seem as strong as your other pieces. However, it's still fantastic in and of itself.

You should really post a revamp of your old gallery. I've never seen it, but I'd love to after seeing all this! Your work is fantastic, please post more of it! :]

That first little paragraph is possibly the nicest thing someone's said about my work, so thank you!
The text on the cow piece says 'porterhouse.' Talk about dark imagery. ;D

My old gallery is here, 'chromophobe' if you are interested in having a look, but I won't be remaking it. I'll be posting works I do from now on.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Here are some more pieces from the very end of last year.
004_zpscb1e2d98.png

002.png

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Now for the comment which was long overdue! :D

Really loving the vibrancy of this piece. I actually can't really make out what is going on in there though to be honest, haha. But maybe abstract pieces like these are supposed to be like this. I certainly haven't done any abstract stuff before so I wouldn't know. :c Anyway, moving onto the next one - I actually think you went overboard with the darkness, tbh. I like the effects and the fact that there's a clearly defined focal here but yeah..not really digging how overwhelmingly dark the whole piece is. It just doesn't seem to work for me. The next piece is pretty dark too, but it works there. It is balanced, in my opinion. The colors are really nice - maybe some of the best coloring job I've seen in your stuff in a while. Plus, the grungy look really suits the piece - just really good and pleasing to the eye and I don't really have any qualms about it. Well, except the text. I don't really think it works here. It'd look almost the same, if not better, without it. But yes, really good use of splatter brushes (pretty darn sure you used them in here). I'd love to see a tutorial on something like this from you sometime. <3; I like this pretty guy too. I think the background effects compliment the whale and boy nicely. :D Although I think the colors could've been better. I guess it is just me being biased against works which have too many colors going in it, though.

Anyway, this, apart from the cow piece, is, imo, your best piece. Really loving the colors, the flow, the lighting and the usage of clipping mask (yeah, talking about the duplicate boy thingy) in here. It has got a really unique and innovative concept. Never seen anything like it before. <3; But yeah, if I had to be nitpicky, I'd say that the outer part of the circle to the left is looking pixelated. Hurts the piece a bit.

I'll comment more on the other two new pieces in a while. For now, I'll just say that I love how natural everything looks in the second update you posted in there. Not even those three copies of the guy look out of place and everything is just stunning.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Pertaining to the entire gallery, Derozio said it best:

It has got a really unique and innovative concept. Never seen anything like it before. <3;
I know you were only talking about one piece in this comment but hush. I think it accurately covers every facet of this gallery! :P

Anyway, moments, your update is great! I really wish I was more skilled in the way of graphic design so I could better identify your abilities, but until then I can only rely on the way each piece makes me feel to describe your work.

This one speaks to me the most-- and it took me a while to get there! At first glace, I actually didn't like it at all. I felt like it was too much like some over elaborated Bacardi advertizement. But then, once I kept looking at it, I realized there was something so uniquely intriguing and strangely sexy about it. The colors and the placement of those men in there... it makes a very, "Bond, James Bond" statement to me-- only in a strong female, classic / tragic light.

As for this piece, it's so busy in all the right ways for me. It's kind of hard on the eyes, but I think that's kind of the point, right? She reminds me of a maenad (women followers of Dionysus, the Greek god of fertility and wine).

Really, really great work. Can't wait to see more! :3

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
AHHH moments you've come so far since we first met all those years ago-- and you've really developed your own style-- it's very recognizable as yours, since it's so unique!

My personal favorite out of yours is the first one on this thread, but it took me forever to get around to commenting because I'm just not really sure how to critique your works anymore! o<-< They're so different from your run-of-the-mill, that it's like each has it's own character that doesn't really conform. And sometimes, they really shouldn't-- but as a result I'm just not sure what to say but that sometimes it's a hit, and sometimes it's a miss! Like the last tag on the first post too-- I really like that one! You seem to really like washing out your whites though- it's all got a bluish tint that I'm not the biggest fan of! ;7;

It looks great though-- on your latest update, I think the version on the left looks the best. But again, as per my personal preference I'm not a fan of the bluish whites effect that's going on in all the other pieces.

Years
To be honest, you have a remarkable special style. It is not the kind of thing I would ever try or do but I sure can enjoy it.
The 4th and the 5th picture in your opening post are my 2 favourites. Especially the last, it has something I not really can describe but it attracts me a lot. ^^

I look forward to see more! :D

moments.

quixotic
Years
AHHH moments you've come so far since we first met all those years ago-- and you've really developed your own style-- it's very recognizable as yours, since it's so unique!

My personal favorite out of yours is the first one on this thread, but it took me forever to get around to commenting because I'm just not really sure how to critique your works anymore! o<-< They're so different from your run-of-the-mill, that it's like each has it's own character that doesn't really conform. And sometimes, they really shouldn't-- but as a result I'm just not sure what to say but that sometimes it's a hit, and sometimes it's a miss! Like the last tag on the first post too-- I really like that one! You seem to really like washing out your whites though- it's all got a bluish tint that I'm not the biggest fan of! ;7;

It looks great though-- on your latest update, I think the version on the left looks the best. But again, as per my personal preference I'm not a fan of the bluish whites effect that's going on in all the other pieces.

<3333
THANKS, LOKI! Anyways, bluish whites are the best thing in the world, so yeah. slight exaggeration, it's just the path I tend to go down when I do my colour correcting Thanks for all the words though!

To be honest, you have a remarkable special style. It is not the kind of thing I would ever try or do but I sure can enjoy it.
The 4th and the 5th picture in your opening post are my 2 favourites. Especially the last, it has something I not really can describe but it attracts me a lot. ^
I look forward to see more! :D

Thank you, sir for the kind words! I get bored fairly easily with the sort of run-of-the-mill style of a lot of tags, not so much to look at cause some of them are wonderfully made, but I just love going nuts and doing weird stuff. :D

Anways, mini update time, just one photo for you all. <3

013.png

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
OH WELL SEE but I love the bluish whites in the latest pic-- the blurring and focusing is great and just everything is great in your photo-- IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHERE IT'S USED, I GUESS. ;7;;;

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
interesting concepts although I'd be lying if I said all of them were aesthetically pleasing, at least for me. the contrast in the first few pieces you have posted just have my eyes in all sorts of unhappiness. I definitely like where you're going. I'd like to see this move beyond an illustration style. I like your work with photos. ugh sentences are hard right now.

Back