• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
To an earlier question, as with all ROMhacks, moves are only up to 3rd gen. Moves introduced in a 4th gen. or 5th gen. game are virtually impossible to program in from scratch in older games.

Not saying it can't be done, just that I have yet to see one done.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 3, 2016
To an earlier question, as with all ROMhacks, moves are only up to 3rd gen. Moves introduced in a 4th gen. or 5th gen. game are virtually impossible to program in from scratch in older games.

Not saying it can't be done, just that I have yet to see one done.

Cyclone
What I meant to say was whether or not Jagold will edit some moves to be a 4th/5th gen move, like Aura Sphere and Venoshock in LoG.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
What I meant to say was whether or not Jagold will edit some moves to be a 4th/5th gen move, like Aura Sphere and Venoshock in LoG.

Nope.

Jagold, I have a questions:
Can we obtain all 386 pokemon?

Probably and hopefully. =/

does anyone else's game freeze BEFORE you face N?

I will try and check his script when I get the time.

To tell you the very truth and not meaning to offend but to advice, the Tree, sand, and grass (not bushes, grass!) colours aren't good.

None taken.
I just used the pallete of PMD 1. I will try and tone them down, but I don't know if I can make it look nice, 'cause I ain't really good at palletes, and graphics as a whole.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
great hack, even though I just started, and from what I read from previous posts, the Normal Gym is going to be a toughie

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
how do i beat the 1st Gym leader? the one in Comet Town? My Eevee is level 15 and it doesn't know Bite yet. why? can anyone help me here?
To answer the Eevee question, it always learns Bite at...wait for it...Level 30. Source: 3rd gen. movelist.

Of course, this does not take into account any additional moves that might have been added on the hack, such as moves added only for this hack, or any changes made for gameplay purposes in this hack. This is simply the basic Eevee move guide.

Cyclone

hils21

Spoiled Brat
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
I'm just starting to play this hack, but the main post says:

Beta Information...
- Up to the 6th gym.
- Up to 7 towns.
- Beta ends in AceWood Town.

so you might have reached the end.

so....you just have to collect 6 badges?? aww

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Where is HM Strength? I have been looking? And is after 6th badge, is strength through Mt. Voltage, glitchy (?) bridge on rt.6 or glitchy (?) water on rt.5 or snorlax on rt.9 the way to go? Im confused.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Where is HM Strength? I have been looking? And is after 6th badge, is strength through Mt. Voltage, glitchy (?) bridge on rt.6 or glitchy (?) water on rt.5 or snorlax on rt.9 the way to go? Im confused.
If I'm reading the first post correctly, the 6th badge ends the beta. It ends at Acewood Town, so whichever of the paths still has somewhere to go, I guess. I'd go with Route 9 since Acewood Town is a new area.

Cyclone

hils21

Spoiled Brat
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
when i playing this game for the first time, i change my eeve to charmander, is that ruin the story of pokemon skyline??

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
when i playing this game for the first time, i change my eeve to charmander, is that ruin the story of pokemon skyline??
How did you do that? Did you go in and change the data for Pokémon in the wild? Or did you actually modify the scripts and starters? Personally, I don't think messing with that type of thing is a good idea; you never know if Eevee will appear out of its Pokéball on the screen outside of battle (as a sprite) or not. I'm guessing not, but hey...you never know. Besides, it can breed several new Pokémon and types whereas Charmander breeds...well, Charmander.

Cyclone

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
How did you do that? Did you go in and change the data for Pokémon in the wild? Or did you actually modify the scripts and starters? Personally, I don't think messing with that type of thing is a good idea; you never know if Eevee will appear out of its Pokéball on the screen outside of battle (as a sprite) or not. I'm guessing not, but hey...you never know. Besides, it can breed several new Pokémon and types whereas Charmander breeds...well, Charmander.

Cyclone

Near the beginning, there is an NPC that is searching for his Eevee on the same beach you got Eevee at, and give it to him, and he'll give you a Charmander.

hils21

Spoiled Brat
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
Near the beginning, there is an NPC that is searching for his Eevee on the same beach you got Eevee at, and give it to him, and he'll give you a Charmander.

exactly like "bctincher15" said, but he`ll give you random pokemon, not only charmander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back