• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
In game HG Team-
Typholsion
Fire Blast
Focus blast
Solarbeam
Sunny Day

Heracross
Close Combat
Mega Horn
Aeiral Ace
Swords Dance

Poliwarth
Hypnosis
Focus Blast
Surf
Waterfall

Golem
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Rock Polish

Mamoswin
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Rock Tomb
Ancient Power

Any suggestions for the final member?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
In game HG Team-

Spoiler:

Any suggestions for the final member?

I suggest a Dragonite, evolved from the special Dratini the guy in the Dragon's Den gives you if you answer the questions correctly. A dragon-type is always a good member in any party.

If you want, it comes with a moveset of my choice:

Dragon Claw/Outrage - powerful STAB
Earthquake - to deal with Steel-types
ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall - comes with the special Dratini's initial moveset & priority move/for type coverage
Swords Dance/Fly - Attack raiser/STAB

Hope this helps. If there's anything else, feel free to ask me/anyone. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I suggest a Dragonite, evolved from the special Dratini the guy in the Dragon's Den gives you if you answer the questions correctly. A dragon-type is always a good member in any party.

ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall - comes with the special Dratini's initial moveset & priority move/for type coverage

He could teach it Thunderbolt instead of ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall because he doesn't have an Electric type.

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
what is the best way to level up a team after you have beaten the elite 4 i want to get my whole team to level 100 so far i only have 2 and it's taking a very long time to level up any advice

Years
Team Help

Hello other lovers of Pokemon! I need some help with my team. I haven't gotten close to the E4, but I've played and beaten Soul Silver once already. My question is between which Pokemon to use in my team. I have an Eevee that I need to evolve and that is my main question, which evolution would be best?
Team so far (I'm still leveling up and whatnot so, bear with me o.o)
Quilava - LVL. 28
Dratini - LVL. 21
Flaffy - LVL. 28
Sudowoodo - LVL. 28

Now, I am wondering whether I should Togetic with the Eevee evoution Umbreon or Crobat with Eevee evolution Espeon.

*Just to clear it all up, I am still leveling up my Pokemon, and that would explain the low levels. Ahaha :)

Any other advice would help as well :) Thanks!!!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hello other lovers of Pokemon! I need some help with my team. I haven't gotten close to the E4, but I've played and beaten Soul Silver once already. My question is between which Pokemon to use in my team. I have an Eevee that I need to evolve and that is my main question, which evolution would be best?
Team so far (I'm still leveling up and whatnot so, bear with me o.o)
Quilava - LVL. 28
Dratini - LVL. 21
Flaffy - LVL. 28
Sudowoodo - LVL. 28

Now, I am wondering whether I should Togetic with the Eevee evoution Umbreon or Crobat with Eevee evolution Espeon.

*Just to clear it all up, I am still leveling up my Pokemon, and that would explain the low levels. Ahaha :)

Any other advice would help as well :) Thanks!!!

Hi Artsy. In my opinion, you should go with Crobat and Espeon. Crobat is strong and very fast, and its stats are quite balanced as well. Although I have never used it before, Espeon is known to be one of the stronger Psychic-types available. It would make a viable member of your team. I don't really agree with the Sudowoodo though.. Perhaps it would be best to replace it with a water-type of your choice - or just keep the Sudowoodo and evolve your Eevee into Vaporeon with a water stone. It's up to you, though. You may go with Togekiss and Umbreon if you wish. This is just my opinion based on personal experience and preference.

Hope this helped. If anything, just ask~ :)

Last edited:
Years
Thanks, I'll think of the Sudowoodo. This is mostly what i have now, as I go on I change Pokemon and this may be one of them...
I think i was already somewhat going for that. I love my Crobat :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013

Thanks a lot :) I'll have to try and get the man's questions right :P I never thought of Dratini though it'll definitely make lance easier with a dragon type and a ice type.
Also I think I might teach it thunderbolt instead of earthquake as Golem and Mamoswine already know earthquake or would you suggest giving one of them a different move?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Want to add Growlithe/Arcanine to my team. Have an idea of which way i want to play him. Would like thoughts.

Lonely

atk 252, sp atk, 252. spd 4

Outrage
agility
Flamethrower
heat wave

This is how i am thinking of setting it up

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Want to add Growlithe/Arcanine to my team. Have an idea of which way i want to play him. Would like thoughts.

Lonely

atk 252, sp atk, 252. spd 4

Outrage
agility
Flamethrower
heat wave

This is how i am thinking of setting it up

Unless you have a Pokemon setting up sunshine (or that even, but it's in-game so you wouldn't want to) it's generally better playing physically than not due to not being able to use things like Solarbeam to help it hit water/ground/rock types, so honestly I'd go like... Flamethrower (since there isn't that much difference in the stats and you save on recoil)/Wild Charge/Extremespeed/Close Combat, or ditch Wild Charge and go for Agility, however generally you wouldn't really want to be setting up in-game, and Outrage isn't really necessary as it doesn't give you much extra coverage.

Altix

Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark
Years
Pokemon Black two Elite Four help

Here is the team[FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][/FONT][/FONT] I have caught so far but, I could catch more:

Wailord lv 41
Musketeer trio all lv 50
Castform lv 41
Deerling lv 39
Joltik lv 28
Litwick lv 29
Gothica lv 31
Excadrill lv 40
Lucario lv 50
Serperior lv 43
Zoroark lv 51
Darmanitan lv 49
Genesect lv 55

I plan on getting my team to level 75. What of these pokemon should I use? What pokemon should I catch? I have about 500k in money too from amulet coin, and relic items... Gr... I just want to beat the elite...

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Genesect>Psychic, Zoroark>Ghost, Terrakion>Dark, Muk+Acid Armor>Fighting. I also highly reccomend a flying type like archeops. If not then Gothitelli is fine. Would also reccommend Beartic or Mamswine.

The pokemon I mentioned are supposed to be specificaly for each E4 member and champion. However as I see right now, it does have a few exploitable weaknesses so arrange them around to cover those weaknesses as you wish.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2012
Looking for Advice on Team

Hey, I haven't played any of the Pokemon games in years (since Gold I think). I'm playing emerald right now and just beat the 5th gym. I'm pretty rusty and I am still trying to relearn all of the types and their weaknesses, etc. I'm hoping someone here can help me by pointing out any weaknesses or mistakes I have made in building my team up till now.

Marshtomp lvl.28
Manectric lvl.26
Breloom lvl.27
Golbat lvl.26
Aron lvl.27

I have a Sableye that I'm using as an HM slave at the moment, but I don't really use it for battling.
I also have a Kirlia that I was using, do I really need a psychic Pokemon in my team? Or can I do without?

I'm not looking for a competitive team or anything, just a balanced team that can get me through most of the game. So far I haven't had many problems, but I'm sure I have missed something. If anyone has any ideas on whether I should incorporate a 6th Pokemon and just distribute the HM's among the rest, I would appreciate that.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
You have a pretty well balanced team in a good team in my mind needs a fire grass and water to do great and any three other types, since you have breloom and marshtomp all you need is a fire type. The desert area the patch of grass west of it their are numel and in the cave close to their you can get a torkoal and a slugma. You don't NEED a phychic but later it will probably help.

Back