• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokehacksters tile thread reborn

what games landscape tiles did you like the best?

• Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Fire Red, and Leaf Green

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Heart Gold, and Soul Silver

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Black, and White

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
Well seeing as my previous tile thread disappeared in the wasteland of dead threads here, and I have new tiles for you all I think its only appropriate that I Make a new thread.

Signs

Cave/Mountain tiles

Trees

Dream World tiles

Kanto tiles

Items overworld

overworld_items_by_malice936-d6slpuy.png

I am in the middle of making tiles for ALL of the regions including new ones for Orre, Almia, Fiore, Oblivia, and the orange islands. I hope to have the ones for kanto, johto, Hoen, Sinnoh, and Unova finished by the end of this year, however I REALLY need ideas on which landscape tiles people liked the best.

Edit: Clicking the images takes you to their page on my deviantArt if you have the time you can also check out some of my other stuff on there ^.^

Edit 6-9-12: added some custom/edited signs since I'm still working on the kanto tiles

Edit 6-16-12: Added some edited and recolored tree tiles made a little more progress on the Kanto tiles, and I hope you all like the new ones. ^.^

Edit 6-22-12: Updated the signs, and will have vermillion city buildings added to the kanto tiles by sunday.

Edit 6-23-12: Spent all nite working on them so the vermillion city buildings are done. Hope you like them ^.^

Edit 6-25-12: Updated the trees to include versions for all 4 seasons, and I have also finished the Kanto power plant and radio tower/lavender tower, but am struggling to make a unique version of the lavender town houses so expect those sometime tomorrow, or Wednesday.

Edit 6-26-12: Finished the lavender town tiles, and I'm going to take a break from all this for a week or so so I can clear my head a little. I will be making tiles for Celadon City next, then Saffron, then the bike road, then Fuchsia, and Cinnibar which will include some completely custom tiles because I plan on it being simi rebuilt in my game. Then all that will remain is doing something with victory road, and finally the pokemon league building.

Edit 7-3-12 updated the cave/mountain tiles to include ledges and other bits. I will have 1 more update for those and will be finished

Edit 11-1-13 Sorry for the long disappearance, I've been working, however I have managed to start some new spriting and tileset making. Added a start to some item overworlds this is just a start to them, and I plan to add more as time gos along. This covers a lot of items in game though so enjoy.

Last edited:
Years
I have not gotten the chance to play through Generation IV or V; but I was truly in love with Fire Red's World Tile sets. Now that I am working on a game, one thing I have seen to be rather bland are the interior tiles, I am actually in the process of creating my own due to this.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
Thanks for the post, and I know what you mean about the indoor tiles. I'm in the middle of making my own too. At the moment I'm more focused on the outdoor tiles cause you cant really go indoors if there's no outdoors ;o

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
updated 6-25-2012

come on and comment if you like them or even if you dont. I would like to keep this thread alive, and I know there's at least a few of you using those so please keep this thread alive ^.^;

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
They look very nice, I especially like the palettes you're using. I do think that the cave entrances look a bit weird and the dream world tiles are a bit too bright.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
They look very nice, I especially like the palettes you're using. I do think that the cave entrances look a bit weird and the dream world tiles are a bit too bright.

Thanks for the feedback. I was kindof thinking the same thing on the dream world tiles, and since I'm still working on them I may change the pallet on those as well. As for the cave entrances are you talking about the large ones or the single tile ones because I'm planning on using those in a similar way to the old secret base entrances in RSE so that may be why they look a little off. Also in case you're wondering for my pallets I've been using the color scheme from hg/ss and lowering the saturation so that its less bright and more gritty since the original pokemon games always seemed more gritty to me.

Back