• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Loser of Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

100 posts! ^^ Thank you all for this high honor! Well, for me anyway. xD

THANK YOU~

Altair1

Willpower
Years
5th Generation Pokemon that I'm not too fond of include:

Snivy - Servine - Serperior
Tepig - Pignite - Emboar
Simipour (I find it's sprite annoying, we're battling!)
Foongus - Amoonguss (just because it trolls me in the overworld!)

I only liked using the water starter, I don't mind Trubbish and Vanillite lines at all. I can understand how people dislike them, there are much better choices to choose from in-game.
It's difficult to find Pokemon I'd like to use native to Unova. They're either too difficult to use due to their stats and movepool or available too late in the game...

Nakala Pri

Tepig? Why Tepig? It is so gorgeous and cuddly and I want one! ^^ And a Pikachu, maybe a Snorlax, a Virizon or two. xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't really hate them but I dislike:

Stunfisk...it's face is creepy...
Vanilite's line. It had potential for so much move...it should've had a bowl in it's final evolution instead of a cone...and that straw in it's final stage is weird...also would've liked if it had large chunks of ice that resemble toppings...

That's all I can think of. I either like or love every other Unova Pokémon.

Nakala Pri

You forgot Druddigon! :O Why does everybody forget to add that Pokemon? xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
I take one look at watchog and i feel myself about to proijectile vomit! also.... ICE CREAM CONES???????????

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
Kinklang simply because I'm still sore about the fact that I couldn't put him in my team because of that horrible movepool. I wanted to use one so badly but I couldn't get myself to choose a Pokémon with such a horrible choice of moves to go with his stats. I chose a Magnezone instead and I love him. c:
I really love Klinklang's design and I don't hate him, I was just so disappointed that I'm just sour towards him.

Nakala Pri

I just can't compel myself to like Klinklang. A gear Pokemon could be cool, but in the end, they ended up with something I found under the table yesterday. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Design-wise, I can't hate on any of the Pokemon. I really like Unfezant's design but found it was quite bad in battle. I guess that could apply to a lot of Pokemon from this generation tbh.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
For example, does America really have dragon folklore to base any of the dragon pokemon off of? Not really? So obviously Druddigon was actually not a bad design considering that there wasn't anything to base it around beside a link to how European dragons might've looked like.

What I don't get is why the generation didn't base anything off of Native American mythology. Some of the stuff in there is really interesting, and could make for some great Pokemon. Beasts like the Thunderbird and the Mishipeshu, or Great Lynx, could definitely inspire some great designs.

But instead, we get garbage and ice cream.

Nakala Pri

I hope next time they go for some Egyptian Pokemon, like a Sphinx or perhaps one of the gods, like Anubis and Ahemait, "The Devourer of the Dead". Sure, Cofagrigus was Egyptian themed, but something more creative would have been cooler.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
Lol there are a lot of generation 5 Pokemon that I don't like but the only ones that I have a personal grudge against is Roggenrola's family. I just hate how it takes two attacks to take them down because of Sturdy. That and I think their designs are really lame.

Nakala Pri

I know, right? Then it uses Rollout one thousand times, then when you JUST think you KO'd it, BAM! They have Sturdy and they use a hyper potion. So annoying! xD

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 1, 2019
Ok, my $0.02 :)
I'll start with the popular hated ones:
Swoobat and co. Yeah, just, why?! But it has its charms (I don't see them).
Corfagrigus, I like it. I don't know why people are screaming so much about it, there has not been any direct pokemon related to egyptian mythology and I love this. I actually really liked Corfagrigus but its defensive stats are just too obvious for me, and I like offensive pokes more :)
Sigilyph in my opinion is new and attractive. I love it with my heart, and its even in my white I team :)!
Rubbish evo tree, Is just plain weird. I can say why people would like it, but I don't. Trubbish can be cute if it weren't a small garbage bag :D
Druddigon looks both awful/weird, and strong/hard-headed. I liked how they represented it, just not the colors. (Seriously? Red head and blue body? Doesn't even fit haha...)
Stunfisk is kind of a trick pony, 90% of people won't like it. 10% will have that special taste for poke and like it :)
Vullaby and co. I don't like it. Can't see why people would choose it over Braviary, but well, there must be a female counterpart to it and I like them to think that way.
Ferrothorn. I think this thing looks badas :D Never seen typing is a plus.
Klinklank. Just... Why? Magnezone is superior every way in my opinion. But I like the pure-steel type. IF it weren't so slow and so simple. I mean... Klink, then Klank, then Klinklang? Rly? XD
Eelektross looks quite fine and I like it.
Throh Sawk. These two weren't the best when I saw them. But I loved their personalities in the anime, specially one being light-minded and more of a freelancer, and one being serious and more down-to-the-ground.
Unfezant looks weird specially after Staraptor appeared. The raptor is so much cooler.
Elemental Monkeys. These guys look really cute! Until they evolve. Except Simisear. It is derpy as heaven. Simisage gets a special mention to his Elvis Hair. It is... ELVIS PARSLEY. HAHAHA ok I'll stop.
Stoutland is just pure-beard awesomeness.
Beeheyem looks special. It is unique in my opinion.
Victini looks like some kind of thingy doing thingies. I don't find it attractive nor unique.
Watchog is high. :(
The ice cream is just weird. It's cute though.

I don't like that people just insult other pokemon because of their own liking, so I came here to point out that it's not nice to do this :D I always say that IMO, or my two cents, or Theres a Reason... Because you know... There's always a reason :D Personally I don't dislike Stunfisk. It's a sole fish, what can you ask? It has got nice typing too.

Good luck guys! :D

edit: Got long :O! I love writing long posts :D!

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Emolga are evil little things. Trying to train on Audino when they're around is not fun. Especially if you're slower- then you get spammed with "Can't escape!" and end up paralyzed while they sit there spamming Double Team.

...Although I've had other experiences with Double Team that are just as frustrating, but those aren't Gen V. XD

And yes, Sturdy's little boost is a pretty big cause of mass frustration for me. It is quite amusing when you get to laugh in their faces if you have Mold Breaker, though. (Haxorus just happens to be part of my main team in Black- what can I say?)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Bouffalant. It's stupid is maximum, koff~

An absolutely pointless and 70's looking cousin of Tauros. Out of all the fifth generation, this is the one that I despise to most.

A tie would have to be Archeops. It pales in comparison to Aerodactyl. It's the same typing as Aerodactyl, and Archeops' ability, defeatist, make it nigh unusable. If a lvl 100 Aerodactyl and Archeops faced off, Aerodactyl's speed would quickly push Archeops' advantage of being stronger in the attack department into the mud. I don't think Lance would ever use this thing, and that's what really matters, koffi~

Nakala Pri

Thanks, guys! It's been really interesting listening to your opinions! ^^

Keep at it!

Years
The only Pokemon i dont really like is Scraggy and Scrafty BUT it is not that i really hate them either(Not how i hate Skity for sure).

Yes, I'd say those 2 are iritating!

OP, out of your list:

Cofagrigus

Garbodor

Ferroseed

Klink

Klang

Klinklang

Accelgor

Shelmet

Druddigon

Genesect

Most of them are pretty awesome! I love Druddigon and the Klinklang family

Ferroseed is also amazing!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
What I don't get is why the generation didn't base anything off of Native American mythology. Some of the stuff in there is really interesting, and could make for some great Pokemon. Beasts like the Thunderbird and the Mishipeshu, or Great Lynx, could definitely inspire some great designs.

But instead, we get garbage and ice cream.

Err, I think we did, koff~

I think Sigilyph looks close. It looks more Native American than Xatu I think, koffi~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back