• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I have some n00b question:

Which number I have to type here:
chingahw9.png
in UNLZ to see the tileset 0?(the one the trees)

How do I Import pallettes on Advance Map?

Thanks

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Does anyone know how to edit the position that you start. Like X and Y axis.

how do i do a screen shot?

Press the "Print Screen" key next to the "Scroll Lock" and above the "Insert,Home,and Page up" keys. Then you go to Paint, and Press Ctrl+V to paste it and resize it so that it only shows the screen.

Last edited:

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years

chingahw9.png

Thanks

The first one is the number of the pic (Pokémon start at 700 or smth)
The second one is for the palletes.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn´t read the text after the pic ^^
I don´t know if you can see the tileset with UNLZ, but you CAN do it with AdvanceMap.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008

chingahw9.png

Thanks

I think theres a UNLZ Guide around in the Tutorial section somewhere.

You can't import palettes into AdvanceMap, you have to change them with either a hex editor or a palette editor.

the-ben

A bit of a nerd
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
me again... does anyone now how i can change what map you start on.. after all the professor birch stuff at the start..

working on ruby btw

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
How do I add and compile a script in ScriptEd. I would be using PokeScript since I know how but no matter what the script is. Even if its currect and others have used it it just freezes my game >_>

So how do I add and compile a script in scripted

Also how do I compile it? I saved it and there is no compile option >_>

I found this one thing that say your supposed to put your script and game in the ScriptEds folder. So I did. I hit compile and it opened up scripted but nothing else happened >_>

Then I tried to see if it worked and well it didnt *sigh* just made the clicking noise when you press A _-_ technology can suck my co....nevermind

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I have the same problem, but I am trying to learn how to script with a different script editor. I suggest if you are editing a new trainer follow Foullumps guide in the tutorials section.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
I have the same problem, but I am trying to learn how to script with a different script editor. I suggest if you are editing a new trainer follow Foullumps guide in the tutorials section.

I just want a simple celebi event in my game thats all. And if I can get that in ill make other legendary events.....*jiggles*

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2007
I'm going to start this off by saying that I'm still a bit of a noob to all of this rom hacking stuff. Now that that's aside I have a question on how to edit the Ruby Version intro. How do I change the Birch sprite when he gives his little speech and you choose your name and gender? If at all I'd prefer it not to deal with scripting, but any help would be appreciated!!!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
I'm going to start this off by saying that I'm still a bit of a noob to all of this rom hacking stuff. Now that that's aside I have a question on how to edit the Ruby Version intro. How do I change the Birch sprite when he gives his little speech and you choose your name and gender? If at all I'd prefer it not to deal with scripting, but any help would be appreciated!!!

UnZL GameBoyAdvanced for Sprite Editing

Scripting/Advanced Text for Text.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
Okay, I'm sorry for not specifying, but I know about these two programs. I just can't find that Birch sprite in Unzl.
Alright. Well I don't know where it is so I cant help you. I just know its on their if you can edit it

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I started rom hackin like a week ago, and i have edited all the text, spirits and gyms and so on...but when I beat the first gym it still says "Received the BOULDERBADGE from BROCK" I want to be able to change that but i cant, and I thnk u have to use a script program but I only have scriptEd and wouldn't have a clue how to use it. And I can't find any places to download the other script programs..Culd some one please help on editing what the Gym leader says??

Thanks heaps..

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
How do I create a warp on advance map?
Can anyone tell me EXACTLY how to do this and supply a script with the part I need to change and a list of the codes used in the script for the warp if required? Any information would be appreciated

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
I started rom hackin like a week ago, and i have edited all the text, spirits and gyms and so on...but when I beat the first gym it still says "Received the BOULDERBADGE from BROCK" I want to be able to change that but i cant, and I thnk u have to use a script program but I only have scriptEd and wouldn't have a clue how to use it. And I can't find any places to download the other script programs..Culd some one please help on editing what the Gym leader says??

Thanks heaps..
According to Zel the ScriptED that comes with EliteMap is easier to use. It looks easier but I mean for some reason I cant press the compile button like zel said you should

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years

Thanks heaps..

I could help you with that, I'm kinda new to hacking too(check my sig). I did this in Gold once:
All I did was search for the Gym trainer name"Falkner" in a hex editor and changed it to "Bradrz". I guess you can use A-text(not recommended) or use a hex editor.

But if you need help with something else(NOT SCRIPTING) PM me and I'll most likely give an answer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back