• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2 questions about animations and dependency

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Well, I have 2 questions:
1) I wanted to add an animation to the player using the set move route command.
Example:
Code:
Set Move Route:Player
$>Graphic:"example" 0,2,0
But it doesn't seem to work. So how can I add an animation?
2) I wanted to create a dependent event using
Code:
pbAddDependency2(eventID, eventName, commonEvent)
because I wanted it to talk when the player interacts with it. I filled all the camps, but nothing happens, the event doesn't follow you or talk.
I just started with RPGXP so be clear please, thanks! =)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
1)
By animation, you mean?

Like how the fishing sprite changes when fishing? Or riding a bicycle? Or surfing? <--- This is a graphic change

Or like how the NPC's get that little exclamation mark above their head? <--- This is an animation

Because your question makes no sense.

2)
Code:
If you've filled the correct things in here then it should work.

eventID = The number of the event which is located at the bottom right corner if you highlight the event or top left corner if you view the event.

eventName = The events name which is located in the exact same places as the ID, which is pretty convenient I think... Which should always look like this for example; "Pete".

commonEvent = The number of the common event within the database/commonevents, tab... This is where you should be making your event talk.

So if you event looks somewhat like this.
Code:
pbAddDependency2(1, "Pete", 17)
It should work... Then whatever common event 17 has as it's text, Pete will say while he's following me.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
1)
By animation, you mean?

Like how the fishing sprite changes when fishing? Or riding a bicycle? Or surfing? <--- This is a graphic change

Or like how the NPC's get that little exclamation mark above their head? <--- This is an animation

Because your question makes no sense.

2)
Code:
If you've filled the correct things in here then it should work.

eventID = The number of the event which is located at the bottom right corner if you highlight the event or top left corner if you view the event.

eventName = The events name which is located in the exact same places as the ID, which is pretty convenient I think... Which should always look like this for example; "Pete".

commonEvent = The number of the common event within the database/commonevents, tab... This is where you should be making your event talk.

So if you event looks somewhat like this.
Code:
pbAddDependency2(1, "Pete", 17)
It should work... Then whatever common event 17 has as it's text, Pete will say while he's following me.

1) I want a graphic change, not an animation like an exclaim bubble. I thought it was clear and didn't needed to be explained since I was using the command "Graphic:example 0,2,0 etc" (that changes the graphic) after the set move route, and not the "Show Animation". Sorry, my question was a bit vague.
This command works for all other events, except for the player.
2) This time it worked. I still don't know what I forgot before.

Thanks for your reply!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
If you're using the event command move route, then it probably won't work automatically anyway... You're probably going yo have to edit the metadata and add in your new graphic there instead...

Obviously, you using the move route command says graphic change, but the fact you said:
Well, I have 2 questions:
1) I wanted to add an animation to the player using the set move route command.
Example:
Doesn't say graphic change... Just so we're clear!

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Obviously, you using the move route command says graphic change, but the fact you said:

Doesn't say graphic change... Just so we're clear!
I would use a simple Show Animation instead of this:
Code:
Set Move Route:Player
$>Graphic:"example" 0,2,0
I was using this command because it worked in the previous version of PokeEssentials and it was more handly to use instead of the metadata. Is there another way to change the player graphic without modifing the metadata? I mean to do something similar to this(look only at the mom's sprite when she shakes her head) http://youtu.be/KH4FYoO2K7w?t=3m55s Obviously not so much detailed and smoothly, I will do a sprite or two.
If you're using the event command move route, then it probably won't work automatically anyway... You're probably going yo have to edit the metadata and add in your new graphic there instead..
I'll try this way if I can't do anything else...

Ty.

Back