• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Tank

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
This is my updated team now that I've played through Pokémon White.

497.gif

#497 Serperior: Grass, Timid, Overgrow, Item: Light Clay
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Leaf Storm
Taunt
Light Screen
Reflect

My lead which sets up dual screens to help my sweepers. Taunt is for stopping entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock. Light Clay keeps the dual screens in play for more turns.

EDIT: I decided to give him an attacking move.

359.gif

#359 Absol: Dark, Jolly, Super Luck, Item: Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Night Slash
Psycho Cut

Swords Dance increases attack for sweeping. Night Slash and Psycho Cut work well with his ability, and Psycho Cut helps against Fighting-types. Sucker Punch has priority, which helps since he's slow. Life Orb increases his attack.

EDIT: Replaces Tyranitar and Umbreon.

121.gif

#121 Starmie: Water/Psychic, Timid, Natural Cure, Item: Leftovers
Rapid Spin
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Surf

An important support Pokémon, which uses Rapid Spin to get rid of entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock, which would really hurt my team. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Surf cover team weaknesses. Leftovers helps with health.

EDIT: Replaced Recover with Ice Beam.

462.gif

#462 Magnezone: Electric/Steel, Timid, Magnet Pull, Item: Air Balloon
Hidden Power [Fire]
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Flash Cannnon

EDIT: It replaces Archeops. Choice Scarf is for it's poor speed. Hidden Power [Fire] works well with the ability Magnet Rise to trap other Steel-types. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are it's STAB attacks. Volt Switch is for if I need to switch out, and it does some damage in the process. It helps with my team's Water, Ice, and Steel-type weaknesses. Air Balloon helps with it's Ground-type weakness.

EDIT: Replaced Choice Scarf with Air Balloon.

609.gif

#609 Chandelure: Ghost/Fire, Timid, Flash Fire, Item: Air Balloon
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Flamethrower

Calm Mind raises his sp. attack and sp. defense. Shadow Ball and Flamethrower are his STAB attacks. Energy Ball is for covering some of his weaknesses. Air Balloon helps with it's Ground-type weakness.

EDIT: Added Air Balloon and Energy Ball.

612.gif

#612 Haxorus: Dragon, Jolly, Mold Breaker, Item: Leftovers
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Outrage
Earthquake

The other Dragon Dance sweeper. Dragon Dance increases his attack and speed so that he can have an easier time sweeping. Outrage is his main attack. Earthquake is another great attack. Leftovers is for health.

Ice, Fighting, Ground, and Bug-type attacks are big weaknesses for my team. I would really appreciate any ideas you might have as to how I can make this team better.

Last edited:
Years
RE: Starmie

I would say change the Starmie for Hydreigon(Timid +Spd -Atk) 6 HP, 252 SpAtk and 252 Spd with the move set: Fire Blast/Focus Blast, Surf, Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse as it gives you a good coverage and its much faster than a Starmie. It can also work as a back up sweeper for your Chandelure/Tyranitar :)

Years
Lol. Hydreigon is NOT faster than Starmie and Starmie has the potential to cover a load of different pokemon with its coverage if he so wished to do so.

Jellicent covers all of the weaknesses you listed by the way, so he could be a good addition to the team.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I decided to replace Taunt on Haxorus with Brick Break for Ice-types. Would Dragon Claw be better than Outrage? I like the extra power, but I don't like being locked into an attack for three turns.

I will consider Jellicent.

Would Bronzong be a better lead? That's what I was told somewhere else.

Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: I replaced Archeops with a badly needed Electric-type in Magnezone.

Last edited:
Years
I don't know much about leads to be honest. I've heard that Forretress is a popular steel lead though. Dunno about Bronzong. Seems good in theory though. Keep taunt on Haxorus as a 2x super effective Brick Break is inferior to neutral outrage. So keep outrage as well as that gives you the power to massacre things. The difference in power between Dragon Claw and Outrage is 50%. That's a choice band boost right there, and that is a difference in power that truly should not be sacrificed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Serperior is easy Taunt bait. I think Azelf would be a better Dual Screener:
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-U-turn/Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbutt
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Light Clay

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I replaced Haxorus with Salamence, which was a suggestion from another site. A few people have also suggested that I replace Serperior with Jirachi, but that would give me four Pokémon with a weakness to Ground-types.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Why would you use any other Dual Screener when Deoxys-S exists ? Thats the set that got it banned last gen.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
^^^^
I second D_A, S-Deoxys is superior.
Also, Balloon on Chandelure. Your team has a big Ground weakness only covered by one Pokemon, and Balloon would help.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
This is my updated team now that I've played through Pokémon White.

497.gif

#497 Serperior: Grass, Timid, Overgrow, Item: Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 26 SpD / 232 Spe
Leach Seed
Taunt
Light Screen
Reflect

My lead which sets up dual screens to help my Tyranitar and Haxorus to set up Dragon Dance easier. Taunt is for stopping entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock, which would really hurt my team, especially Archeops, who can't afford to lose health upon entering the battle. Leech Seed helps with health. Light Clay keeps the dual screens in play for more turns.

Since Deoxys-S is back in-game as a formidable lead, you're getting one Pokemon removed immediately from your team or one Pokemon rendered useless by just switching it out. I am with D_A in his point.

248.gif

#248 Tyranitar: Rock/Dark, Jolly, Sandstream, Item: Leftovers
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge

The first of my sweepers. Dragon Dance increases his attack and speed so that he can have an easier time sweeping. Stone Edge is his best STAB Rock-type attack, and Crunch is his best Dark-type STAB attack, which also has a chance of lowering the opponents defense. Earthquake is one of the best attacks in the game. Leftovers helps with health.

What TTar needs is support to let him dance. TTar has problems with bulky Swampert and Hippowdown.

121.gif

#121 Starmie: Water/Psychic, Timid, Natural Cure, Item: Leftovers
Rapid Spin
Recover
Thunderbolt
Surf

An important support Pokémon, which uses Rapid Spin to get rid of entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock, which would really hurt my team, especially Archeops. Thunderbolt and Surf cover team weaknesses. Thunderbolt helps take care of Water-type Pokémon that Tyranitar, Chandelure, and Archeops are weak to. Recover and Leftovers helps with health.

Starmie won't be needing Recover running in this set since it's too fragile and can die in 1 U-turn. Try Ice Beam and see if it does you any good.

462.gif

#462 Magnezone: Electric/Steel, Timid, Magnet Pull, Item: Choice Scarf
Hidden Power [Fire]
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Flash Cannnon

EDIT: It replaces Archeops. Choice Scarf is for it's poor speed. Hidden Power [Fire] works well with the ability Magnet Rise to trap other Steel-types. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are it's STAB attacks. Volt Switch is for if I need to switch out, and it does some damage in the process. It helps with my team's Water, Ice, and Steel-type weaknesses.

Looks good, the usual Magneton Set.

609.gif

#609 Chandelure: Ghost/Fire, Timid, Flash Fire, Item: Leftovers
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power [Fighting]
Flamethrower

Calm Mind raises his sp. attack and sp. defense. Shadow Ball and Flamethrower are his STAB attacks. Hidden Power [Fighting] is for covering some of his weaknesses. Leftovers is for health.

I'm not sure if Chandelure has a slot in OU 5th gen since it has Shadow Tag. HP Grass seems more viable for this set since it covers 3 out of 4 weaknesses rather than 1 out of 4.

373.gif

#373 Salamence: Dragon/Flying, Naive, Intimidate, Item: Leftovers
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

The other Dragon Dance sweeper. Dragon Dance increases his attack and speed so that he can have an easier time sweeping. Outrage is his main attack. Earthquake is another great attack. Fire Blast helps with Steel and Ice-types. Leftovers is for health.

Fire Blast won't help with anything because you don't carry SpA over and will just rely with Mence's base stat.

EDIT: I replaced Haxorus with Salamence.

Ice, Fighting, Ground, and Bug-type attacks are big weaknesses for my team. I would really appreciate any ideas you might have as to how I can make this team better.

What I saw in your team is that you rely on offense, try playing a bit more defensive and not just put 252 EV's on Attack/SpAttack and Speed. A Wish support Pokemon can help this team, as well as Baton Passers.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2011
Okay I didn't read every comment but A Bronzong would be a better lead as you do need more bulk but it looks like you have a handle on the rest good luck

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I was thinking Deoxys-S was still banned. I'll use him instead then.

I was thinking about giving Magnezone a Balloon. Should I give both one?

I was thinking about giving Starmie Ice Beam, but I didn't know which move to replace it with before the suggestion of replacing Recover.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

firebolt12

pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
I think ur magnezone needs a balloon. I don't think u have to replace serperior. U can just use torment/ taunt to stop others from doing the same to u. Serperior is pretty fast, so I think its fine. Haxorus is a great pokemon, salamence seems to easy to revenge KO and crippling ice weakness and due to growing pop. of vanilluxe, mamoswine( stone edge?) and other bulky ice u should keep haxorus. A great team overall though! Nice job!

Mizuken

Mastermind
Years
@Musica
"I'm not sure if Chandelure has a slot in OU 5th gen since it has Shadow Tag. HP Grass seems more viable for this set since it covers 3 out of 4 weaknesses rather than 1 out of 4."

Energy Ball is more preferable than HP Grass.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I decided to switch back to Haxorus. I also replaced Tyranitar with Umbreon. The other Pokémon that I was considering was Absol. Umbreon and Absol are my favorite Dark-type Pokémon. I also made some other minor changes.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years
Bulbapedia said:
Generation V

If a Pokémon traps a target with Mean Look and then switches with Baton Pass the target will no longer be trapped.
If this is true then umbreon is considerably less useful with that set.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
It is true.

Idek why you'd use Umbreon, it frankly sucks. Its a free switch in for like everything from Scizor, Conkeldurr to even Excadrill and Ferrothorn aka the definition of set up bait lol. :\

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I didn't know that. I replaced him with Absol, but I'll probably replace him as well when I can think of a better replacement. Absol was an original member of this team.

Back