• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I ate too much chipotle[Peaked #1]

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
2895512_o.gif

Introduction

Hi guys. This is my newest team for the kyurem b suspect round as well as the new garchomp metagame. It worked out pretty well and is a pretty solid offensive team despite being weak to some threats like latios and latios. The main strategy of this team is to use double rock polish pokemon in order to obliterate opposing offense and use my offensive pressure to crush the rare defensive teams that I see. Rock polish landorus is arguably the most powerful late game cleaner right now and really is a great pokemon to abuse, as it is able to ohko or 2hko pretty much every pokemon that it can hit neutral damage on with sheer force boosted earth power. I also feel that rock polish genesect is one of the most underrated sweepers right now. With offensive teams being so common, and heatran seldom being seen on said teams, genesect can often get a rock polish up in the first turns of a match and get a clean sweep pretty easily. I really don't like the way that this metagame has turned out since it seems to be really really stale, but it's ok I guess. Ban Kyurem.

386-d.png
649.png
675.png
286.png
647-r.png
094.png

Team

386-d.png

Deoxys-D @ Tanga Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave / Night Shade / Magic Coat

Really standard deoxys. The way that I play this set is pretty obvious as well. It's a lead a lot of the time (unless I see one of those annoying lead terrakion in team preview), and it can get up stealth rock at least and maybe a layer or two of spikes. This obviously helps in netting landorus more one hit kos which can be really crucial against opposing offense. I'm honestly not sure what to do with the last slot. I've tested all 3 options and actually a have a few other options in mind of the last slot. Thunder wave and magic coat are cool options but frankly it's really dangerous if something like agility thundurus came in and set up all over deoxys. Although night shade isn't really helping that problem either. Suggestions for the last slot would be greatly appreciated. Also, tanga berry is so that +1 bug buzz from lead genesect won't ohko guaranteeing me stealth rock.

649.png

Genesect @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

This may seem like a really weird set but I can assure you that it is probably the best option for a rock polish genesect. Although no stab may seem really weird, genesect honestly doesn't need it and won't be gaining anything with it. Giga drain provides infinite utility because it can net kos in terrakion and keldeo both of which could stop genesect cold. This set plays much different from other sweeping genesect. The opposing team must be sufficiently weakened in order for genesect to clean up the match. Unlike rock polish landorus, which can serve the roles of blowing holes in teams as well as cleaning up late game, genesect doesn't really pack enough power to play well early game. Obviously, this set works very well with spikes and makes genesect much more potent especially versus offense.

675.png

Landorus @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
Modest Nature: (+SpA, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power[Ice]

Probably one of the most potent, if not the most potent sweeper in the current metagame. Rock polish landorus is honestly pretty ridiculous, especially when you throw entry hazards into the mix. The combination of earth power / focus blast / hidden power 2hkos absolutely everything in ou, even giving dedicated special sponges a run for their money with sheer force life orb boosted focus blast. Landorus is the second member of my rock polisher duo and can wreak havoc on offense given the chance to set up. Landorus is usually one of the pokemon that I try to save until last when it's necessary, but I also find myself abusing it in order to open up teams earlier in the match so that genesect can get a sweep off later. Modest is chosen over timid here as the power difference that modest provides is extremely noticeable and timid honestly isn't worth the extra speed. The offensive synergy that landorus and genesect have is absolutely key to the success of this team, and landorus does an excellent job at fulfilling its role.

286.png

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Atk)
- Spore
- Low Sweep / Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Breloom is really good right now. Technician boosted life orb attacks really make it an excellent wall breaker. Not to mention, thanks to the new sleep mechanics, that using spore on something is effectively knocking it out if you can mange to force enough offensive pressure. I've always had a really tough time picking between low sweep and mach punch on this set. Low sweep has ridiculous power and can really break holes in even some defensive teams but mach punch was tested for the sake of priority. Breloom is really awesome for being able to soften up tough to break defensive cores like skarmory / hippowdon which can be tough for landorus to get through if they both have no residual damage. Breloom is also the cloest team member that I have to a rotom-w check, which is another pretty good reason as to why its there.

647-r.png

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Hidden Power[Ice]
- Secret Sword

Well it had to be somewhere I guess. A dedicated revenge killer on offense is pretty much a necessity with all of these high powered quick sweepers running around. In my opinion, Keldeo is the best scarfer right now, surpassing genesect quite easily. Keldeo's blazing speed with a choice scarf and with the amount of drizzle teams running around, makes keldeo invaluable on this team. There have been a ton of games where keldeo sweeps weakened drizzle teams with surf because they have nothing to outrun and everything is just ko'd by surf. Hydro pump and surf may seem redundant to some but it allows keldeo to pick between consistency or to do a lot of damage in the early game.

094.png

Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Subsitute
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Focus Blast

Pretty classic gengar set. Honestly I had no other ideas for set, but it worked out if anyone sees anything better feel free to suggest it! Gengar was really only included because spikes are so crucial to this team so couldn't run an offensive archetype without a spin blockers. Although gengar isn't one of the sturdiest spin blockers around, it is a better fit than jellicent on this team as all jellicent would do is slow me down terribly. I guess it's nice to have gengar around though since it's pretty pursuit bait meaning that a choice locked pursuit is free set up for genesect / breloom and probably even landorus. Actually, having pursuit bait on this team probably means almost as much as using gengar for the purpose of spin blocking. Not much else to say, gengar is pretty self explanatory and serves a pretty linear purpose on this team.

Conclusion

Due to the offensive nature of this team, it has a lot of paper weaknesses, some of which I can handle with smart play and others that are just really a pain. This team auto loses to zapdos, which is weird but it seems to have been popping up more lately as a nice pokemon to beat rock polish landorus and tornadus. Latios and latias are problems to a lesser extent but I can play around those two quite easily provided that I don't make a ton of mistakes. Naturally, sun teams are a problem as well. Considering that venusaur outruns my entire team unboosted and does huge damage to them all. Although if landorus manages to get a rock polish up then sun can usually be handled fairly easily, but that's pretty tough to do considering a smart player generally doesn't let landorus set up in too many places. Anyways, please make any suggestions that may seem viable, thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
In my opinion, you can be ruined by Scarf users such as opposing Genesect. It can easily dispose of Breloom, Genesect (on your team), and Landorus. It can scout with U-turn without fearing any speed ties or use an appropriate move to KO one of the above. Flamethrower for Breloom with its horrible SpD and 2x weakness, or Genesect with its 4x weakness. Ice Beam for Landorus (4x weakness). I also doubt Gengar could stop it because its Scarfed and can just U-turn on the switch. If you could run HP Fire on Gengar, that would be better than Pain Split; it's not going to last long with that low HP anyway. You can also opt for the SubDisable set to ruin a non-scarfed U-turn user. While Deoxys-D's Tanga Berry will nerf the first U-turn/Bug Buzz on Genesect, it won't last long if it switches to something like T-tar with Crunch/Pursuit. If it doesn't carry Pursuit, then good for you since you can switch on Keldeo with a +1 Attack, but that's not going to help out much. Running dual water STAB on Keldeo isn't going to work out much neither. You can use Calm Mind on Keldeo though. Scald can be an option over Surf because of that lovely burn rate. That's all for now.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
You have to understand that this is an offensive team. Each time that Genesect locks itself into a move, it gives me a free opportunity to set up and do damage to the opposing team. Obviously, I'm not going to let Genesect ko everything unless I play like an idiot. I don't see the utility in using calm mind on keldeo either. If you read the description, the dual water stab allows keldeo to either fire off a hydro pump early in the game to get a ko or clean up with a late game surf sweep. I may have a "paper weak" to genesect if you put each pokemon one on one vs genesect, but overall it is extremely easy to play around. Thanks anyways!

Back