• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Glass (restart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2010
Could I join and help? I'm currently working on a game, but I have no experience so I'd like to get some. I can easily do any mapping you want done if you send me the tile sets.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
GearsofWarSkull2Icon.png
Ozumas Epic Words!!

Hey,if you need someone too make a logo for your game then i could do that for you ^_^

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Please do. ^_^ Thankies!

Today's update: I'm still feeling ill and I'm very exhausted. Blargh!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
GearsofWarSkull2Icon.png
Ozumas Epic Words!!

okay here it is ^_^
hope you like it ^_^
glasslogo.png

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
pretty nice :), Ozuma drew!
Just wondering, how are you at drawing fakemon?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
GearsofWarSkull2Icon.png
Ozumas Epic Words!!

im pretty good,but i dont have a scanner too scan my images,but when i get my tablet i can show you how good i am ^_^

and also,on my deviant art you can see one of my sprites (its not pokemon though),if that matters lol

~Ozuma

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Okay, just wondering because I may be starting a fangame soon when I get the staff, some people have agreed to help

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Cool. Thanks, Ozumadrew. ^_^

my update for today: feeling worse than yesterday, but I placed pretty high with my grammar and reading comprehension tests. I have to pay for a separate math test though. I don't plan to do much for a while. Except focusing on getting better.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
From Gregora's DSi XL: I could use a second spriter. If you want, you can start with Tara since she appears early on in the game. :)

As for today, I'm getting better so I expect to go back to Glass tomorrow if circumstances allow. I got some potentially good news: if my mother doesn't flake out, I just might be a first-time homeowner in a few years. She's planning on moving out of the house she got in the divorce and is letting me pay her for it in increments of $300. Of course, she is well known (by me anyways) for being flaky.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Lol @ Gaia Online Avis.I was not expecting that, since I have an account there.

But I like it Just one, maybe two things.

1.The Policeman sprite shouldnt be inside the cave hole, instead, place him in the space in front, so it doesnt look so...wierd.

2.You probably dont know how to do this so I would leave it alone, but the kid floating above the grass.If it is possible, place him infront of that tile if its a trainer or if he is just an info guy, place him infront then face him towards the grass.

Other than that, it looks pretty decent.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Combusken: I always need mapping done :) I'd love getting help with mapping. You can start with the route leading from the first cave to the 3rd town. I'll post up the current version of the town map to show you the general layout and design of the route. It's embarrassing that it's still unfinished. ^_^' The route will the the one circled and I'd imagine it's fairly rocky, but besides that, feel free to have fun with it. :)

Spoiler:

Karel: 1) has been fixed for a long time. 2)Floating? I don't know what you mean by floating. There's several trainers *in* the grass. So really, I don't know to which screenshot you're talking about.

Today's Update: I finally can get to work on Glass today since I'm not expected to do anything today. About time. I also did some slight work on the town map...I think it's okay...

Okay, I fixed Rustaria Town to fit the town map. I'm contemplating moving everything down so I can expand into the northern area of the map. :D But I still have a lot of things still needing to be done even outside the mapping. I have one more plot-related event and it's a fairly major one. How could I ever forget that I still have that event left to do?! >_<

So yeah, one large plot-based plot and *then* I have to do the minor NPCs in the town before starting mapping the next route. -_- I'd give the next route and the cave to Karel but I already drew out the cave on graph paper in my free time... XD so yeah. got a lot left to do. Take your time with your route, Karel. :)

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
When I first saw this I was going to comment on the name; It being too... uninspired and confusing,

You can't blame, I read the title as Pokemon Grass XD -saw the first letter, saw the last two letters, my mind did the rest.
-

That's besides the point. Screens look good, one thing the single tiles of grass look odd because It's so tall.

Kudos on being a 1 man team. It's so much more satisfying.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
It's okay and I agree that the grass autotile needs work, but that's not my area of expertise. XD.

Also I did the new and improved title but I can't decide on a good mascot pokemon. I was thinking Regice or Articuno since ice can be as clear as glass. Though, I'm also open to suggestions/ideas too as long as it makes sense.

Update: I forgot this was Saturday and I never work on Glass on saturdays but I wound up doing some work on the plot-altering event. Whoops, I think I said too much! XD

Last edited:

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
Hey gregora I am making a OW sprite for the male trainer for you. I am making him with a rod, standard walking, and running.
(I will edit this post and post it if no one posts between now and the time I get it done)

Edit:
well here you go,
pokemon-glass-hero-ow.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2010
Combusken: I always need mapping done :) I'd love getting help with mapping. You can start with the route leading from the first cave to the 3rd town. I'll post up the current version of the town map to show you the general layout and design of the route. It's embarrassing that it's still unfinished. ^_^' The route will the the one circled and I'd imagine it's fairly rocky, but besides that, feel free to have fun with it. :)

Do you have custom tiles?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Rockeymon: Thanks for the OW sprites. Feel free to do any other sprites that you want to do. I'll reformat them for RMXP and insert them. :D

Combusken: yeah, I do use a custom tileset. It's in the attachments.

AceDragonite and DarkDoom3000: No fakemon. I figure that since 90% of games here use fakemon, there's really no sense in using them when Glass will have over 500 pokemon since I figure that Glass will still be worked on when the 5th Gen pokemon come out. That's more than enough pokemon for a game and it's insane to have any fakemon when there's so many underprivilaged pokemon that only show up in the gen that they were made for.

Like I haven't seen Dunsparce outside G/S/C and remakes. While some pokemon just will not be left outside any pokemon game like the dreaded Zubat. There's plenty of pokemon that can appear in caves besides Zubat and they get ignored. I haven't seen Shroomish outside R/S/E either...and I like Shroomish. :(

Update: Also, there seems to be a month-long competition to make a game with only the basic stuff. I'm contemplating doing that along with Glass (possibly moving my work on Glass to the weekend) because I do want to give people a chance to see what I can really do and stuff. :D That and if I do complete a game for it, I might just get more support for Glass. ^_^

Attachments

• Outside_Tileset_WIP.png
    Outside_Tileset_WIP.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back