• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
well from ferry script above...

i dont understand what it's mean

warp 0x19 0x29 0xFF 0x1 0xA

can you explain me.. ?
here what i mean...

i just make "ONE ISLAND" in EMERALD

Spoiler:

the script what i need is, when i have a TRI PASS ( just like in FIRE RED ) then sailor guy / miss @ LILYCOVE will add new list , and the list is "ONE ISLAND"

and if you mean just using a warp, then i can't understand the script above...

sorry for my english...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm seriously new to ROM hacking, and iv started off small with a simple message box script, I'm sure you all know the one.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org talk1
= Hey there!

This is the code i have seen everywhere, i have tried to retype it and re compile it but everytime i load the ROM it does nothing but simply turn the character to face you......

Does anyone know what is the problem?

Iv seen in a tutorial video, when the person opened the script from Advance Map that the msgbox part said "MSG_NORMAL" instead of the parameters, mine does not and im unsure if thats the reason, or if im entering the parameters wrong i dunno, so ill just leave this here :)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hey guys,

I'm seriously new to ROM hacking, and iv started off small with a simple message box script, I'm sure you all know the one.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org talk1
= Hey there!

This is the code i have seen everywhere, i have tried to retype it and re compile it but everytime i load the ROM it does nothing but simply turn the character to face you......

Does anyone know what is the problem?

Iv seen in a tutorial video, when the person opened the script from Advance Map that the msgbox part said "MSG_NORMAL" instead of the parameters, mine does not and im unsure if thats the reason, or if im entering the parameters wrong i dunno, so ill just leave this here :)

You are using an old XSE version. Get the new one from Gamer2020's tools thread.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I have been working on a script, and I am not sure what to do.
When you talk to oak, he is supposed to give you a pokemon, then the grunts will come over, try to take it, fail then push you off the boat. all of the movement is working except for when the grunts are supposed to come out to get you. they don't come out, but I know they are moving up and around as they should. Here is the code:
Spoiler:

karatekid552

Years
When you talk to oak, he is supposed to give you a pokemon, then the grunts will come over, try to take it, fail then push you off the boat. all of the movement is working except for when the grunts are supposed to come out to get you. they don't come out, but I know they are moving up and around as they should. Here is the code:
Spoiler:

So, you're saying that the grunts don't appear? They are invisible? Could I see a video so that I can get a better insight as to what is going on here?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Spoiler:

studying your script, i found out that the grunt is hidden and then you 'showed him up' via movement scripts. that works, only if you add #raw 0x61 to every single applymovement of your grunt, preferably, the very first movement on your movement address.

example...
Code:
#org 0x80174A
[COLOR="Red"]#raw 0x61 'Show[/COLOR]
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

do note that he will also disappear in every other applymovement commands, even if he's not included, so you better add him in every applymovement group scripts.

example...
Code:
#org 0x801647
[COLOR="Red"]applymovement 0x4 0x8801747[/COLOR]
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880186D MSG_NORMAL '"Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat ..."
applymovement 0x5 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8801735
waitmovement 0x0

#org 0x801747
#raw 0x61 'Show

and that's how annoying the 'hidden' behavior in a-map is. :3

karatekid552

Years
studying your script, i found out that the grunt is hidden and then you 'showed him up' via movement scripts. that works, only if you add #raw 0x61 to every single applymovement of your grunt, preferably, the very first movement on your movement address.

example...
Code:
#org 0x80174A
[COLOR="Red"]#raw 0x61 'Show[/COLOR]

do note that he will also disappear in every other applymovement commands, even if he's not included, so you better add him in every applymovement group scripts.

example...
Code:
#org 0x801647
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880186D MSG_NORMAL '"Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat ..."
applymovement 0x5 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8801735
waitmovement 0x0

#org 0x801747
#raw 0x61 'Show

and that's how annoying the 'hidden' behavior in a-map is. :3

Thanks DJG, I didn't have time to study his long script.:P

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys, does exist a method for make appear a sprite in a determinate coords (X|Y)?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
How I go about this is that I'll give a person event an ID and set their flag. Later on, when I need them, I'll clear their flag and have them fulfill their duties :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Hey again guys,

I posted a script yesterday and you guys helped me a lot, anyways started trying to move on to more advanced scripts and i've ran into another problem.

Iv made a script for a random NPC to give a pokemon to you, im following a tutorial and even though iv followed his script something went wrong, I think its something to do with the flags, but no matter how much a tinker with them the character continues to talk like hes already given you the pokemon.

Im using XSE 1.1.1 so thats not the problem.

Anyways heres the code, any help at all would be really appreciated!

#dynamic 0x800042

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @question 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @givepokemon
msgbox @nothanks 0x6
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @checkup 0x6
release
end

#org @givepokemon
msgbox @thanks 0x6
givepokemon 0x19 0xA 0xD 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @recieved 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1200
msgbox @thanks2 0x6
release
end

#org @question
= Hey there!\pYou seem like a nice person.\nWould you like this Pikachu?

#org @nothanks
= Oh, that's too bad.\pCome back if you change your mind.

#org @thanks
= Oh, thats great!\pHere you go!

#org @thanks2
= Thanks again.\pTake goo care of Pikachu!

#org @recieved
= \v\h01 recieved PIKACHU!

#org @checkup
= Hey again.\pHow's my Pikachu doing with you?

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Wow, that's a large number. I'd suggest using a flag in the 0x200s.

Would that help though?

The tutorial script worked without a hitch and its flag was set to 1200, but mine just keeps skipping to "@done" which then loads "@checkup", so the NPC continually talks like the Pokemon was given to the player already...

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
If you've already set flag 0x1200 earlier, then it will remain set unless you clear it via the clearflag command. And for the sake of vars, keep the flag numbers to a minimum.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
That was it thank you!

I must have already had the flag set, didnt even think of that.

Cheers for the help!

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2019
How I go about this is that I'll give a person event an ID and set their flag. Later on, when I need them, I'll clear their flag and have them fulfill their duties :)

Mmmm.. i think haven't got it. =(

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014

Thanks for the insight on the hidden scripts, but the problem is that I the grunts won't leave their "hiding place" but still move the way they are supposed to minus the appearing which you have just informed me how to do. I will post a video, but seeing as I can't post links yet, just check out my youtube channel for the video if you are willing to help. the channel name is cclemur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back