• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
HACK NAME: POKEMON UNIVERSE; A 386 HACK
BASE: FIRE RED
WORKING NOTE (I'll be updating this message as this is where I will be revealing my progress): Restarting

LATEST RELEASE: N/A- Alpha Removed

THE ALPHA HAS BEEN REMOVED, I HAVE DECIDED TO RESTART FROM SCRATCH. PLEASE BE PATIENT FOR THE NEXT RELEASE, I PROMISE THAT THE NEW RELEASE WILL HAVE MUCH MORE DONE THAN THE ALPHA I REMOVED, WHICH I HOPE WILL BE MORE ENJOYABLE.

The name is K2 Xtreme, and I bring to you a Fire Red based Hack called Pokemon Universe. To note this is simply a Fire Red edit with every pokemon from the first 3 generations of pokemon.

Storyline- The silent protagonist of FireRed( is a child who lives in a small town. After players start a journey and venture alone into deep grass, a voice warns them to stop. Professor Oak, a famous Pokémon researcher, explains to the player such grass is often the habitat of wild Pokémon, and encountering them alone can be very dangerous. He takes the player to his laboratory where the player meets Oak's grandson, another aspiring Pokémon Trainer. The player and the rival are both instructed to select a starter Pokémon for their travels. The rival then challenges the player to a Pokémon battle with their newly obtained Pokémon, and continues to battle the player at certain points throughout the games.

After reaching the next city, the player is asked to deliver a parcel to Professor Oak. Upon returning to his laboratory, the player is presented with a Pokédex, a high-tech encyclopedia that record the entries of any Pokémon that are encountered. Oak asks the player to fulfill his dream of compiling a comprehensive list of every Pokémon in the game.

While visiting the region's cities, the player encounters special establishments called Gyms. Inside these buildings are Gym Leaders, each of whom the player must defeat in a Pokémon battle to obtain a Gym Badge. Once a total of eight badges are acquired, the player is given permission to enter the Pokémon League, which consists of the best Pokémon trainers in the region. There the player battles the Elite Four. Also throughout the game, the player has to fight against the forces of Team Rocket, a criminal organization that abuses Pokémon. They devise numerous plans to steal rare Pokémon, all of which the player must foil, meeting and defeating the organization boss Giovanni.

Features:
1. Gym Leaders & Elite Four are tougher(future releases will see vast changes to the teams, to make them tougher than in the current alpha)
* For Giovanni only his gym leader pokemon were edited, but changes will be made to the other encounters in future releases.
2. Your Rival will be tougher(like Giovanni, I only edited him at the elite 4 level.)
3. Edited teams for Team Rocket(not in the alpha, but for future releases)
4. Updated Trainers(not in alpha, but for future releases)
5. Edited Moves- I have a couple edited but I would like to know from you people if you want to see most of the moves edited.
6. You start off with a johto starter

Features I would like to add, but will need help doing so:
1. New Tiles- Pokemon Center, Pokemon Mart, Gyms
2. New Title Screen

NEED THE FOLLOWING HELP WITH:
Tile Inserter
Mapper- Since I do not know what will happen once tiles are inserted, just someone to fix up the errors.
Title Screen Maker

SCREENSHOTS:
2s7gdx1.png

30sx8ns.png

NOTE- Hopefully there is no errors, because I do not have any idea on scripting. I also ask that there will be no posts on asking when future releases will be released or I will hold back a release for a period of time. Please be patient, I am busy with school so it might take some time before I can get things finished, but be assured that I plan on finishing this project.

Last edited:
Years
Due to my laptop crashing I lost all my work including alpha 2, so I had to get a new laptop.

So until further notice this project will be postponed until I feel like working on this project.

Years
Well, I like your idea.
BTW, Will you change Pokemon and trainer sprite?
I mean You can replace with HG/SS sprites cuz they are way better than FR. It shouldn't be that hard cuz there are already resided and index just search it.
You can foun it Rom hacking outsources in PC.
And another thing, will team rocket have 3rd generation pokemon?
It would be good if they have cuz in FR they only use few and same pokemon.
it's kinda boring to battle with same pokemon.
Good luck

Years
Before my previous laptop crashed, I had the next release pretty much finshed. I will have to go back and redo everything I did. I did include 3rd gen pokemon for TR. Some of the Rockets I did very minor changes since I wanted some to be similar with FR.

For sprites I never thought about that, but I'll consider that when I actually start on the final beta.

I plan to resume on working on this project next month, and get everything back to what I had finished before my laptop crashed.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
Nice idea, tiles aren't hard to insert, you can look up a tutorial in the tutorials area, then 8x8 tiles shouldn't be hard to sprite
Like what you have so far!

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

Years
Nice idea, tiles aren't hard to insert, you can look up a tutorial in the tutorials area, then 8x8 tiles shouldn't be hard to sprite
Like what you have so far!

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

The tutorials for adding tiles, I do not understand them that well. To be fair though, I'm not asking for every single tile be changed, the only tiles I want to change are the Pokemon Center, Pokemon Mart, & Gyms since the other tiles to me are not that bad.

Before I start up work on this project again, I want to ask if you guys want this to be a hard version, or semi-hard?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The tiles aren't too hard to insert.
Look for Banjora's Tutorial. It's the most easiest to understand in my eyes.
As for the general idea for the game ... It seems like a basic 386 hack so far.
I'm a tad busy to play the alpha though :/

Years
The tiles aren't too hard to insert.
Look for Banjora's Tutorial. It's the most easiest to understand in my eyes.
As for the general idea for the game ... It seems like a basic 386 hack so far.
I'm a tad busy to play the alpha though :/

I'm thinking of removing the alpha, since not much has been done, so yeah it is basic but with increased levels for gym and elite 4. The next release will have way more done than the current version.

I read Banjora's tutorial and I do not understand it, but I have a learning disability to a point so that may be why I don't understand it. Tiles though will be the last thing I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back