• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)

Years
Released at Midnight June 8/9. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the newest title in the Animal Crossing series and a Nintendo 3DS exclusive.

I just picked up my copy at midnight (only to remember there is very little to do late night in Animal Crossing) The Graphics are darn pretty, and I'm in love with some of the new features (the fortune cookie and the Re-tail shop specificity)

My towns name is Kaze

My fruit is Peaches, I've acquired Cherries

I have 5 current towns folk with 1 new character already moving in.

Buck the Horse
Anchovy the Bird
Annalissa the Anteater
Tangy the Cat
Pancetti the Pig

Spoiler:

Feel free to post any pictures you take, designs you make, and if you want to meet up with anyone on the forum for a romp let us know! I would love to see all your lovely towns :)

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Just picked up my copy today. I'm in pretty much the same position as you, in regards to the spoiler tag. So excited for tomorrow! ^-^

Let's see... my town is called Paradise. My native fruit is apples, but I should be getting cherries somewhat soon. The villagers I have now are:

Alfonso (alligator)
Gigi (frog)
Curt (bear)
Victoria (horse)
Hamlet (hamster)

Also, I'm jealous that you got Tangy. :P

Years
i had mine since midnight on release i time jump so i can get to island have 5-6 of the fruits and alway have a fish rod it shop i buyed off whole frist floor and am working on second i keep 4 shark of the game as my pets and i happy to help you guys

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I have it! I'm playing it right now!

I've never been a big Animal Crossing fan but I love this game so much. I just paid off the 38,900 loan and I've still got about 50,000 leftover. Going to unlock the island tonight so I can visit it tomorrow!

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I just bought my copy today! Well, just like, two hours ago. Not much to do at night, really. xD This is my first Animal Crossing game, so this is all brand new to me. O: It's cool to see that each game is a bit different, like how people start out with different fruits and characters. And the characters are so cute! I'm loving this game so far, even if there's not much to do right now. It just makes me more excited to explore some more things tomorrow! ^^

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I received the game this afternoon and have been playing it ever since. My fruit is pears, but I should have peaches soon. :p

This is my first Animal Crossing game, so I'm quite new to how everything works but I'm learning it all pretty quickly. All of the characters are super adorable, and it's just a really relaxing game to play.

As for what you wrote in your spoiler, I just got done doing that, and for now I'm just trying to build up the amount of Bells I have by fishing and collecting seashells. I just received a net as well, so we'll see how bug-catching goes. I've also been donating a lot of stuff to the museum too.

I can't wait to explore more of what the game has to offer!

Last edited:

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
It's out here in the UK tomorrow so I'll be picking up my copy :) Very excited! I'm a complete newbie, never played it before but thought with the new 3DS game I'd jump right in. Look forward to learning lots.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I've been debating on whether to get this or not and I'm still trying to see the draw to it. I have played the Gamecube, DS, and Wii versions, but I honestly could not get into the games. There must be something wrong with me, everyone says the game is great fun and very addicting! >_< Is the 3DS version a big step up from the old ones? Maybe it could be more fun if I played with people on here instead of alone? ^ ^;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've previously played the original GameCube one and, while I liked it well enough, I didn't really delve deep enough into it to truly experience the joys that everyone else did from it. Partially because I liked to binge my way through games back then and, if anything, Animal Crossing is NOT a binge-game. But I'm really considering getting New Leaf. Partially because I have less time to play it so would need to do so a little bit every day, but mainly because it's received such good write-ups from everyone involved that I'd like to see what all the fuss is about. If I do get it, I'll be sure to share my town with the peeps here! :D

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
I really want it. ;_; Pokemon X or Y or this will probably be the only 3DS games I'll play. And finally, a villager with my name! Well it's Japanese but whatever, and the character looks really cute. In case you were wondering, my name is Natalie.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Got my copy yesterday! I only managed to play for about 20 minutes as I had to sleep for work today but I'm very excited to go home and get into it. I dont really have a clue what I'm doing just now but once I do if anyone wants to exchange FCs that'd be great :)

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Downloaded it straight at midnight on release yesterday. My towns fruit is Apples with some Oranges growing.

I'm refusing to time jump at all in this game, I want to do it properly.
The only time I time jumped was when I got it since I didn't want to wait till morning till everything was morning, then I changed it back when I went to sleep.

I'd love to visit other people's towns if anybody wants to share friend codes.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've created my very own Pawnee with Wendy and Baabara and Sheldon and Lucy and Butch and Zell is moving in and I'm already so excited and haven't even been to the island as of yet and aaaaaaaah. Even things like watering the plants is surprisingly addictive. Already planning on what to do with my first extension! :D

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So far, I think the majority of the Bells I got came mostly from selling insects. Well, granted, I've only just started today, so, I didn't caught a lot of rare insects (or much at all for that matter) but here they are:

Darner dragonfly x3 - worth 200 Bells each
Mantis - worth 430 Bells
Raja B. butterfly - worth 2,500 Bells
Agrias butterfly x2 - worth 3,000 Bells
Tiger butterfly x2 - worth 160 Bells

They helped me pay my down payment. ^^ The rest went to the museum.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
New fish are in the game? Then that means...MORE RAGING ON SEA BASSES! You can catch oarfish now? Those things are HUGE!

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I picked the game up on Thursday. I've never been a big Animal Crossing fan...I get bored of the games fast and find them really mundane and repetitive. I'm actually enjoying what I've played so far though. I won the Bug-Off today by a wide margin and I'm looking forward to getting more into the mayoral stuff since I just reached 100% approval rating today and hopefully get my development permit tomorrow. I should have my house expansion soon too since my loan is close to being paid off.

Years
I hadn't played any of the other games in the Animal Crossing series before, but I had an EB Games gift card, so figured I might as well give it a chance after hearing how popular it was.

I'm still sort of figuring things out, but I've been having fun with it so far. Other than all the introductory stuff, I've mostly been catching bugs and collecting shells to earn some more Bells, and just managed to put the down payment on my house down. Hopefully I can do a little bit more once my house gets built tomorrow, and then hopefully pick up the fishing rod.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I might get it soon, although i haven't played the other games

AC is definitely not the kind of game where you need to worry about that. :P

I got screwed a bit today because I was out and about until like 11 at night so I didn't get to do the Bug-Off and didn't get to actually buy anything/go to any stores other than the recycling store. So I haven't been able to buy a watering can yet, and I think that's why my approval rating is hovering around 90% right now. :( Hopefully tomorrow I can bump it up!

My fruit is pears but I also have some mangos and bananas growing as well as one other fruit that I've forgotten what it was - I guess I'll figure it out when they sprout!

Back