• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
First update! Wow, this has gotta be my derpiest run of HeartGold ever. I blame the Ultimate challenge, haha! :P At least it got better eventually. Well, I've just gotten my third badge, so there's progress. Here's the update in more detail:
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

Update #3

Pokémon White Version 2 ▣ 21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky Ultimate

Team

548.gif

Petilil!
Petilil • Petilil • • Level 41
Eviolite • Own Tempo
CutFlashReturnEntrainment

547.gif

A true Alabamian!
Fluffee • Whimsicott • • Level 40
Soothe Bell • Prankster
ReturnThiefCharmPoisonPowder

Progress

70px-Basic_Badge.png
70px-Toxic_Badge.png
70px-Insect_Badge.png
70px-Bolt_Badge.png
70px-Quake_Badge.png

When Charles was defeated, I proceeded to Driftveil City. After talking around, I went to the Plasma house and received a Zorua, which was PC'd soon after. I also received an Everstone from one of the citizens, which will be handy once I catch a Drifloon. After that, I did some training on Route 6 and battled every Trainer that I could find. Soon after, I remembered that I received a Sun Stone in Nimbasa City, so I used it on my Cottonee and got a Whimsicott in return. Next up was Clay's Gym, which was slightly challenging, but after spamming a few Flash attacks on Excadrill, victory was mine. Upon exiting the Gym, I was met by Clay and Hugh. After their whole conversation, I went to participate in the Driftveil Tournament and snagged an easy victory. My next stop was the drawbridge so I could catch a Ducklett that could use Surf. Currently I'm on Route 6, with the next stop being Mistralton Cave.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Username: Para-Dox
Game: LeafGreen
Ultimate: No

PARTY
Spoiler:

Even making a team for this was annoying, so I will just use a Bulbasaur and Butterfree until I get to Mt. Moon where I will get Paras!

11wildy

Me!
Years
I luckily have internet for a short moment, so I wrote down the requirements etc. I will play on my way home, in the car.

Username: 11wildy
Game: Crystal
Gen V FC for raffle: 3611-5730-8324

I still have to decide on the team, I barely know anything about Alabama... Gonna look up some stuff and decide then. As for the plushie, I will use Cyndaquil.

PS: I just LOVE the Togekiss plushie<3

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Ima sign up as soon as I figure out my team. Just want to clear something up about the Plushie.

No...it says you can pick from my plushies, but you have to keep what you pick in its first stage.

Didn't think I could make it clearer. :x
So we can use Umbreon, but not Charizard, right? Plushies that are evolved can be used?

edit: got it, never mind. Plushies are always first stage, even if you have evolved forms. I got confused since someone had a Togetic as their Alabamian.

edit2: Does Pikachu count as the "unevolved" form post Gen I? Pichu is technically the first form, although it's a baby Pokemon.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
edit: got it, never mind. Plushies are always first stage, even if you have evolved forms. I got confused since someone had a Togetic as their Alabamian.

edit2: Does Pikachu count as the "unevolved" form post Gen I? Pichu is technically the first form, although it's a baby Pokemon.

Yes, plushies must stay the first form of the line. So you see an Umbreon in the picture which means that Eevee is an option. Keep in mind, I just grabbed a picture to use for reference. I didn't take that picture recently or for this challenge, and I thought it'd be better to post that than just list everything. It's cuter than a list.

Baby Pokemon do not have to be used, but only if they're in a line with three stages. So if your game has Pichu, you can use Pikachu instead. You could use Pichu if you really wanted, but I'll allow Pikachu. The same will apply for using Togetic instead of Togepi, but only in games that include Togekiss (gen IV and V in that case. Gen II and III players will have to stick with Togepi if they choose that.. Mantyke will have to stay Mantyke if that's chosen though, because it's only a two stage line. That make sense, everyone?

Also sorry I haven't updated the list. This is a really busy month for me, and I will get around to it in my free time before the really busy stuff happens!

And again...

001.gif

Trainer Sydian
White 2
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png

501.gif

Neeko lv. 19 @ Everstone
Torrent | Adamant
[ Fury Cutter, Return, Water Gun, Razor Shell ]

037.gif

Slick lv. 20
Drought | Timid
[ Flamethrower, Hypnosis, Energy Ball, Faint Attack ]

Immediately traded in Slick the Vulpix. My paw paw's nickname was Slick, so I thought it was appropriate for this Pokemon since I mainly chose it because I watched foxes with my paw paw. Caught him up pretty quickly, got them both to level 18, and went head first into Roxie's gym with no trouble! Now we have to go do Pokestar though. So this is gonna suck. :(

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Username: jdthebud
Game: Expert Emerald, possibly FireRed: Generations (both 386 hacks by Suicune™.)
Ultimate: No way, these games are going to be hell already without eliminating STAB moves.

Team for Expert Emerald:
Petilil: Altaria (Sydian)
Alabamian: Jumpluff (Alabama)
Striker: Marowak (Striker)
Mascot: Walrein (Tuskie)
Musician: Kingler (Marcher)
Plushie: Pikachu (Plushhh)

Could Medicham qualify as a uniform Pokemon, seems like that one could work:
Spr_5b_308_m.png

Or is it not white enough? Just a suggestion.

If I do FireRed: Generations I will do another signup.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I didn't make that list of Pokemon, but I consider Medicham to be grey and pink, so I don't think that'd count I'm afraid. :( Sorry.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Username: Ahri
Game: Black 2
FC: --- I'll post it soon

I'll begin with the Challenge in about a week if that's ok, I'll get my wifi back by then.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #1 on Expert Emerald.

Name: Jd
Rival: May
Starter: Mudkip

• Started the game by picking Mudkip, and after I got Pokéballs, I caught Alabama the Hoppip on Route 103.
  • Went through Petalburg and met Wally, then went though Petalburg Forest.
  • After we reached Rustboro City, Alabama evolved into Skiploom!
  • Challenged Roxanne and Alabama soloed her easily with Razor Leaf and Absorb.
  • Moved on to Dewford Town after visiting Devon Corp and got the Old Rod, which I used to catch Marcher the Krabby there.
  • Also caught Gridiron the Cubone in Granite Cave, and trained them both on some trainers I skipped around Rustboro.
  • Went to Slateport as well to fight all the trainers there, then headed back to take on Brawly.
  • After I was able to finally take down Heracross with Alabama's Leech Seed + Return, he was defeated.
  • Went back to Slateport and went through Route 110, where I defeated May, and Alabama evolved into Jumpluff!
  • Arrived in Mauville City, and after defeating most of the trainers around the city, Gridiron evolved into Marowak!
  • Took on the gym, and Gridiron was able to easily defeat Wattson with Bonemerang, although Alabama had to Leech Seed Magneton, who has the Levitate ability in this hack.
  • Went up to Route 111 and fished up Tuskie the Spheal, and starting training her on the rest of the trainers.
  • While doing so, Marcher evolved into Kingler!
  • I am saved on Route 111.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Jd:
099.gif

Marcher the Hasty Kingler, ♂ - L30 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves: Stomp, Mud Shot, Rock Tomb, Bubblebeam
189.gif

Alabama the Bashful Jumpluff, ♀ - L30 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Air Cutter, Sleep Powder
363.gif

Tuskie the Mild Spheal, ♀ - L31
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Icy Wind, Body Slam, Water Gun, Ice Ball
105.gif

Gridiron the Careful Marowak, ♂ - L31 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Bone Club, Bonemerang, Strength, Rock Smash

HM Slaves:
290.gif

Nincada - Cut

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

Update #4

Pokémon White Version 2 ▣ 21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky Ultimate

Team

Spoiler:

Progress

70px-Basic_Badge.png
70px-Toxic_Badge.png
70px-Insect_Badge.png
70px-Bolt_Badge.png
70px-Quake_Badge.png
70px-Jet_Badge.png

After catching Aron and Axew in Mistralton Cave, I repeled my way through Chargestone Cave. Once I finally reached Mistralton City, I found myself talking to Professor Juniper. Skyla introduced herself during our conversation and Juniper went off to the Celestial Tower. On my way to the tower, I caught a Zangoose. I received the wonderful Lucky Egg once I caught up with Juniper in the tower. After doing some level grinding on Route 7, I evolved my Aron and Axew and challenged Skyla's Gym. With the help of Fraxure's Rock Tomb, I easily defeated Swoobat. Swanna wasn't too hard but it did knock out Fraxure. Skarmory was the stongest foe, knocking out everyone but Lairon.

Next Up: Celestial Tower and Lentimas Town​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Game: Pearl
Ultimate: Of course!

Honestly love what you've done with the challenge, can't wait to give it a whirl <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Time for my first update on my Emerald run ^^

Spoiler:

Badge Case
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
50px-Dynamo_Badge.png
50px-Heat_Badge.png
50px-Balance_Badge.png

Team

Petilil
333.gif

Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Sydian
Level30
❆ Timid ❆ Natural Cure
Astonish
Sing Fury Attack Safeguard

True Alabamian
315f.gif

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
Cammy
Level 32
❆ Modest ❆ Natural Cure ❆ Miracle Seed
Mega Drain
FlashGrasswhistleMagical Leaf

Crimson Tide Striker
304.gif

Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Hagane
Level 29
❆ Naive ❆ Rock Head
Metal Claw
Iron Defense Iron Tail Take Down

The Marching Musician
118f.gif

Cheery
Level 31
❆ Calm ❆ Water Veil
Secret Power
Horn Attack Flail Surf

The Plushie
255f.gif

Chi
Level 28
❆ Hardy ❆ Blaze ❆ Everstone
Quick Attack
Cut Rock Smash Ember

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hope everyone's having fun! Just posting to say that if you didn't originally sign up for the raffle, but change your mind or obtain the means to join the raffle, feel free to VM me with your FC so that I can note it in the first post. :) Which...I need to update a lot, haha. Sorry guys. I have a math final tomorrow so most of my day will be spent studying. :P

11wildy

Me!
Years
Good luck with your final!

I'm worried about my Crystal game. Its kind of lagging, especially when Bubblebeam is used. It also crashed once today and had a few minor graphical glitches. I hope I can finish the run D:

I managed to play until the radio tower part, which is where I saved.

The team (all at level 31):

Eevee (Planning to evolve to Umbreon)
-Headbutt
-Quick Attack
-Iron Tail
-Bite

Togetic (<3)
-Fly
-Headbutt
-Metronome
-Sweet Kiss

Sudowoodo
-Rock Slide
-Low Kick
-Dynamicpunch
-Mimic

Kingler
-Strenght
-Surf
-Fury Cutter
-Guillotine

Cyndaquil (Who is pretty good still!)
-Flame Wheel
-Cut
-Rollout
-Dig

After the radio tower I'll catch a Swinub to round of my team!

I've literally fought a 1vs1 between Whitney's Miltank and Togepi, which took more than an hour to finish. I did win after all this time though! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
001.gif

Birthday Girl Sydian
White 2
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png

501.gif

Neeko lv. 25 @ Everstone
Torrent | Adamant
[ Fury Cutter, Return, Water Pulse, Razor Shell ]

037.gif

Slick lv. 26 @ Leftovers
Drought | Timid
[ Flamethrower, Hypnosis, Energy Ball, Faint Attack ]

548.gif

Alli lv. 22 @ Eviolite
Chlorophyll | Gentle
[ Magical Leaf, Mega Drain, Sleep Power, Synthesis ]

Didn't take long to find Alli the Petilil and catch her up with the rest of the team. Though since I couldn't use her at all in the gym, Neeko and Slick are ahead of her again lol. Oh well. Easy fix! On to the next city. No clue when I'm gonna trade in my Aerodactyl and Phanpy tbh. I might trade in Phanpy soon and Aerodactly after Clay. We'll see.

Last edited:

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
Username: Comet7
Ultimate: Yes (this is going to hurt)
Game: Platinum
Raffle: Yes
Black FC: 1636 5964 5454

Team:
Umbreon
Rhydon - Crimson Tide
Lopunny - True Alabanian because bunnies are everywhere.
Mamoswine - Mascot
Rapidash - Marching Musician
Eevee - Plushie

Last edited:

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Username: Hackii
Game: Black 2
Ultimate: Only no STAB for Lucario, Walrein, Aggron and Zangoose

1(Petilil!): Petilil
2(A true Alabamian!): Lucario (you can catch him on the ranch... good enough?)
3(Crimson Tide striker!): Aggron
4(Team Mascot!): Walrein
5(The Marching Musician!): Zangoose
6(A plushie Pokémon!): Zorua

Thanks for this :)

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
Update #1!!!
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler: