• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Milkacrea | Online RPG

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
The game doesn't work that well. Not everything is that clear from the beginning, and it seems as the damage is randomly calculated. Some of my attacks even gave the enemy more hp, even though the log said I dealt damage. You gave us the option to battle multiple npc's but only the first one seems battle-able. Going to the map gives me an 404 error. The moves don't have any explanation, I don't know what any of them do.

EDIT: I already figured out why the NPC battles don't work, all the damage I do get's substracted from 10. So if I deal 5 damage, and next turn six, my enemy ends up with 10 hp, because damages always starts at 10 for some reason.

Also, maybe give your NPC's some names, or give us a way to check which Milka-thingy we chose, as I forgot and I can't seem to find it anymore.

Another point, maybe concentrate on improving your gameplay, instead of bothering with things such as clans and anti-bot tools, I mean, it's cool that they're there, but your game hasn't gotten enough traction yet to need those things, which at the moment makes them kind of useless, and the anti-bot Captcha's are very annoying.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
The game doesn't work that well. Not everything is that clear from the beginning, and it seems as the damage is randomly calculated. Some of my attacks even gave the enemy more hp, even though the log said I dealt damage. You gave us the option to battle multiple npc's but only the first one seems battle-able. Going to the map gives me an 404 error. The moves don't have any explanation, I don't know what any of them do.

EDIT: I already figured out why the NPC battles don't work, all the damage I do get's substracted from 10. So if I deal 5 damage, and next turn six, my enemy ends up with 10 hp, because damages always starts at 10 for some reason.

Also, maybe give your NPC's some names, or give us a way to check which Milka-thingy we chose, as I forgot and I can't seem to find it anymore.

Another point, maybe concentrate on improving your gameplay, instead of bothering with things such as clans and anti-bot tools, I mean, it's cool that they're there, but your game hasn't gotten enough traction yet to need those things, which at the moment makes them kind of useless, and the anti-bot Captcha's are very annoying.

The damage is calculated based on your 'move power' + 'attack' - enemy 'defense' . Where as 'attack' and 'defense' is 10*level . So, if your attack is less enemy defense, they will gain hp.

I know that it is a bad formula. I will be coming up with a better formula.

Name for NPC? Well, I decided not to have NPC but instead have wild Milkacrea (when map is ready). So, for the time begin, NPC will be the name.

Oh, you can see your profile clicking at our logo. Or here. - Provided, you logged in.

The captcha might be annoying (I agree), but it help us prevent botting. For now, there is only 2% chances that you will encounter captcha. To reward legit member, we will be rewarding them with some coins (in the future).

Thanks for the feedback. I hope that answer your question.

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
The damage is calculated based on your 'move power' + 'attack' - enemy 'defense' . Where as 'attack' and 'defense' is 10*level . So, if your attack is less enemy defense, they will gain hp.

I know that it is a bad formula. I will be coming up with a better formula.

I checked again, and the damage seems to be calculated differently for you and the npc. I'm quite sure I was right when I said that the damage is always substracted from ten instead of the actual health. Only if the defense changes when damage is taken, and changes so that when you take damage, your health goes up with the exact amount of 10 - dealt damage, then you're right. Also, the damage is not constant, if I use a move twice in a row, the damage is different, why is that, I can't seem to find it in the formula.

I trained to level two, which was only possible by buying a move, as the standard moves never dealt more then 10 damage, so I couldn't knock out my enemies, and now I can't level up anymore, both me and the enemy deal more then 20 damage, everytime we attack, and we both have 20 health. This means every battle ends in draw and it's impossible to progress. I looked to see if there was a way to boost my defense, but I couldn't really find it.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
I checked again, and the damage seems to be calculated differently for you and the npc. I'm quite sure I was right when I said that the damage is always substracted from ten instead of the actual health. Only if the defense changes when damage is taken, and changes so that when you take damage, your health goes up with the exact amount of 10 - dealt damage, then you're right. Also, the damage is not constant, if I use a move twice in a row, the damage is different, why is that, I can't seem to find it in the formula.

I trained to level two, which was only possible by buying a move, as the standard moves never dealt more then 10 damage, so I couldn't knock out my enemies, and now I can't level up anymore, both me and the enemy deal more then 20 damage, everytime we attack, and we both have 20 health. This means every battle ends in draw and it's impossible to progress. I looked to see if there was a way to boost my defense, but I couldn't really find it.

I'm aware of this issues, I am already working on a better formula. The damage is different is because it is randomly picked from your move minimum attack and maximum attack.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm aware of this issues, I am already working on a better formula. The damage is different is because it is randomly picked from your move minimum attack and maximum attack.

Great that it's being worked on. How is it an issue with the formula?

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Great that it's being worked on. How is it an issue with the formula?

Well, because the attack is not calculated. Thus, cant beat a level 2 NPC.

Edited:
New Updates - Chatroom is ready, Forums Bugs Fixed, Social Buttons, New attack and xp formula, maximum level increased.
Thanks for the feedback, MorrallyIncorrect. I have updated the game with a better attack formula. Hopefully this work well.

Last edited:

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
NPC Battle is disabled. Fear not, Wild Milkacrea battle is up and running! Five maps with different types of Milkacrea! Check us out!

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Hello PokeCommunity!

Today, with the new 'Potential Values' added, Milkacrea have a new battle formula. The formula is a modified version of Pokemon formula. So, this should work well.

What is Potential Values? Potential Values is a random number generated when you register. There is four Potential Values, Health, Attack, Defense and Speed. Those can greatly help (or worst) you in battle.

Can we change our Potential Values? For now, no. In the future, yes. You will be able to change your Potential Values in the laboratory. And it will require you to pay some cash and/or coins.

Happy training!

- jacktheking

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
[Update #8] Gym Leaders Added

Hello all!

This morning, I added in 4 gym leaders.
You can only battle them if you are in their city and have enough badges.
If you win them, they will give you a badge.
You can than show those badges to the security officer in map.
And they will allow you into the route/forest/cave.
It is said that Route 9, Supreme cave, have legendary live in there.

Will you be seeing one? Oh well, battle the gyms! Hunt for legendary in the Supreme Cave!

- inTech, happy gaming! ^^

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Hello Pokemon Fans!

It have been a long time since I publish the last update on Milkacrea! Well, three more days and it will be Milkacrea 'monthiversary'! It is great to see that Milkacrea is still growing everyday!

There wont be any celebration (not sure? :o).. Anyway, here's what I have for you today.

Forums Bug Fixed: I fixed the bug where 'posts' date and time is always in the 1970 year (LoL!) .
Forums Layout: In the past, I use line-break to split threads and posts. Now, I use table. It look cleaner and better.
Forums Edit Feature: Now, you can edit your threads and posts.

That's all for today, as promised, Game center will be up soon.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Milkacrea Mini-Game Area is up since Monday! Quick! Spin the thing and win some cash or coins!

Also, updated first thread of moderators requirement. PM me here on PC or in-game for application.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Hello PokeGamers!!

Currently, all the core features is ready! Now, you can obtain DNA from the wild. Using DNA, you can transform yourself into another Milkacrea in the laboratory using Dr. Frank new invention, Transforming Machine. Dr. Frank not only invented the Transforming Machine, he also invented the Potential Values Changing Machine. As the name suggest, now you can change your Potential Values. It's still in Beta, so Dr. Frank will allow you to use it for free. It may cost around $1000 next time, so.. act quick! Change your potential values today!
Also, there is a new place call 'Game Area'. You will be able to play various games to earn some coins or cash. Currently, game area offer two mini-games. Which is, Daily Reward and 50/50 [NPC].

Daily Reward
Daily Reward will reward you with coins everyday.

First day → 5 Coins
Second day → 10 Coins
Third day → 15 coins
Fourth day → 20 coins
Fifth day + → 25 coins

It is a consecutive daily reward system. Which mean, if you miss one day, you will need to restart again. So, be sure to log-in everyday!

50/50 [NPC]
Not enough coins (or cash)? Why not place some bets with the NPC? There's 50% chance which you will double your coins or cash. There's also 50% chance which you can lost your coins or cash. That's why it is called the '50/50' game.
Sound great? Well, not really. You are only able to make five bets per day. Once reached five bets, you will have to wait for the next day to place your bets again.

More mini-games shall be added. The next patch would contain some bugs and grammars fix.

Happy (indieing) gaming!

- inTech, owner of Milkacrea.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Some bugs was fixed last week - including chatroom bug.

Not only fixed bug for chatroom, I added in something new to the chatroom. MilkaBot (a chat bot) will respond to your message. Try saying 'Hi', 'Hello', ':)', 'MilkaBot' (and many more) in the chatroom.. Guess how would MilkaBot reply?
Register here! No email needed!

b773a5d21fe272aa25cde6b1db29f730.png

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm sorry but the bot sounds like a stereotypical Indian helpline desk.

I would try to fix the grammar.

Halo! What's up Should be Hey, what's up?
A Halo is the glowing golden ring above angels.

Yes? Is there anything I can help? Should be Yes? Is there anything I can help you with?

Also, forgot my password, no e-mail needed, can't create a new account, so I won't be able to play your game. You really need to think that system through.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
I'm sorry but the bot sounds like a stereotypical Indian helpline desk.

I would try to fix the grammar.

Halo! What's up Should be Hey, what's up?
A Halo is the glowing golden ring above angels.

Yes? Is there anything I can help? Should be Yes? Is there anything I can help you with?

Also, forgot my password, no e-mail needed, can't create a new account, so I won't be able to play your game. You really need to think that system through.

Alright thanks I'll fix both of them. I mean to type 'Hola' ('Hello' in Spanish) for the first one..

Hmm.. I will be making a 'Forgot password' system soon. However, only player with email will be able to reset their password. The password algorithm will be changed since the current one is old.

Since the password is hashed in the database, I wont be able to manually reset for you.. Anyway, why dont you create a new account? I will limit three accounts per IP.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Good luck on this make sure to use image tags

Image is too big. Quoting the images dont make the thread nice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello everyone.

I apologize that I could not update Milkacrea for the past 6 months. I will continue to update Milkacrea as usual. If you have any suggestion or improvement please feel free to PM me in game. We might not use this custom coded forums. We need to communicate more with each other and this forums is not on it feet. We might be switching to MyBB forums soon.

The Milkacrea shop will be close soon. So, grab your items before it is closed. I aim to make Milkacrea a player-driven economy. You will be able to find item parts in the wild. You will need to collect many parts before you can 'craft' a new item out. More ways to earn coins will be introduced.

For the time being, bond with each others and Milkacrea shall stay strong~!

Back