• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eye of the Storm (DarkMage is back!)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Okay, i did some filesize comparisons. The UNCOMPRESSED avi was about 11 Megabytes for a 50-frame animation running at 30 frames per second. I could compress it, but everyone would need to download the proper codecs first, and that's a pain.

The sequence of .png files was MUCH less. I ran it through RPG Maker and it looks sick even at 10 frames per second. I added a slight motion blur so it doesn't look as choppy. Anyhow, I might offer two versions to download.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
tomorrow i leave for sleepaway camp for 3 weeks. So of course don't expect any updates. I'll be thinking about the story a lot though, so expect more of a sense of direction when i get back. Bye guys!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Alright, I'm back. At camp I made a lot more of the script and drew a lot more concept art which will be unlockable in the game (if I can get my scanner working :D)

Expect more updates soon

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Wow, I still remember when you left for sleepaway camp last year XD *reminisces of the old days*

Anyway, I can't wait to see more updates on this game.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
wow, i'm surprised to hear you remember!

I worked on the introductory sequence for the CIA character yesterday. I have mostly all of it all done in my notebook, but making the gfx is a pain in the you-know-where.

Happily, the gfx are done except for some sprites, so I'll post some screens soon.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I can see a lot of devotion to the game, DM! Good luck on the GFX mate. I'm sure it'll be perfect~ since it's coming from you. ^^

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Ok. After a long leave from these forums, I'm back... for now. Yes, I have worked on EOTS. No, I have not worked on it a lot. BUT! I have accomplished a lot. I'm working on my laptop which does not have internet, so it will not be easy to show screens. So take it by my word that it is shaping up to be really sexy.

I've decided just to do 2 agencies: CIA and NSA. Anything else lacks recognizability. If I were to make up my own agency people would dismiss it as not realistic, whereas it actually would be (just speculation). Hey, 2 games in 1 isn't bad :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
This was a very nice coincidence! Anyway, looking forward to seeing the work you've been getting on with!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
man, if I don't update this thread will get purged, lol

Anyway, hello again everyone. Life's good, school's tough, the whole nine yards. EOTS is coming together. Sorta. The most time-consuming part is composing the music. After that's done I can concentrate more on the actual game part. Can't wait to share some with you!

Back