• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That Jellicent would have looked good on my Ruby team

Sirfetch’d

BW introduced quite a few new Pokemon that were all amazing, but some are so amazing that I wished they would have been introduced sooner than now. So my question is if you could pick ONE Unova Pokemon or ONE evo line that you wished would have been introduced sooner who would it be and why? Would it have been more helpful in a previous generation, do you think it fits in better on an older game, or do you just love it so much that you wish that you could have enjoyed it longer. Discuss...

Years
Bisharp would be so awesome in RBY. It would've worked so well with Sydney in the E4. It's so b-a though, I wish I got to enjoy it then.

Omg a Bisharp and Absol tag team would be like sharp object heaven.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Petilil should have been introduced in gen I so that I could say I've loved it as long as I've loved Pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Bisharp, even though it won't be able to use its Dark STAB for the previous gens prior to D/P/Pt, it'll still be able to take care of Psychic types with its Steel STAB.

blue

gucci
Years
Gastrodon was originally intended to be in RSE but it got postponed to DPPT, that would have been interesting.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Gastrodon was originally intended to be in RSE but it got postponed to DPPT, that would have been interesting.

Just a reminder that this thread is only for Unova Pokemon and not ones from other regions. :)

As for me... Braviary seems p simple in design so it could've easily been a gen 1 Pokemon tbh and would've been a nice strong attacking option compared to Farfetch'd.

Years
HERE'S TO HOPING MULTI-QUOTES WORK OOPS

This may not be entirely relevant, so in the spoiler tags it goes.
Spoiler:

Purrloin and Liepard could have been an interesting replacement for Skitty/Delcatty! Both are cat types, but the Dark-type cats do have interesting designs and could have had cool movesets. I personally remember that the only thing going for Skitty was Assist.

Blitzle and Zebstrika could have done well in Johto, specifically as a counterpart to the brightly-colored Girafarig. But it might have made more sense if it was Dark/Electric to Girafarig's Psychic/Normal? I dunno.

Dwebble and Crustle may have made interesting replacements/counterparts to Krabby/its evolution.

Deerling/Sawsbuck would have been beasts in DPPT with a few changes. If there transformations were changed from season to area, like Spring in Floaroma and routes around in, Summer in most routes (?), Fall in Solaceon (because of the calmer area?), and most importantly, Winter in the snowy routes and city. I feel it could've added as much oomph to the addition of snowy areas in Sinnoh as it added oomph to the addition of Sinnoh in BW. :0

Ferroseed/Ferrothorn would look real nice next to Pineco/Forretress in a dex.

The Litwitch line would have been a perfect addition to the lacking amount of Ghost-types in Kanto/Johto.

I'm done for now, haha. Too tired for more.

Years
If Oshawott, Dewott and Samurott were introduced in 1st Gen I would have been an Oshy Fangirl from Day 1 of the ENTIRE FRANCHISE.

And I do agree with whoever said Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure should have existed in the earlier generations to help accommodate the lack of 1st and 2nd Gen Ghost-types.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
The elemental monkeys should have appeared in gen 4 or 3 imo but then, they would need some new elemental trio to replace the monkeys which may look bad ( or good) :P

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
Years
Roggenrola would have been a good replacement for geodude in R/S/E. Gamefreak used geodude way to much he was in all of the regions except unova

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
lol. one Pokemon is difficult for me to choose! After thinking for so long, I'm gonna have to go for Mienfoo/Mienshao. This Pokemon is the most powerful fighting-type Pokemon I've ever used, and it would be extremely useful for me in my Generation 2 team. I mean, Whitney? Jasmine? Pryce? The Elite Four? Piece of cake.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Nix Stantler and put spring Sawsbuck in GSC, then give it Deerling as a pre-evo in RSE and introduce the season-changing visuals in BW. Its popularity would boost to levels that Stantler could never dream of.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I would loved it if Braviary's line was introduced Gen 1 or 2. I don't get why they didn't introduced a bald eagle Pokemon earlier. And their design seems to fit with Gen 1 Pokemon. I think they would of replaced Spearow/Fearow or Doduo/Dodrio or if in gen 2 Hoothoot/Noctowl's counterparts.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
OMFG why did they put SANDSHREW first instead of SANDILE??? So, yah.

I agree with this. Plus Krookodile is alot stronger than Sandslash by a long shot. It would also probably be like Magnemite, and gain it's Dark-type status in gen 2, though I think Dark and Steel should of been types in gen 1 since Psychic was very overpowered at the time and created a lack of balance.

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
I think I would have loved to see Carracosta's line in Gen III or Gen IV, no real reason why. I just think they look awesome.

For a practical reason, I think Throh and Sawk should have been introduced in Gen II as an equivalent to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee and they should have moved Hitmontop back a generation.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I wish Garbodor would of been introduced in Gen I so people would be using it to show how much better designs were back then than the "crappy" Gen V designs now.

Marry me.
Honestly, I wish all the Generation I Pokemon were introduced in Generation V instead, so people would stop defending them purely because of nostalgia glasses, and actually take them for what they really are.

I mean, Muk is sort of cute but Garbodor is really adorable. In my opinion, of course.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree with this. Plus Krookodile is alot stronger than Sandslash by a long shot. It would also probably be like Magnemite, and gain it's Dark-type status in gen 2, though I think Dark and Steel should of been types in gen 1 since Psychic was very overpowered at the time and created a lack of balance.

imo Krookodile would've been too strong for generation one, and Sandslash would really have nothing unique now, other than being a Rapid Spinner. I think it's good for generation five tbh.

Back