• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
Years
*Reads Jason's post* ...

...O__O!!

Well things definitely took a major turn for the worse

Great first impression by the way. Pretty sure Grieger's gonna have something to say about THAT ... I'll hold out on posting until then. :D

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Oh, okay. If theres a problem with Burgh, I can change it to a trainer in his gym. Which is really what I should do anyway, I really only used Burgh because he was an artist, like my character. Also because he's well known. So, I'll just fix it.

And....I'm hoping for a lot of interaction with other RPers, so if anybody has an idea for us to meet up, please tell me. (once I actually get accepted, of course)

P.S. About Burgh and which team he's on...theres a reason Arti was adopted. Lets just say that :P

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yeah, the flip out was awesome! I'll have fun letting Lucia react to it. Conflict just makes any rp very fun to me. :D

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
On the topic of relationships to canon characters, I'd like to put my two cents in mostly for the sake of giving my opinion XD Personally, it's never bothered me so long as the relationship is concrete and isn't something you simply decided for the sake of giving you an excuse to make your character overly powerful, or something. But as mentioned, it would be bothersome if there is an official statement about your the person your character is related to that disproves your character's very existence. But rp's are mostly imaginative plotlines that deviate from the canon anyways, so I don't think it's really that big of a deal, in the end. (Especially since I have difficulties calling the anime in particular 'canon') But I digress, your bio looks good.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
On the topic of relationships to canon characters, I'd like to put my two cents in mostly for the sake of giving my opinion XD Personally, it's never bothered me so long as the relationship is concrete and isn't something you simply decided for the sake of giving you an excuse to make your character overly powerful, or something. But as mentioned, it would be bothersome if there is an official statement about your the person your character is related to that disproves your character's very existence. But rp's are mostly imaginative plotlines that deviate from the canon anyways, so I don't think it's really that big of a deal, in the end. (Especially since I have difficulties calling the anime in particular 'canon') But I digress, your bio looks good.

Yeah, thats pretty much how I feel.

But, I'm not the only person here, and its not a big deal to me, so its no problem for me to have changed it. Like I said, it wasn't a selling point for my character anyway.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
Years
Haha! It'd definitely be worth seeing!

Mark, Lusca and Danielle (Well Ozzy at least) seem to have no idea what to say with this. But I think I'll have Lusca say something about Isaac's little speech , cause it was kind of rude and random for him to "omg off" on Lucia like that.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
The problem is I don't need mroe enemies. its getting annoying Isaac has like six, and I never intend it. People just turn his accidents into attacks on them and their values. I mean the potato wasn't even meant to do anything other then make Isaac come over and talk. I'm trying to fix it now with the others by using his sob story.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Alright. Finally got my second opinion on Lieutenant Colonel Fantastic's app.

My reaction is actually more to the thread itself. While having prior interaction with canons is a death sentence in fanfiction, we're not writing fanfiction, and in fact the same rules do not apply. Two completely separate audiences expecting completely separate things, generally.

Besides, by the looks of it Fantastic has not done anything particularly out of character--

We don't know if Burgh has kids (I always personally assumed he played for the other team)

...Lincoln, y u no help end steretypes D;

P.S. About Burgh and which team he's on...theres a reason Arti was adopted. Lets just say that :P

4PxGs.gif
... I don't think you meant to imply exactly one of the several things you just implied.

BRB brainbleach

Regardless, considering what you just revealed it might be better if you did change that small detail yes. Just because it might cause some friction among RPers regarding proper treatment of major canons that I don't think either of us particularly want to deal with.

But hey, once you do that you can consider yourself approved.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
People and their personal realities over how characters should be like...psshhh! D:< I never understood why people tend to get angry when a cannon character isn't portrayed the way they want. I've seen characters portrayed very differently among canon manga, anime, games, and so on, and yet people decide that if it's not the way they like, they've got to make a problem out of it >.<

But yeah, you've got to take into account other people's opinions. As you said, Lt. Col. Fantastic (love the name, by the way) we're not the only ones here and the difference really doesn't matter, in the end.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
So....you're saying once Arti isn't Burgh's son, I can join? Because I did that recently.

Oh...and sorry if my joke was offensive. I have nothing against the 'other team'. I just find Burghs position on it...humerous.

Oh! ninja'd (sorta) by silver! Thanks man.

And your name is cool too! LCF is an inside joke with my friend, whom I call Lt. Col. Amazing.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
*shivers* Yellow can I borrow some please.... I'm fresh out of brainbleach. Only got automatic facepalmer. It instantly smacks you with a plam tree whenever you need it.

anyway. You have any tips for not making everyone IC hate me. I have a terrible streak with it.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Lt. Col. Fantastic: Yup! Welcome aboard~ You may begin posting as soon as you wish. c:

Oh, and it's just the way you phrased it... It resulted in unfortunate implications. |D But yeah, clearly an accident. Regardless...

@Jasonwolf: Well that's a tough question. Most people want their characters to have enemies. It keeps things interesting. I myself am amused in a bitter-sweet manner that Valorie doesn't have more enemies than she does. Too many people are all love n' tolerance around her attitude. |P

It's rather difficult for me to answer that question without getting a glimpse into the minds of the RPers that chose to have their characters become his enemy, honestly. @_@

My first recommendation would be not to aggravate the RPers. An irritated RPer is likely to opt for less favorable reactions when plausible. I'd say that a sob story is often considered perhaps an overdone method of gaining sympathy and that you may want to try something a bit more ... humble? Lite?

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
*shivers* Yellow can I borrow some please.... I'm fresh out of brainbleach. Only got automatic facepalmer. It instantly smacks you with a plam tree whenever you need it.

anyway. You have any tips for not making everyone IC hate me. I have a terrible streak with it.

Well, think of it this way. If your character seems to be getting a bad rep around alot of characters even if its unintentional, make it a challange for him to fix that once he realizes that he might be approaching things the wrong way. Maybe he's doing it right and the people around him just react differently? Either way, think of it as a piece of development for your character. It makes him interesting to have a flaw like that.

Just look at it as a challange for your character to overcome and develop off of that. Maybe he could have a history of this kind of thing happening to him in the past? That could fit it well if you'd want to do that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
@Yellow I didn't say which team Burgh played for, just suggested that it's a different one to my own. y u no help end assumptions? (You were right though.)

@the discussion at large; Canon characters in roleplay don't bother me at all. After all, we have mother&$£"ing Gary Oak as our headmaster of a fictional island. But as someone stated, people playing characters related to canon characters (when there has been no statement by canon that such relatives exist) very often goes hand in hand with Mary Sue's, and I've had bad experiences with that in the past. Not to say of course I believe the Lt. Col. would play like that, just that this has been my past experience.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
I'm basically parroting Lincoln here but I'll continue anyway.

I have no issue with people being related to canon characters. I am however wary of them because of past experiences with such characters being Mary Sues to the power of 10. Reading through the Lt. Col. 's SU it seems he'll not fall into this trap and as Burgh is not too major a character in Pokemon (relative to the leading characters of the anime/manga) I cant say i see too much of an issue with it.

My previous post was more of a friendly warning as to the prejudices of the RP community as a whole and as Pkmn Trainer Academy is a relaxed RP with some Canon characters involved i cant see anyone really having an issue here.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Does anybody want to give Arti a tour of the Academy? If so, we can meet up in the dorm area, and perhaps become friends (we'd be at least aquaintences, since Arti has a knack for getting people to like him)

Also, we could go shopping in Oak Town :D Thats going to be my next stop, after I get a good idea of where things are in the campus.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I solved it! All Isaac needs is a wingman! Orion is here to save the day. guys please have mercy on Isaac now. Orion will back him up, and then we can get off on the right foot.]

EDIT: please report the spammer/troll on the IC thread.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'm wondering what's keeping jackblaze & PinkSapphire to post? :\ I know Pink's asleep right now, but I don't know what jack's doing right now.

Yellow, how do I get a Riolu egg again?

Flyborg

I was halfway to Gotham City
Years
I think I'll get started with my first roleplay

Name: Wesley Stacker

Nickname: "Wess"

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance: His most notable feature is his comically large blonde afro (which he has tried to tame and make less noticeable.) His square dark rimmed glasses and a gangly build definitely doesn't make him look like any less of a dork. He usually sports an striped blue button-up shirt with a white undershirt and tan khaki pants.

Personality: As bold of a hairstyle the guy has, Wess is a pretty introverted kinda guy. He usually prefers the company of pokemon then people; not to say he's a misanthrope, he just likes his friends at a manageable number. A bit of a slob, and could stand to shower more. He is laid back until an attractive girl shows up; he then becomes Flustered McFlusterd-pants. He has a bit of a tendency to be judgmental, jealous, and to hold a grudge, but he is kind at heart. He is very passionate about battling, but he's not in it for the fame and glory, he mostly sees it as good fun. He really doesn't care much for jock-like people due to bullying issues, so much that he barely gives them a chance.

And if you value your fingers, don't call him "Blonde-Fro"

History: Being born and raised in Gateon Port,Orre, specifically in Orre, being a trainer could get expensive if you were picky, what with pokemon import fees and all. sure there was wild pokemon, but they were too much of a hassle for most people to even bother catching. Wess' mother worked at the pokemon center as a receptionist while his father worked in the shipyard.

Pokemon training has been on Wess' priorities since he could remember. He got his first pokemon at 6 years old when his parents bought an egg from a merchant as a birthday present. The egg hatched into a scraggy and the two were inseparable ever since.

Three years later Wess won a junior's tournament hosted by the pokemon center and won a happiny as a prize. The following year the boy wanted to camp out at the cave pokespot see if he could catch something. After a month and a half of waiting, he snagged (Orre humor :B) a wooper.

He now wants to further his studies on battling and maybe make some friends (hopefully of the female variety.)

Pokémon:

Franklin the Scraggy

Franklin is energetic, mischievous, and Wess' closest pokemon. When out of his pokeball he is either goofing around with his trainer or Remedy, or getting on Muddy's nerves. He has a brother-sister relationship with Remedy, and tries to get Muddy to lighten up and stop being a prude

Lv25
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Payback
-Ice Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Double Team

Remedy the Chansey

Like most chansey, Remedy is a big round ball of optimism and joy. She also has an odd blood-lust hardly seen in her species and is always itching for a battle. Franklin is like a little brother to her and hates to see Muddy by himself all the time.

Lv23
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Minimize
-Sing
-Seismic Toss
-Dream Eater

Muddy the Quagsire

Muddy is a very cold and distant pokemon despite his friendly appearance. Most of the time he is with Wess, annoyed by his other pokemon's fun, being the prude he is. In truth, he excepts Franklin and Remedy as family, he just wont show it.

Lv22
-Water Pulse
-Mud Bomb
-Slam
-Protect
-Yawn
-Recover

I hope I did good. I will try my best to be active. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back