• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
"sampika08" where you get r4ds emulator?,can i play there my heartgold and soulsilver w/out any problems like "crashin or freezes"?.,

..help me

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if and R4DS is like the R4 I have, then you play it on your DS. It's like a normal DS game, but you download it to the cartridge.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Uchica... R4ds is used on a proper nintendo ds, its just you put the roms on a cartridge.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
5. GBA BIOS
Never, ever change the Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA BIOS. If you do this and save the options, you've screwed up. Or at least, you will think you have when you realize that every time you load the ROM, the ROM image crashes. However, there is a way around this, and you do not need to reinstall the emulator. You can manually reset the settings without even using the emulator. Go to the folder or location where your NO$GBA emulator is. It should have thrown five pieces of junk into the same location. BATTERY, SLOT, etc. Find the on that is only named NO$GBA, and the icom is a notebook with bits and bobs and cogs or whatever surrounding it. Hover over it and it should say something about Configuration Settings, and be approximately 2KBs large. Delete this file, or move it to a different location. When you load the emulator, it will be unable to locate the settings, and replace them with the default ones. Change them as neccissary, and never make that same miststake again.

This only apply to people who don't have the BIOS and Firmware files, as well as having their ROMs decrypted in the first place. So yeah, I always use the GBA BIOS, making sure the ROMs I play are encrypted.

Hence HG/SS all finished without any patches or AR codes.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Played on my DS, got to Cherrygrove after battling rival. Crashed twice. Blacked out. This is on my R4DS and with the rudolph patch. I am tryin the AR right now to avoid black outs (yn) Got my lvl3 Hoothoot called Fowlerr and my lvl 9 Cyndaquil called Burnabau. Will trade Chikorita over so I have two starters. No need to get Totodile as I have him on my japanese one :)

Rocket Executive Josh

Rocket Executive
Years
..i have a problem w/ my no$gba ,i'm playing pokemon heartgold - when i'm finish w/ the fourth gym its start crashing all the time that says:"rom imge has crash"? and when i open it, its always crashing...

"sorry, but im new about this"

..what i'am going to do ?.,please help me

..how do you do that w/ no crashing?

If it is crashing every time you open it, then delete the file called No$GBA with a logo as a notebook with some bits and bobs around it. It should be in the same location as the emulator.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
Rocket Executive Josh;

If it is crashing every time you open it, then delete the file called No$GBA with a logo as a notebook with some bits and bobs around it. It should be in the same location as the emulator.

..its not working ,its always crash again ..what can i do next?.,

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Mine crashes a bout once every 15-25 mins. When I am walking through a door. So I just save before now :/JUst about to battle Faulkner. Fowller (lvl 8) (Hoothoot) Berbattov (lvl8) (Zubat) Aqualani (lvl8) (Wooper) Nghost (lvl8) (Ghastly) and Burnabau (lvl12) (Cyndaquil).

I have tried to catch pokemon I dont usually get:-
eg. In Heart Gold (J) I got Mareep, Pidgey, Geodude, Cyndaquil, Totodile and Red.G.
Now I am going to have Ghastly (which I often get), Wooper (1st time), Zubat (2nd time), Hoothoot (1st) Cyndaquil (1000th :P) and Chikorita hopefully.

The game is awfully crashy... but hopefully a patch will come out which avoids all this. I am praying that I can carry on after the 4th Gym. (yn)

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2010
people, stop whining about crashing, just get yourself No$Gba 2.6a and Firmware.bin file. I've just beaten Red and I don't have major problems (besides freezing once about 30 minutes, and only 1 crash in entire game). Just save every 15 minutes and close your emulator once every hour. If you want to increase your chances, use additionally this patch on your rom:

gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217811

or even use the translation patch which translates 99% of text in japanese rom:

gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=216406

Patch which will fix 100% anti-piracy might not be ever created - only emulator users and some older flashcart users still have problems - majority of people dont have them now, so almost no one is working on it now.

Last edited:
Years
This only apply to people who don't have the BIOS and Firmware files, as well as having their ROMs decrypted in the first place. So yeah, I always use the GBA BIOS, making sure the ROMs I play are encrypted.

Hence HG/SS all finished without any patches or AR codes.
wait, so if we do have the bios and firmware, we're supposed to change the setting to gba bios?
I left mine on "start cartridge directly" and I'm not having any major problems so far though

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
READ THIS CAREFULLY
I have found a working patch and encryption for Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver the US version provided you already have a clean and unpatched ROM. Follow the instructions I have provided in the various text files precisely and you'll get a working unfreezing copy of HGSS. Everything except the Rom and Emulator is included. I played my fix for 2 hours without a single crash.

Includes
- Rudolph's Patch
- A reliable Encrypter
- Certain files you'll find useful if you can't seem to play the game or find them

Download the fix here (it is in .zip format, so you can unzip it using Windows):
http://www.mediafire.com/?aozymwjmh53

To clarify, this works for NO$GBA 2.6a Not sure about DesMuMe

I have tested this fix using a copy of SoulSilver
I beat 46 trainers, 2 gym leaders (Morty and Whitney) fought about 20 wild Pokemon battles, walked through about 50 doors without saving a single time. I didn't get a single crash. I have 4 Gym Badges and have a total play time of 9 hours and 43 minutes. (oh yeah, also played the Bug Catching contest, though I lost, that one's really good when it doesn't freeze up :3)

Why this should work
1) Rudolph's patch fixes everything EXCEPT THE BLACKSCREEN.

2) Because the Blackscreen is caused by Nintendo's anti-piracy detecting that we are running a rom on an emulator, and NOT an actual DS. This is why Rudolph's patch ON ITS OWN works for Flashcarts but not no$gba. So then I put in the BIOS, encrypt the ROM and run the rom from Nintendo Logo which then fools the Rom into thinking that it's an actual DS, hence bypassing Blackscreen.

3) Because Blackscreen AR codes cause random freezes this is why I have to encrypt the ROM in order to bypass Blackscreen, instead of using the codes.

Last edited:

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
READ THIS CAREFULLY
I have found a working patch and encryption for Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver the US version provided you already have a clean and unpatched ROM. Follow the instructions I have provided in the various text files precisely and you'll get a working unfreezing copy of HGSS. Everything except the Rom and Emulator is included. I played my fix for 2 hours without a single crash. The patch was created by Rudolph.

Download the fix here (it is in .zip format, so you can unzip it using Windows):

I finally figured out that the anti-black screen AR codes caused random crashes on the Emulators, though Rudolph's patch completely eradicated freezes for all the Flashcarts. Therefore, I avoided using those cheats through the use of encryption.

I have tested this fix
I beat 46 trainers, 2 gym leaders (Morty and Whitney) fought about 20 wild Pokemon battles, walked through about 50 doors without saving a single time. I didn't get a single crash. I have 4 Gym Badges and have a total play time of 9 hours and 43 minutes. Have fun with it guys!

Tried this and it didn't work :S
After the whole process the rom crashes as soon as i open it in the emulator, where did you find this info?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
.. hey DESTINY, where can i find clean hg rom? i try in romulation but it is protected .,where can i get some clean hg us rom?.,

..and somebody can help me where can i find a clean rom thanks!!!...

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Micadi- This is an altered the fix is for no$gba 2.6a. I included an encrypter to make it work for no$.

This fix should work because:
1) Rudolph's patch fixes everything EXCEPT THE BLACKSCREEN.

2) Because the Blackscreen is caused by Nintendo's anti-piracy detecting that we are running a rom on an emulator, and NOT an actual DS. This is why Rudolph's patch ON ITS OWN works for Flashcarts but not no$gba. So then I put in the BIOS, encrypt the ROM and run the rom from Nintendo Logo which then fools the Rom into thinking that it's an actual DS, hence bypassing Blackscreen.

3) Because Blackscreen AR codes cause random freezes this is why I have to encrypt the ROM in order to bypass Blackscreen, instead of using the codes.

---------------------
Mason69- The patch was made by someone else, namely Rudolph, and I found it off GBAtemp. I used the reasoning above and my experience of the Japanese Rom told me that Encryption bypassed the Blackscreen. So then because I knew that AR codes caused freezes I encrypted instead
And what is the precise error message from no$gba 2.6a displayed on your screen and are you running Windows? (screenshot if you can :/)

and. DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER RESET THE EMULATOR, UNLESS YOU WANT THE EMULATOR AND ROM TO CRASH

Firstly in answer to your problem. Are you sure you've done the following?
1) You must have encrypted the ROM (if it's not successfully encrypted it WILL CRASH)
2) Done this? (You must have encrypted first to do this without crashing)
visualguide.png

uchiha_madara15- I'm not allowed to tell you where to find them actually >.< And I'm playing SoulSilver

Last edited:

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
I am the ultimate noob when it comes to this stuff so don't think I'm stupid for asking.
Is it possible to convert HG/SS from a DS file to a GBA file and actually have it work?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
..ok then., amm can you send me the link through my email?., if its possible?? either hg or ss clean rom .. THANKX!!!!!!!!!!! i hope it

"destitny"

and another thing ,some of your post are not working on me....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back