• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GFA's Pixel Place

Atomic Reactor

Brock is good, i would reduce the larger spikes by one pixel.
Misys hair, the little flip on our left is a tad to big.
Jesse's hair doesnt look anything like that? I would redo it.
James hair needs some edditing, just fill in that gap on the top.
To much black outline on butch and cassidys hair (the front flippy parts)
Giovanni is good.

You've improved since last time :)
you seem to always have issues with hair lol.

Blue Beedrill

Im Beeeeding you.....
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2010
These are awesome.
They look better then the actual ones.
Nice Work BaconBoy.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Ash looks good. Finally
Brock is good, i would reduce the larger spikes by one pixel. Hmm, yeah but then he'd be to short in comparison to Ash
Misys hair, the little flip on our left is a tad to big. ... It's been bigger, but I'll see if I can make it look better
Jesse's hair doesnt look anything like that? I would redo it. I actually kind of like her the way she is. (With the flip and everything, though normally, you'd see it from the bac) Could you be a little more specific about what looks wrong?
James hair needs some edditing, just fill in that gap on the top. Okey-Dokey
To much black outline on butch and cassidys hair (the front flippy parts) I agree
Giovanni is good. Yay! He's Kind of simple though

You've improved since last time :)
you seem to always have issues with hair lol.

Compliments & critique...Yay!

Last edited:

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Right well lets start from the top left shall we, with ash right everything looks great here, this is indeed a very good and acurate sprite, the hair looks perfect and i know from experience ash's hair is a pain to get looking right :D the only thing I would say is with his cap, i would make it a front view as the cap only got turned when he was catching a pokemon, also the shading should be a darker shade of red as it blends a bit much here. All in all 9/10

Good old brock next, he is for lack of a better word perfect everything just looks like classic brock very nicely done, especially on the hair. 10/10

misty much like brock is pretty much perfect, so not much to say here :D 10/10

Jessie once again looks very nice, she is almost perfect but her hair looks way to big and a bit like an affro, so maby make it a little bit smaller. 9/10

James, much like the opposite of jessie almost perfect but his hair isnt long enough I know its hard to get looking right but it would look much better if you could. 9/10

Butch, perfect but maby switch his hair for james's I think that might look a bit more accurate. 9/10

Cassidy, once again the hair is almost perfect but again switch for the james sprite, and keep the pony tails of course :D 9/10.

Giovanni, is just perfect seriously it looks so much like him that its uncanny, make his hair a tad bit darker and then its just 100% 10/10

Good job here mate truely, but a recuring problum that I can see is that the pants are always only one pixel row accross i would make it 2 and add an extra pixel at the top corners for shape, that should hopefully fix the slight squareness that the boddies have here. Fix those few things and these will be by far the best anime overworlds that I have ever seen, so I expect side, back and walking sprites :D

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
The 1st sprite that seemed to be magorly critized was Jessie so, which jessie should it be? Or, is better than the others. A, B, or C?

And, apparently some of you don't know that I do have an Ash with a hat. So a here.

Last edited:
Years
The 1st sprite that seemed to be magorly critized was Jessie so, which jessie should it be? Or, is better than the others. A, B, or C?

And, apparently some of you don't know that I do have an Ash with a hat. So a here.

Hmm, the volume of Jessie's hair, is a bit, too big/spaced out? I'd suggest, make it less "spaced out". Hmm, is the hair outline black? Or maybe it's just dark for me. Er, around the forehead, a little over the eyes, the outline looks kinda straight, just like the other overworld sprites. It doesn't look right. D=. Eh, overworlds are kinda hard for me to give some CC to. XD Overall, it's pretty good. =o

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Well thanks, its hard to give crit on subjects you don't much about, lol. Anyway, about Jessie's hair, no, very little is blac, just dark purple red.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
BUMPDATE: Professor Oak!
professoroak.png

Yeah, so yeah. His hair wasn't spiky enough before, well compared to his Anime counterpart anyways... And a little bit of a costume change, recolor, edit thing.

Atomic Reactor

Shading could use a tad fix though.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, it's an edit, I had him as skinny before, and it looked odd. How should it be fixed BTW, more grey?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
Brock and Ash look fantastic, but the bottom first four all have hair that don't look natural. I can't picture what the characters would actually look like. Maybe take out the black outline on the bangs and make it more subtle, perhaps replace the thing under their bangs (I couldn't find a way to describe it, I tried circling the areas I'm talking about for you at the bottom of my post -kind of hard on this laptop of mine-, I hope you get what I mean) with a shadow, and thin out Jesse's hair a tad. Great job on the bodies and faces, though.

2ibm1ko.png

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Bumpdate:

Ash, Brock, Misty
Jessie, James, Butch, Cassidy, Giovanni
Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Professor Oak, Delia, Bill
Gary, Todd Snap, Ritchie

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

You havn't really fixed anything i mentioned...
So I'm not going to critique your work again...

I do see that you attempted James though, and a little of jessie.
I'll fix them and show you what i meant in my critique when i get a chance

Years
Jame's hair is too high up. Maybe making it a bit longer would make it more accurate-looking.

I think Jessie's is just a pixel or two too wide. Cassidy's hair outlines have a bit too much contrast. Gary's hair is too short.

I love Ritchie's hat. It totally looks like his.

4th Generation overworld sprites are difficult to create. The hair is so awkwardly proportioned, I could never get it right. Don't give up, though. I think you'll get it.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
You havn't really fixed anything i mentioned...
So I'm not going to critique your work again...

I do see that you attempted James though, and a little of jessie.
I'll fix them and show you what i meant in my critique when i get a chance

[Igor] I am sorry master [/Igor] Though I do think I fixed Misty

Jame's hair is too high up. Maybe making it a bit longer would make it more accurate-looking.

I think Jessie's is just a pixel or two too wide. Cassidy's hair outlines have a bit too much contrast. Gary's hair is too short.

I love Ritchie's hat. It totally looks like his.

4th Generation overworld sprites are difficult to create. The hair is so awkwardly proportioned, I could never get it right. Don't give up, though. I think you'll get it.

Thanks, I've never been able to do Ritchie hat,which is surprising considering I find Ash's quite easy now.

Jessie and James,are both my top priority, thanks to you and Atomic.

Yeah, th gen is tough, If I make it any taller than it is, he'll be taller than Brock...

Thank youthe both of you for the critique

Atomic Reactor

And no, you didn't fix misty. You moved her hair inward by 1 pixel, which didn't do anything.
The lip shouldnt be going upward like it is.

Oh and on oak, just fix the shading.
It doesnt need more grey... idk what that even means :/

Again, ill show you what i think jesse and james should look like when i get a chance :P

Ritchie does look very good.
Nurse joys arms look really manly, lower her shoulders a bit.

Gary's hair is simply horrible. It need to be rdone completely, make it taller, and make the spikes... wider? Idk, take a look at the official one and mine on deviant art(not saying mine is perfect, but it looks more like the actuall gary)

Delia could use some more shading on her shirt.

The ones i didn't mention from the new group look god. I can't think of anything to change. :P

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018

Tried to add more shadng to Oak an Delia, ot quite sure if it worked though...

Jessie and James hair have been changed to go with all of my repliers opinions

Gary's hair has been Animefied

Misty hasn't been changed and probably won't be, I like her this way... ;)

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
These are really good. I especially like the detail you put into the hair. The only thing I don't like is that they are slightly too chubby, but it seems to just be me who that bugs.

Back