• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
alright so somethings still messed up. i think it might be my advance map because some scripts work with different versions. as of the moment the script you game me forces you to keep talking to the pokeball about 3 times then allows you to walk away without the dialogue finishing

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2011
the script I gave was written for XSE, not poke-script
I said it should work because I very briefly used
poke-script before I started using XSe, which I
find to be better! so unless you want to compile it within XSE you're gonna have to wait till someone who uses poke-script comes along!

frits191

Pksvui Scripter
Years
Hey guys I have a problem with a simple script:
The idea is I want a voice to give the Hero his starter: A pichu egg.
I use a green script box.
Now the tekst works but the only thing that doesn't work is the giveegg itself.
Thanks for helping :)
Spoiler:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Spoiler:

Have you tried using the number instead of saying PICHU?

My Question:
If I use a script that forces me to move to another map (applymovement) and I happen to have another level script on that other map, will the level script activate?

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Spoiler:

Like the above said. Pichu's number in hex is 18, so try "giveegg 0x18 0xAC"

Last edited:

Sephiroth2009

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011

My Question:
If I use a script that forces me to move to another map (applymovement) and I happen to have another level script on that other map, will the level script activate?
Hmm...this is un heard of. I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing..or tried. But I don't see why not. You might be able to call the map script inside the script you're using anyhow. If what you're tying doesn't work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
My Question:
That's... a really good question. I know half of the answer.

Only one script will run at a time. So if the level script does activate in the middle of applymovement, then the script that was running before it will terminate execution immediately (as if you had just run a "goto" to the level script). Whether or not the movement itself will terminate, though, is difficult to know.

This is assuming that applymovement can actually successfully carry the player outside of the current map through any means, map connections or otherwise.

frits191

Pksvui Scripter
Years
Well I tried it now, but it still won't work.
Maybey it's my ROM or something.
I have no idea.

The updated script:
Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
alright so somethings still messed up. i think it might be my advance map because some scripts work with different versions. as of the moment the script you game me forces you to keep talking to the pokeball about 3 times then allows you to walk away without the dialogue finishing
Switch to XSE. Pokescript is too buggy.

Like the above said. Pichu's number in hex is 18, so try "giveegg 0x18"
Nope, Pichu != Pikachu.
Pichu's actual number is AC (172 in dec).

Well I tried it now, but it still won't work.
Maybey it's my ROM or something.
I have no idea.

The updated script:
Spoiler:
Well it's actually your commands that's causing the problem...
There should be dynamic instead of dyn and msgbox instead of Message...

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
My script works perfectly, except it gives out a random pokemon cry for some reason

Spoiler:

How do I get rid of the cry?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 8, 2014
Okay, my script is...kind of working. It's in XSE, by the way. Here it is; I'll explain the problem in a second.

Spoiler:

Well, the script works. Nothing freezes, the battle plays fine, and the message boxes all appear. However...the sprite doesn't. It doesn't show up and it doesn't move(if I make it visible normally), either. I'd insert a SC of Advance Map so you could see all the settings for the sprite, but I haven't made 15 posts, so I'll just list them in order:

Spoiler:

Anyone know what I've done wrong here?

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Try changing theperson id to 1100 some flags are already set in game and if it is your sprite wont appear :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Okay, my script is...kind of working. It's in XSE, by the way. Here it is; I'll explain the problem in a second.

Anyone know what I've done wrong here?
AdvanceMap shows the "person event number" in decimal, but you are specifying it in hex in XSE. Decimal 10 is not equal to hexadecimal 0x10; change your showsprite/hidesprite commands to use either 10 (no prefix) or 0xA.

Side note:
Try changing theperson id to 1100 some flags are already set in game and if it is your sprite wont appear :/
Flags above 0x8FF don't technically exist and hence are not safe to use; they overwrite other save data in RAM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 8, 2014
Ah, thanks. I've done some scripting, but I'm very new to actually doing any hex editing. Turns out I also forgot a "waitmovement" command too, but I fixed that pretty easily. And I'm not so much worried about flags and corrupting stuff right now; what I'm doing at the moment is just learning on a test ROM that I won't actually be using for anything. Best to know what I'm doing before I start making the game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
Game: Fire Red
Type: Signpost
Editor: XSE
Script: Sisnpost
Spoiler:

For some reason my signposts in my rom hack arn't working. I did the live update to XSE 1.1 and i can't think of anything else seeing as i followed diegosawesome tutorial correctly.

SupahNinja

Scripting Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011
Game: Fire Red
Type: Signpost
Editor: XSE
Script: Signpost
Spoiler:

For some reason, the signposts in my rom hack aren't working. I did the live update to XSE 1.1 and I can't think of anything else, seeing as I followed diegoisawesome's tutorial correctly.

When I tried compiling your script with XSE, I got the "No dynamic start offset specified" error.
Looking at your script, it makes sense.
You start with a static offset (#org 0x800000), but then you use pointers (@start, @sign) in the rest of the script.
Pointers require a dynamic offset, so try changing the first line to #dynamic 0x800000.
That way, XSE will find free space starting from 0x800000, and continuing for each pointer.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
When I tried compiling your script with XSE, I got the "No dynamic start offset specified" error.
Looking at your script, it makes sense.
You start with a static offset (#org 0x800000), but then you use pointers (@start, @sign) in the rest of the script.
Pointers require a dynamic offset, so try changing the first line to #dynamic 0x800000.
That way, XSE will find free space starting from 0x800000, and continuing for each pointer.

Sorry i wrote the script incorrectly in the thread i have #dynamic 0x800000 not #org.

there must be something else wrong with it.

SupahNinja

Scripting Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011
Sorry i wrote the script incorrectly in the thread i have #dynamic 0x800000 not #org.

there must be something else wrong with it.

Ok.

1. Did you remember to copy the script offset XSE gave you and put it into the script offset box in Advance Map?

2. What is the talking height of the signpost set to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back