• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

As Dark As Night: Dark Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thank you! ^^ Sure, Bijou, I don't mind another nickname. I just love this anime character...But I digress. What's your suggestion?
We used to have the same nicknames for our pokemon but i changed mines to darkness to avoid confusion xD

The Girl from the Well

~Call me Sadako or Samara~
Years
Barghest! It is what Absol possibly is based on, and is a kinda dark-ish name. You can keep calling him Dark, if you like though. =3 Besides, as said above, Gav changed Dark the Umbreon's name to Darkness, so now it doesn't matter. ^^ (Why I made that a link, that's an awesome song.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Barghest! It is what Absol possibly is based on, and is a kinda dark-ish name. You can keep calling him Dark, if you like though. =3 Besides, as said above, Gav changed Dark the Umbreon's name to Darkness, so now it doesn't matter. ^^ (Why I made that a link, that's an awesome song.)
I would listen to the song if it wasn't 3 o'clock in the morning xD
I might wake somebody up >.<
(I'm In Ireland btw)
I think i shall put a memver count on the top now!
I hope we get more soon!

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
Years
Ohh, okay, sorry. ^^;

Barghest? How do you pronounce that? Lol, but yeah, I'll be keeping Dark, at least for now. If it causes any more confusion then I'll change it.

But, um, to get back to the main topic...I think Darkrai's a good legendary, I mean it can create nightmares, for heaven's sake! Now that's a scary pokemon...Oh, and I like how they made Cresselia for that purpose, too. Having opposite counter parts is pretty cool, especially in pokemon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Ohh, okay, sorry. ^^;

Barghest? How do you pronounce that? Lol, but yeah, I'll be keeping Dark, at least for now. If it causes any more confusion then I'll change it.

But, um, to get back to the main topic...I think Darkrai's a good legendary, I mean it can create nightmares, for heaven's sake! Now that's a scary pokemon...Oh, and I like how they made Cresselia for that purpose, too. Having opposite counter parts is pretty cool, especially in pokemon.
No it's cool Don't worry ^^
Ya i like that. Sinnoh has some great myths and story lines.
I love Canalave!
I'd like sinnoh a lot more if half its pokemon didn't suck!!
There was only a few dark pokemon made in it too... There should be more. Espcially primary dark pokemon like Umbreon and mightyena

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
...unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the newer generations. But, based on what I've learned so far, I'd have to say Darkrai is an alright Dark legendary.

...of course, that doesn't mean he's the BEST, necessarily...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
...unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the newer generations. But, based on what I've learned so far, I'd have to say Darkrai is an alright Dark legendary.

...of course, that doesn't mean he's the BEST, necessarily...
How come??
Are you just too old school? Its hard to get into the new stuff sometimes..

Well no clearly xD
Although if you fall asleep you're pretty much done for!

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
No. I simply never got the opportunity to play the newer games, and I lost interest in the anime post-Johto. Never read the Manga.

True. But, I'd have to say, a Void-oriented Pokemon would be a good choice. Take Lynx from Chrono Cross, for example:

ForeverZero: Turns everything into eternal nothingness.

Perhaps if, in the next generation, they created an enhanced form of Darkrai with a power such as that?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
No. I simply never got the opportunity to play the newer games, and I lost interest in the anime post-Johto. Never read the Manga.

True. But, I'd have to say, a Void-oriented Pokemon would be a good choice. Take Lynx from Chrono Cross, for example:

Perhaps if, in the next generation, they created an enhanced form of Darkrai with a power such as that?
Possibly but i don't thibk even Arceus would have that power xD
Okay it's a new Day and a new Topic shall be added!

Spoiler:

Clover Cat

Years
Yay new topic~^^

I think so. I would like to see more Gym Leaders devote to the Dark type, but since they let the Elite 4 specialize in them twice you can't necessarily say it's unfair, especially since the Elite 4 are stronger then the Gym Leaders anyway. Actually, if it's the Elite 4 I think it would be cool if they had some Dark type legendaries -coughDarkraicough-to make it more interesting.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yay new topic~^^

I think so. I would like to see more Gym Leaders devote to the Dark type, but since they let the Elite 4 specialize in them twice you can't necessarily say it's unfair, especially since the Elite 4 are stronger then the Gym Leaders anyway. Actually, if it's the Elite 4 I think it would be cool if they had some Dark type legendaries -coughDarkraicough-to make it more interesting.
Well i'm thinking the Dark types are just too good for gym's so they go straight to elite 4 xD
I wouldn'y like them to have a legendary though... I hate it when trainers have legenary pokemon its really stupid xD I mean theres a reason they are legendary ^^

Clover Cat

Years
I suppose...But you know, Lucario was supposedly a legendary before Diamond and Pearl, wasn't he? So it might make sense. Plus I want more of a challenge when I go to face the Elite 4 anew. :D And yes, only the best for the Dark Types. XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yep, no gyms. =[ But, yeah, the Elite 4 are stronger, so it is pretty fair. You should feel sorry for Normal types. They're so weak, they only have one gym for them! >>
Well i cant agree they're completely weak i mean look at porygon-Z! I've got 2 of them on my team! Different EV's of course!
I wish we had more members =(
Maybe i should do something better with the club?
Any ideas?

The Girl from the Well

Years
But, can't they be easily beaten by Fighting-types? Even though some can learn psychic moves, and Dark-types are also weak to the fighting...but I digest wait, that's not how you say it! XD

Well, the club is still pretty young, so I'm not sure what to do to attract new members. How about we also make a Social Group?

I'm thinking of making a Dark PokeMorph. I'm using a ninja, so what Pokemon should I use?

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
...I DO happen to know of a particular song that would suit this club well. ARe any of you familiar with the Burning Orphanage track from Chrono Cross? (yes, I reference that a lot :P)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
...I DO happen to know of a particular song that would suit this club well. ARe any of you familiar with the Burning Orphanage track from Chrono Cross? (yes, I reference that a lot :P)
Amazingly no i've never heard the names and i know a lott of music!!
Ya i may make an SG....
I'll give it a day or two though!!

The Girl from the Well

Years
Ooooooooh! As long as we're showing songs that are kinda dark, can I show one too? It's a Sonic the Hedgehog song, but it doesn't relate to him(Sonic as the character). Pleeeease? XP

I'll listen to your song too, Dreams. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back