• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge (Revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey I'd like to do this challenge in FireRed! The team I got is:

Hypno, Doduo, Corsola, Porygon2

I'm not sure you can play with that team, since the rules say the next person generates a random team for you, not just you for yourself. i think this is done to ensure nobody cheats and really gets a random team, not a handpicked one. Plus, you didn't write a sign-up...
Why don't you post one and I'll get a random team for you?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I already started. I'm not going to change everything up to try and fulfill some silly requirement that tries to maintain integrity. If people actually try to lie about their random teams for this challenge, then >_>

Years
I already started. I'm not going to change everything up to try and fulfill some silly requirement that tries to maintain integrity. If people actually try to lie about their random teams for this challenge, then >_>

Then I'm afraid you're not going to be playing this challenge. If you're not going to respect the rules, then I'm afraid you won't be recognized in the OP even if you do finish the game.

Team:
Blastoise
Rhyperior
Mawile

Can I get the others rerolled, let's try to keep it balanced plz :P thanks

Reroll the other 3 please...not very type balanced hehe :P

I apologize but you have to use the team you were given, unless they either 1. don't respect your original restrictions or 2. are unavailable to you.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Then I'm afraid you're not going to be playing this challenge. If you're not going to respect the rules, then I'm afraid you won't be recognized in the OP even if you do finish the game.

I apologize but you have to use the team you were given, unless they either 1. don't respect your original restrictions or 2. are unavailable to you.

I know I did...I did ask for balanced types when I signed up on last page bud

S.

I make the club bounce...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Name: S.
Game: Blue
Number of Pokemon: 6
Restrictions: Any pokemon BEFORE Brock.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Name: S.
Game: Blue
Number of Pokemon: 6
Restrictions: Any pokemon BEFORE Brock.

If you only use Pokemon before Brock it's not really a random challenge...
is it okay if you just get any 6 random Pokemon from the Kanto region? You can hack them in and stuff

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_BW_Nursery_Aide.png

Nursery Aide Raeanne
White
50px-Trio_Badge.png
50px-Basic_Badge.png

164.gif

Kaepora lv. 23 @ Chesto Berry
Keen Eye | Serious
[ Confusion, Peck, Hypnosis, Uproar ]

084.gif

Karla lv. 23
Early Bird | Hasty
[ Quick Attack, Thief, Peck, Uproar ]

428.gif

Harley lv. 22 @ Charcoal
Cute Charm | Adamant
[ ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Sky Uppercut ]

548.png

Pwoof

After starting the game normally with Thomas the Tepig, I beat Cress and got the C-Gear and did that boring annoying crap. I traded in my eggs and hatched them all. The first two to hatch and kick off the real adventure were Kaepora the Hoothoot and Karla the Doduo. I'll add another member in order of hatching after each badge. We grinded up on the outskirts of Pinwheel Forest and evolved Kaepora. We fought N and beat Lenora very easily. We started training Harley the Buneary and she evolved quickly (for a friendship evolution, mind) at level 21. Not bad! Currently looking for the fossil skull in Pinwheel Forest. I caught a Petilil and named her Pwoof because...I'm Sydian and I need Petilil in gen V lmao. :( I'll use her as an HM pal/good luck charm. XD

S.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
If you only use Pokemon before Brock it's not really a random challenge...
is it okay if you just get any 6 random Pokemon from the Kanto region? You can hack them in and stuff

Actually, yeah, if I don't need all pokemon right away, then that'll be fine. Only thing with hacking pokemon in is, I have a legit cartridge and I'm unable to trade because I know no one with Gameboys or pokemon first and second gen

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Actually, yeah, if I don't need all pokemon right away, then that'll be fine. Only thing with hacking pokemon in is, I have a legit cartridge and I'm unable to trade because I know no one with Gameboys or pokemon first and second gen

Well i just went ahead and randomized a team for you, here it goes:

Venusaur - Pidgeot - Electabuzz - Exeggutor - Slowbro - Dragonite

Which is actually a pretty awesome team!! I guess you could use bulbasaur and a pidgey until you can get your hands on the other ones? Let me know if this is okay, if not, i can re-roll some for you

S.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Well i just went ahead and randomized a team for you, here it goes:

Venusaur - Pidgeot - Electabuzz - Exeggutor - Slowbro - Dragonite

Which is actually a pretty awesome team!! I guess you could use bulbasaur and a pidgey until you can get your hands on the other ones? Let me know if this is okay, if not, i can re-roll some for you

Sweet, thanks. I'll get onto this right now.

EDIT: Just found out you can't get Electabuzz on pokemon blue without trading, which I don't have access to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2014
Name:Razoof
Game:Leaf Green
Number of pokemon:6
Restrictions: pokemon only from this list
These are the pokemon in the list, they are here because I've never used them before and I want new pokes to use.
Ekans,Arbok,Sandshrew,SandSlash,Oddish,Gloom,Vilplume,Paras,Parasect,Diglett,Dugtrio,Psyduck,Golduck,Mankey,Primeape,Machop,Machoke,Tentacool,Tentacruel,Ponyta, Rapidash,Slowpoke,Slowbro,Farfetch'd,Seel,Degong,Grimer,Muk,Shelder,Cloyster,Onix, Drowzee,Hypno,Krabby,Kingler,Voltorb,Electrode,Exeggute,Exeggutor,Cubone,Marowak, Hitmonchan,Chansey,Tangela,Lickitung,Kangaskhan,Horsea.Seadra,Goldeen,Seaking,Staru,Starmie,Tauros,Pinser,Venonat,Venomoth,Lapras,Eevee,Jolteon,Vaporeon,Flareon, Porygon,Omanyte,Omastar,Jynx,Snorlax,Dratini,Dragonair,Dragonite.

Sorry that's long and all,but those are all the pokes that I've either rarely(once or twice) used or never used.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
EDIT: Just found out you can't get Electabuzz on pokemon blue without trading, which I don't have access to.

Have Magmar.

Name:Razoof
Game:Leaf Green
Number of pokemon:6
Restrictions: pokemon only from this list

Jolteon, Hypno, Primeape, Porygon, Omastar, and Dugtrio.

S.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Have Magmar.

Thanks.

Update #1

- Got my starter pokemon Flora (Bulbasaur) and lost, shamefully, to my rival.
- Delivered Prof. Oak's parcel and got the Pokedex.
- Bought 15 poke balls and caught my second team member, Pige (Pidgy).
- Beasted through Varidian Forest and through Brock, all with Flora.
- Grinded outside Mt. Moon until I got bot Flora and Pige evolved and to level 18.
- Went through Mt. Moon, got the helix fossil and destroyed Misty.
- Headed towards Bill's house, beat my rival, this time, on the way.
- Got the TM version of Dig back.
- Raced over down to the third Gym's City (forgot the name of it >.<)
- Got HM01 from the S.S. Anne and watched it leave, with a tear running down my pixelated face.
- Now, I'm ready to face the third Gym.

Current Team:
Flora
Lvl. 25
Moves:
Cut (Didn't want to make him learn this but had to -___-)
Poisonpowder
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

Pige
Lvl. 26
Moves:
Gust
Quick Attack
Whirlwind

Last edited:
Years

S.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Can I be added to the challengers list please WeightyWillBill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back