• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Years
^That makes sense. For example Charizard X would have increased attack and decreased sp. atk. and vice versa.

Yeah, I'm betting we'd see quite a few reductions in a few other stats for those with more than one boosted stat, like Mega Mawile and Mega Absol, who have Defense/Sp. Defense and Attack/Speed boosted respectively.

But yeah, given at least one stat will be boosted, there's a good shot another will be greatly hindered to make up for it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
A mega evolution for pokemon such as Luvdisc, Spinda, Delibird, and Farfetch'd would be good, or hopefully some actual evolution, cause these guys really need it.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
Years
Y MegaStone in Pokemon X?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering, do you think the Y Megastones are going to be usuable in Pokemon X? Cause i'm buying the X version but i loooove Mewtwo Y ahah

My question might sound silly, but those stones are objects, so if we trade a pokemon holding a Y Megastone from version Y to X, i hope we could use it

Years
The Mega Stones have been revealed to be like normal held items so I believe you will be able to trade them.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
Years
Yeah sure thing, but i hope the Y Megastones won't be unusable in the X version. GF could have "blocked" it in some ways..
It would be weird to have an unusable item in the bag ahah

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I was wondering this too. I believe, since they are hold items, you should be able to trade them between versions. I'm getting Y, but I want to try out that awesome Mega Charizard X. xD

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
Mega charizard X increases atk and sp atk and same with defense. Also if Dragonite gets a mega evo i wonder what the stone will be called.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Wouldn't make any sense to block these items and restrict them to their original versions. So I'd expect being able to use the X stone in the Y game and vice versa.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Eurogamer claims that it has been confirmed that trading the items is possible.

Of course, which stones you get will depend on which version of the game you're playing, but don't worry - you won't be locked into one Mega Evolution by the game you choose. We reached out to the Pokémon PR company for clarification on whether Mega Stones - and therefore different Mega Evolutions - will be transferable between the two versions of the game and they replied in the affirmative. "These stones are like other in-game items so they can be traded by attaching to a Pokémon, and trading that Pokémon with another," they confirmed. "This is the same mechanism as with earlier Pokémon games for trading items."

I feel this is better suited for the existing Mega discussion thread, so...

Years
Well that's a relief for those wanting a version-specific Mega on the other version. As soon as I heard the Mega Stones were going to be just like any other basic held item, it was definitely expected that they could be traded between versions. Thank you for that information Blade!

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
tumblr_msw5yxJmkY1r7ttu8o1_500.jpg

this list has been correct so far except for Aerodactyl.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Aerodactyl does have a MegaEvolution, actually. It's been leaked a few days ago, which could be found right here. I'm not exactly sure if it has proven to be fake, but it most likely hasn't. I wouldn't like it to be fake, either, because Aerodactyl seems to be quite awesome while it's in its Mega form. xD It reminds me a lot about Lugia due its skin color and body shape. If its eyes were a little smaller, maybe, then in my opinion, it would've looked like a complete copy of Lugia.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
That list was not for Megas but the pokemons you could choose for a tournament I think.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Aerodactyl does have a MegaEvolution, actually. It's been leaked a few days ago, which could be found right here. I'm not exactly sure if it has proven to be fake, but it most likely hasn't. I wouldn't like it to be fake, either, because Aerodactyl seems to be quite awesome while it's in its Mega form. xD It reminds me a lot about Lugia due its skin color and body shape. If its eyes were a little smaller, maybe, then in my opinion, it would've looked like a complete copy of Lugia.
Yeah I know Aero has a Mega form, I meant that it wasn't included in the list, along with Gyarados. So I'm guessing this is an incomplete list and there will probably be a lot more mega evolutions like Xandero mentioned.

That list was not for Megas but the pokemons you could choose for a tournament I think.
I can read some Japanese and the first two characters say "Mega" and there's also the word "rock" which could be referring to Mega Stones.

Last edited:
Years

You know I admit Xander's statement about this list being fake is apparently true after all. Especially after we saw the Mega Evolutions for Abomasnow, Gengar, Aerodactyl and Gyarados. Abomasnow and Gengar were shown on this list but Aerodactyl and Gyarados weren't.

I'm wondering if that means we may see more Megas for Pokemon that aren't even shown.

Reactions: Sun
Back